2007 Chevy Silverado. Your vote is...?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. 2007 Chevy Silverado. Your vote is...?

• Wow! Absolutely a perfect 10 in my book! Off the charts!
    • Nice, but could be better if they...
    • Average. No better, no worse.
    • Nah. Could be a whole LOT better
    • Ugh. I'll be getting an '06 instead.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll absolutely murder the Tundra. Anyone disappointed with their Dodge or F-150 would head here rather than Toyota.....

especially since it'll likely kill the competition the same way the current one does in hauling/towing/hauling ass.

Kinda' boring & predictable. I expected something a bit more bold & unique. This looks very vanilla... mild... uninspired. I'm not saying it's ugly. It's not ugly. It's actually handsome, I suppose. Handsome in a very normal way. Not a face you'd remember five minutes after meeting it.

Panel gap around the hood is huge. Hope that's ironed out by production time.

Edited by roopull

Kinda' boring & predictable.  I expected something a bit more bold & unique.  This looks very vanilla...  mild...  uninspired.  I'm not saying it's ugly.  It's not ugly.  It's actually handsome, I suppose.  Handsome in a very normal way.  Not a face you'd remember five minutes after meeting it.

Panel gap around the hood is huge.  Hope that's ironed out by production time.

I think the hood is open in that photo. The GM trucks were never bold looking or on the cutting edge of design. But they were always very handsome trucks with designs that aged well. This one looks to continue the tradition, though I think this might be the "boldest" truck design from GM in quite a while.

I'm going to assume that the chrome areas will be available body-color. That should help the look out alot.

I think you're right. This truck looks to be an LT, which is the mid grade trim level on most Chevy trucks. Assuming this is the mid grade truck, I'd imagine the LTZ would have body color up front. THough I do like the chrome.

First thought's were I hate it!!!!

WAY too much Colorado influence to it.

BUT I also hated the new Suburban/Tahoe when I first saw pics. Well I'm now waiting to buy one of those LOL. I'll reserve judgment till I can see one in person, but I am disapointed.

I just HOPE that the HD will be a better looking truck. the 1500 CC looks WAY out of proportion.

Not bad. Love the huge grille! The rear fender bulge looks like an overgrown HHR, or even an old Quadrasteer. They probably could've gone farther, but Chevy has always been known for it's tasteful restraint on it's fullsizers. This is a big step for them.

:nono:  I expected a better look. Maybe it will grow on me.

Too bland, too... wussy looking. Better than Ford but

not better than the Titan in terms of bad ass fascia. :(

Not that I'd buy a Titan over a Chebby but we're

talknig strictly styling here.

---------

This says "look I have a big chrome grille..." B-

http://www.speedsportlife.com

This says "get the f#&k out of my way or I'll run you over!" A+

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

I like it. Sure, it's not aggressive like the old GMT-800, but it still is one nice bastard of a truck.

Nighty, night Toyota. Rest in hell.

Um... definitely not what I was expecting. I was hoping for something more like the Triplets' styling. This is just bland and weak and weird looking. It doesn't even look classy... it looks like a Chinese knock-off of a Chevy. Hell, something more like the Cheyenne concept would have been better as. This just looks all out of proportion and $h!...

"Wow! That thar is the biggest dern Colofordoraider that I ever did see!" :blink:

Wheels are too small. Rear wheel opening looks big enough to suit Bigfoot without modification. The rear cab design - hell the whole thing - is nothing more to me than a 'bigger' Colorado - which at last count is not the hottest GM seller right now.

Front end looks like a Ford humped an Audi...which is to say the offspring is a bit gangly. Who knows, maybe the ugly duckling can become a swan again with some minor revisions. At least we know where the design team from the Aztec went after that program was shelved.

How can they build the GMT-900's one minute then give us this the next??? :angry:

At first glance I thought it was weird, but I looked at it in more detail and it actually is a pretty good design, IMO. I like the big fender buldges, and I think the front only looks weird because of the big gap made because the hood is open. If it was closed I think it would look sharp. The rear is not so good, but that's much less important.

One thing is for sure, it will look bad ass in black.

The fact that so many folks are commenting on what they'd like to have done to it to make it look good or better... well, that can't be a good thing. :huh:

The only thing I would change would be the chrome surrounding the bowtie on the grille. It looks like the trucks from 2 generations ago and kinda leads to the grille almost looking dated. But, on the whole, the truck looks great. Wouldn't mind driving one of those for sure. I want to see how this thing looks in black with some GM dubs. :D Oh, and the SS modle is sure to look much different with probably no chrome on the front end at all! ...something to look forward to.

Edited by 5.3Avalanche

I'm glad I bought my 2006 Silverado. This thing is hideous.  :blink::angry:

Since the GMT900s have debuted, every single one has followed the same styling trend. More subtle and softer body lines. While that may work for the Tahoe, Surburban, and Escalade, it does not work for pickup trucks. Take a look at the 2006 Silverado and then look at the 2007 Silverado. There's a HUGE difference. The 2006 Silverado looks more rugged and it looks like it could rip the balls off of any other pickup truck in its class. The 2007 Silverado does not look very appealing with the bulging rear fenders and luggage rack on the roof. The only feature about the 2007 Silverado that I care for is the grille. They could tone down how much chrome is present, but overall the grille is not bad looking.

GM needs to wake up and smell the coffee. The designs are beginning to start the cookie-cutter effect. The Silverado has been the meal ticket since it was introduced. Time has made it the best truck in the world. Given the interior spy shot released a couple of months ago, GM is starting to cater to the yuppies who like luxury interiors & luxury looks at luxury prices. Disagree if you want, but I get rather tired of the critcs who do nothing but bitch and moan that GM's products are not like Toyota's.

For people like me who are emotional about their cars (as Americans USED to be back in the day), this design is a slap in the face. :nono:

Nopers.

Thanks. I am hoping I like it better in person. The Yukon and Lucerne looked much better in person than they did in photographs.

If all else fails, there's always JPCustoms to let you buy the GMT900 parts to mix and match like they did with the GMT800s...