2007 Chevy Silverado. Your vote is...?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. 2007 Chevy Silverado. Your vote is...?

• Wow! Absolutely a perfect 10 in my book! Off the charts!
    • Nice, but could be better if they...
    • Average. No better, no worse.
    • Nah. Could be a whole LOT better
    • Ugh. I'll be getting an '06 instead.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some info in regards to motor options from a source, I won't go any further....

"I'd guess the same motors as the utes, with a smaller base engine. The SS model that's been sitting finished for a while has 427 tags on it. A LS7 powered short bed aught to scoot right along"

There was a big smiley after the last comment.

Very appliance-like, not an "emotional" design. I like the execution...looks 100x better put-together than the current generation. This will definitely stand out on the road as a "Chevy."

On the downside, it's a little derivative of the Dodge Durango, but much better executed. Also, I am not a fan of the plasti-chrome grille and bumper as the former is a little bit crude, but we'll see if it grows on me.

Overall, good...but again no knockout. Let's wait for some official interior pics (although spy shots have not been promising...get to work Chevy!).

LMAO!! Power back window??? Is that the $h! they're thinking up of now?? That's the dumbest feature I've heard of ever. Anyway this truck looks good, imo.

Last I heard, the power rear window was going to be an option. The GMC will look much different than the Chevy fyi.

Doubt it judging from the reaction of the people who saw me speeding away. Also this truck goes into production in 4 months, I think it would be too late for even minor changes.

Yea, they've arleady finished there Scout Program and Pilot production has already begun. Everyone is already trained on how to build the 900's, Oshawa is having some major problems gearing up for the 900, but I dont think it will delay production though.

Edited by vineyard311

I've been a long time critic of the current GM trucks, and I think these new ones look awesome.

I'm glad they didn't just tack on a Tahoe front end. For that, there's the Avalanche. I really like the way they've integrated the chrome into the bumpers. And the fender flares give it character. :thumbsup:

I don't like it at all...They should have just kept it a "Suburban pickup" from a styling standpoint.

UUghgh! No that would be much worse. The Suburban is nice but it

has very soft styling. Too soft for a BOF full size truck. It looks like

a freekin Toyota 4Runner could kick its butt in a schoolyard fight.

Trucks should look like they're rugged, pissed off, strong & broad

shouldered. This is already growing on me, it's got some soft

styling as well but it does look a bit like 21st Century take on a

1979 Chevy, which is good. MORE Chrome, LESS plastic.

Trucks should look like they're rugged, pissed off, strong & broad

shouldered. This is already growing on me, it's got some soft

styling as well but it does look a bit like 21st Century take on a

1979 Chevy, which is good. MORE Chrome, LESS plastic.

Even if they're just cheap-looking chrome-coated plastic? Besides, the pissed-off truck look is really just a creation of the past 15 years.

You mean like what Nissan tried to do with the Titan? :puke:

Come on now, the roofline is probably the least of the Titan's problems!

And this new Silverado earns a heartfelt "meh." Instead of taking the Tahoe front end and putting it on the Silverado, it looks like they took the Tahoe front end, dipped it in chrome, and THEN put it on the Silverado.

As for the sides, well, not as bad as a Durango or Titan, but still somewhat disjointed.

Wow.... I stand corrected, in black this thing looks AWSOME.

Forget B- solid A for me after 24 hours. 8)

Oh pinch me...

Not everyone wants aggressive. Sales of current, 7 year old silverado prove that.

What? No "pushrods r teh suxors" rant?

^_^

C'mon.....you know I've done nothing but praise GM's pushrod V8 engines....!

And you are right....not everyone wants aggressive....I was just giving MY opinion on what I feel about the two trucks.

And....."pinch" you? Ahhhh.....Oldsmoboi....you don't wanna open THAT can of worms....! Hehehehe <sinister grin>

:AH-HA_wink:

I've let it set it... and the verdict is... a Titan and a Colorado had offspring, but they abused the wrong octane gasoline and didn't change their fluids often enough throughout the pregnancy. The Colorado went to see a Tahoe hooker and might have "poked" the growing Silverado influencing it a bit.

Nah, this is way better looking than my truck. I honestly don't see any Colorado in it. The side contours are not Nike swooshes like my truck, they're square-rigged. The front bumper end caps do bring to mind the Titan, I'll admit, but the rest of it is all Chevy. The grille reminds me of a much larger '94-'97 S-10 grille somewhat. In Chris' newest photo, you can really see the hood and front fender contouring. Very nice.

Pretty soon we can make an animated driveby with all your pictures!

That new head-on shot makes it appear the seatbelts anchored to the seats feature of the GMT800s won't make it to the 900s. Speaking as a current extended cab owner, THAT SUCKS!

I've let it set in and I have to say that its grown on me and I can see more '73-'87 cues in it now that I've had a good chance to really look at it and study the pictures well. I like it, I really do, but I still want to see a regular cab or extended cab version simply because the crew cab STILL looks out of proportion.

I like it, but The wheels look too small, and 5-spoke, 6-lug wheels bother me. 6 lug wheels should have six spokes. Or twelve. :)

When all is said and done, it looks like what it is - a Chevy truck. It is, on the exterior, a conservative restyle, with the look of the windows and grille very much evolutionary variations on the current trucks. What will presumably make the big difference are the improvements to the interior and drivetrain.

A radical re-style of a truck designed to sell over a half million units per year simply isn't in the cards. The truck looks good, but the real changes will be most noticed by the driver behind the wheel.

The interior is what upsets me. (From the spy pics that is...)

I like this truck more then I hate it though. Not bad, especially if they bring out a Hybrid version, I'll definitely buy it!!!! Well I wont.. lol, but my dad will, we where thinking about the Explorer Sport Trac, and then we heard about the Dodge with the Cylinder Displacement, but... we might just get this... as if we need another Nissan Titan looking vehicle around where I live...

haha.

My brother inlaw who has been a die hard Ford guy, bought a new 2006 HD Crew Cab chevy with the Duramax and loves it. He got the new HO Duramax with 6 speed allison and can not praise it enough. On his second tank of gas driving it over the mountains here in Seattle to eastern washington he averaged 20MPG for his trip. He is jazzed and his wife loved how quite it is.

I like the current pissed Chevy Avalanche look on the pickups. This has grown on me, but will have to see it in person to make a final decision. Hopefully the GMC looks even better.

WHY WHY WHY RED! :hissyfit: This color totally SUCKS! :censored:

Must everyone copy Dodge and their damn ugly red auto's???? :banghead:

I would love GM to do a Very Metallic Black, or a Green Candy Apple. I am going to assume this truck will look so much better with a differant color on it.

Over all, Cuddos to GM for finally making the trucks look differant than the SUV's. now if they can only do this with the Avalanche. It's unique look is what made it a winner and now that it has the same face as the SUV's, I am not sure it is that great anymore.

It looks better than the new big Toyota truck which is too bland and oddly proportioned. I like the chrome and door trim and muscular truck look and I think it will do well.

Of course "Toyota" and "bland" has to be mentioned in the same sentence. :rolleyes: Your example, though, is really off.

It's ok though I am not a truck buyer. From a stylistic perspective, it's no surprise there would be a hint of Ram/Dakota in the fender bulges. Give it a rest.

I only wish that the frontal division between paint and chrome had more of a provocative V-shape or angled line to sass it up a bit.

Edited by trinacriabob

Too boring and simple...and not at all in a good (i.e. just inoffensive) way.

First thing I thought--"Wow, people commented on how old the '99 looked inside and out when it was released...what till they see this, because with that nose alone, it looks like something that would have been out about 15 years ago."

Dad agreed and had a few choice %^K%^ words, brother laughed at it, and my mom wouldn't believe it was a NEW truck--the last being a self professed lover of the new Tahoe/Yukon.

Doesn't necessarily ugly, per say, but definately looks thin, weak, and O-L-D. Sorry, but when I want a big, strong truck, I want it to at least LOOK the part (i.e. at least a little bold or aggressive--they at least tried that with the last 2 front GMT-800 nose revisions). This looks like the weakling little odd duck out, back in the game, but emaciated after battling a very bad disease...

Edited by caddycruiser