Sign in to follow this  
ToniCipriani

DCX has Maybach, BMW has Rolls-Royce...

4 posts in this topic

And GM can have LaSalle!

Posted Image

Series 12S Model.

I know LaSalle is supposed to be sub-Cadillac, but if Saturn can be repositioned, I don't see why can't LaSalle.

Inspiration from the Sixteen. Rear hinged doors, Northstar XV12 on this base model. Higher end version (Series 16L) will be longer and have the Northstar XV16. The stuff on the front fender are portholes, and a long chrome strip runs along the side of the car. Front hood emblem is the wing emblem of LaSalle (which spans the width of the whole grille), with the pelican standup ornament.

Edited by ToniCipriani

I guess you saw mine posted here too, right the lasalle 16 vert thing ??..OK.

...so heres the thing I Agree, the LaSalle could be a maybach RR type model for Caddy, based upon the 16 concept or whatever, which we both seem to have been inspired by, neither of us went for the current caddy style either, LOL !

Mine is more Aston Martin Lagonda looking as where this one here is ....uh,umm rounded...I hate the grille tho, it looks way too OLD, I see where your going and think it IS a good thought tho.

You mind if we continue to swap LaSalles on this thread, as I would like to take some of your ideas and comnbine them with mine to create a sedan limo version as well, That cool with you ???

Hope so cuz I already got a limo version started, before I saw this thread .... lol

The front on this is way too long, hence my intertest in your drawing,...

...here it is as a real fast (meaning awful ) sketch of a LaSalle sedan limo ;

Posted Image

The ballpoint pen is pure :puke:...and the front is way messed up too, but the cabin area is OLD old school chauffer driven limo. That is waht a Lasalle should be IMO, a real pure Limo like ala maybach.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

roopull    0

Maybach is priced WAY too high & is struggling to show why it should continue to exist.

Rolls, priced right there with Maybach, is having it's arse handed to it by the cheaper Bentley.

GM has Cadillac & if they continue doing as well as they are, they could eventually place a coupe or sedan right in Bentley territory & do something Rolls & Maybach are struggling to do, but Bentley is doing daily... make money.

I'm constantly trying to figure out the strategy of GM with all of these brands & the one thing that seems to be clear is that folks expect Caddy to continue to go more 'upscale' & for Buick to slot in nicely beneath Caddy. We'll see...

Previously there were talks about bringing back the LaSalle brand somewhere else when they were talking about the ULS project.

I was attempting to carry styling from the 1940 LaSalles. LaSalles according to Sloan should be a stylish alternative to Cadillac, while bearing resemblance.

I always thought Maybachs looked a bit bland to a certain extent, especially when the new S-Class looks almost a straight dub of it.

And feel free to take my ideas. It's like an Open Source community here :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by ToniCipriani

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this