Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

BUICK Rivera

Posted Image

A bit of old school in a current wrapper, I think, and the perspective IS spot on !

...& OB is this enough detail for you to "Feel" (lol) ?, ..I hope so !

version 2 ;

Posted Image

V 3.0 ;

Posted Image

V 4.0 ;

Posted Image

V 5.0 ;

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Monte, from what I can discern you dont like hatchbacks at all, you pefer dual hoodscoops on GTO's, you LOVE Trans Am's & Corvettes, and think that everything with an open grille looks like a fish...you must HATE Audi's look then ?

Have I got it all right so far ???...LOL.

OK, granted its hard to get older Buick angluar elements to work in a smooth cured body, ...but I think this manages to do that fairly well ??? Draw me a revision of this concept as you see it tho, I would like to see how you would change it out.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I own a Riviera and all I can say is how dare you :lol: seriously I'm not feeling that at all....the headlight design could work with a little more work and the grille is ok...but overall I just don't like it :huh:

OK, ....DF 79, so wat the body curves turn you off or ???....wat is it, cuz if you like the grille and front lights then that only leaves the....rest of the friggin car !!!

LOL. If you'd be a bit more specific changes are easy to do now...

Well I like the three element headlight idea but perhaps a more rounded shape. As for the grille make it a little smaller and put an "R" inside an oval in the grille instead of the Buick logo.... the rest of the car...I couldn't even begin to tell you what to change...well ok I can, the greenhouse is too small and the car has too many shapes not interacting well...you have a square-ish nose with a coke bottle sides and the the top cut line on the sides need to go...thats for starters

I was also thinking you may want to make the hood less rounded...try to streamline th ecar a little....give it so curves but try to keep it sharp and low and wide...make it mean looking....right now it seems like a cartoon drawing

It's different, agressive and bold... does need some refining

and in the end you have a great Toronado or Eldorado.

The hardtop roofline is super cool and the swoopy 95-99

lines are neat but don;t work well with the square front end.

Keep posting and try to do a Boat-tail style Riviera if and

when you have some time. (1971-73)

haha you got everything right except the whole... big grill=fish thing... it was just that perspective... the new one you posted doesnt look like a fish at all haha

changes i would suggest... make it sexier... curvy... less blocky... that big square grill is too meaty for a car like the Riv... it'd be perfect for like... a torino... or chevelle... somethin big and blocky like that... but i just cant see this big muscular grill working on a Riviera...

after i finish on the firebird im workin on (this is my very last shot at a firebird that BV might actually like... my first one was god awful... and my second one wasnt quite sexy enough for him... lol) i'll see what i can come up with as far as a riviera is concerned... i dont see this car going retro tho... im thinking modern on this...

and by the way... for the most part i do in fact hate audi's look... some of their cars are alright but overall... ew... :lol:

that ones actually not too bad... MUCH better than the other two lol my only real complaint is that the headlights are on the big side... but otherwise... nice job makin a fish into a dustbuster into a car... :P

I like the second one but it's a bit too 80s retro... or something.

The green one does look like a modern Cougar based on the Stang.

Good job on the hardtop greenhouses though.

Thx you guys you are true friends....ya know I just do this for fun, not there to win any contests or nutin...BUT dig this $h! ;

...courtesy of Thorbull$h!nator III or ?? (said in his msg he was from G&G !!)

"Dude, I just had to tell you: The vehicle "designs" that you post on C&G are bad. Laughably bad. Most third graders probably have a better sense of design than you do. Please stop posting them, and stop trying to give advice to other sketchers/photoshoppers, because you are certainly in no position to do so. I understand that you create automotive art for a living, but apparently that does not mean that you are very good at it.

I am merely voicing what everyone else is thinking. The poor quality of your work (and the fact that you post so much of it) drags the boards (and real artists) down. Think about this: you have entered submissions into just about every official chopping competition, but as far as I can tell you have not won a single one. Now stop making a fool of youself and stop uglying up C&G. The responses to your "creations" are almost always negative, yet you never seem to get the hint. It honestly amazes me how imperceptive and you are."

Of course we realize that this piece of $h! can't draw anything !!!

reminds me of Rex Radier @ GMI ..same BS lines, and he cant draw either !

He and those like him are NOT welcome in my email box as I have too many people who LOVE my work (not what I put here as thats personal fun) and send me money everyday to BUY it !!!....So when Mr.Orbit or whoever he is, comes down off his high... maybe he will apologies for being an asshole !...???

Yes, I run a very succsessful BUSINESS, selling AUTO ARTWORK.

That has NOTHING to do with my posts here at all, except that IS who I am !!!!

Sorry if my sucsess is intimidating to jerks like that, but....I could care Less.

I am here to contribute & assist those whom I can....I do not need that CRAP.

Meanwhile, here is my Rivera final Pix, as I guess I won't be posting much anymore here, ....if that is the kinda BS I have to expect !!!

Posted Image

NOW THIS CAR SAYS ....BUICK !....IMO ??? (fuc that jerk)...LMAO !!!

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

therobinator1111@yahoo.com

THX FLYBRIAN !!!...& I do put posts up here each night lately, (cuz I appreciate the comments)...so if thats too much you let me know awright, otherwise...tell that dickhead to step off !!

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook