2007 LaCrosse Interior

Flybrian

Apparently, the wood gets darker and there's a Lucerne wheel.

Posted Image

Are you sure that's the 2007 picture? I mean, it could just be the lighting. The gauges are supposedly to be changed (mention of a new "pointer color"), and they look the same. Then again, other than the pointer, I can't really see any of the gauges.

Interior looks the same to me. Interested in seeing the wood/gauges up close and what the new fabric will look like.

The center stack is still blah.

Well, they didn't do anything to it. I really would have liked to have had the new radio and climate controls thrown in.

I see the gear shift is no longer in faux wood, but leather wrapped.

Are they doing anything to the exterior to go along with this update?

Nothing cosmetic... they're changing the final drive ratio, and that's about it.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see this car stand as it is even for 2008 model year with the same 3800 and 4 speed automatic tranny. When it switches to the new platform it will likely get the new tranny and engines. What would be the point redesigning this car for a new tranny and engine when the current chassis' days are numbered.

Well the problem with the Lacrosse interior is not really the styling it is the quality of materials. The pics look great but when you sit in it the wood sits up off of the components like it is sitting on plastic and it looks fake. Also the leather seats look cheap and you can see mistakes in the sewing of the materials. The Lucerne is a better attempt with better quality. For 07 I would give the Lacrosse 18inch wheel standard to attract more buyers and to close some of that awful wheel gap.

Edited by rueben44

If someone want to spend the time editing, GM has released some pictures and info of the 2007 models in PDF format. Those included are the SRX(page63) and Equinox(page 65).

http://www.gmfleet.com/gmfleetjsp/us/acqui...truck_guide.pdf

Also included was this statement, "Information on the next-generation Silverado family of pickups will be available online at gmfleet.com after August 1, 2006." Stay tuned.

Edited by Derek77

I really wouldn't be surprised to see this car stand as it is even for 2008 model year with the same 3800 and 4 speed automatic tranny. When it switches to the new platform it will likely get the new tranny and engines. What would be the point redesigning this car for a new tranny and engine when the current chassis' days are numbered.

4-speed auto, maybe. 3800, unlikely... 2007 is the LAST year of production for this engine.

Well the problem with the Lacrosse interior is not really the styling it is the quality of materials. The pics look great but when you sit in it the wood sits up off of the components like it is sitting on plastic and it looks fake. Also the leather seats look cheap and you can see mistakes in the sewing of the materials. The Lucerne is a better attempt with better quality. For 07 I would give the Lacrosse 18inch wheel standard to attract more buyers and to close some of that awful wheel gap.

Well, the wood is changed for 2007... I agree about the 18" wheels (the lower priced Aura has them as an option!), but that won't happen for 07. Prob with the Super LaCrosse in 08.

Where did you get those pics?

From the pdf file given in this thread. There's also an 07 Equinox pic that shows the new interior in there.

4-speed auto, maybe.  3800, unlikely... 2007 is the LAST year of production for this engine.

P - what's your source for this? I think Ponchoman was right on this one. They dont' start switching engines/trannies until there is a good face lift or platform change. In fact, remember that walking encyclopedia that periodically posts on the site and then goes away - he said the engine would remain through 2008.

I like the LaCrosse interior...sue me.  At least it has better materials than the Lucerne.  The exterior needs some work but not too much.

I agree. Not a bad interior. Hopefully the mousefur cloth in the base model will go away and the replacement will have a higher quality appearance and feel.

Yep, it's the exterior, namely the front end, that irk me. That oval up front, when viewed straight on, just doesn't do it for me. In fact, I outright don't like it. The LaCrosse needs a slightly more youthful front end and that's a quick fix they could have thrown some money at. Don't these people hold focus groups? Do they design in a vacuum?

I agree.  Not a bad interior.  Hopefully the mousefur cloth in the base model will go away and the replacement will have a higher quality appearance and feel.

Yep, it's the exterior, namely the front end, that irk me.  That oval up front, when viewed straight on, just doesn't do it for me.  In fact, I outright don't like it.  The LaCrosse needs a slightly more youthful front end and that's a quick fix they could have thrown some money at.  Don't these people hold focus groups?  Do they design in a vacuum?

They can get rid of the mouse fur to a degree. I wouldn't want to see the same terrible material that goes in the Malibu/G6/Equinox/Torrent and many other vehicles go in a Buick. They already tried that in the first run of 2004 LeSabres and failed misarably. So many people complained that Buick reinstated the old 00-03 cloth material. That new synthetic crap is like velchro. Very rough to the touch, attracts lint like crazy and tough to clean. Plus it just makes the interior feel that much more austere and cheap. When I think of Buick, I think of luxurious materials that are elegant and soft to the touch. The cloth material in the LaCrosse is ok in it'self. It's the way too light colors and plainness of the look that bothers me. Buick would be smart to incorporate the Lucernes material and make it a tad darker and offer blue and some more interesting color options other than put you to sleep gray or boring tan.

So, when are we likely to see actual photos of the changes? I mean, I'm really hoping we don't have to wait until like July/August for the website to change images.

The new steering wheel is an improvement - the old Lacrosse wheel is terrible.  Now for the rest of the car.  Will someone please fix the exterior - especially the nose?

Don't stop there, the fish-eyes can go as well. I'd like to see a more dramatic lighting house like on the Lucerne. Also, a bolder grill is in order as well. The current one is too 'cute' for my tastes.