regfootball

my 500

45 posts in this topic

regfootball    234

I've pretty much had it with the car. Anyone want it?

OVERALL GRADE D-

pros

-space

-large trunk

-built fairly solid

-cheap running costs, cheap to get into

-seats are decently firm

-safe car, extrmemly safe

-kick ass cupholders

-keypad access on the door

-good outward visibility

-good mpg

cons

-won't downshift

-won't find a gear

-won't stay in gear

-picks wrong gear

-have to floor the throttle and hold it for like 5 seconds before the rpms go up and it kicks down

-no soundproofing from road noise

-engine drone buzz and vibration at low rpm drives me insane. my lawn mower sounds better

-slow steering

-dead steering

-no roll stiffness

-piss poor brake feel. brake fade

-needs more power in low and mid range

-looks fat and flabby

-cheap ass stereo, a ten dollar emergency radio sounds better

-interior is cheap

-typical cheap ass sounding door locks

-climate controls are cheesy and sheap looking

-interior plastic gets extremely dirty and can't be cleaned

-fking doors won't unlock when you get out of the car. you have to unlock them manually if you want to get your kid out of the back

-no factory remote starter

-cheap ass key and fob

-power passenger seat, can't adjust height!

-small gauges

-radio and climate control should be up higher.

-stupid dash top storage compartment is too far away and this is where the NAV should be anyways.

Edited by regfootball

Flybrian    0

So...you're selling the car after telling us it sucks. Good strategy.

I will pay you the price that's shown on the car. Five-Hundred dollars.

regfootball    234

So...you're selling the car after telling us it sucks. Good strategy.

I will pay you the price that's shown on the car. Five-Hundred dollars.

prolly can't afford to sell the car. leasing it anyways.

thing is, it would be a GREAT car if Ford hadn't fked up all the things I listed!

fixing the engine and tranny and handling and road noise would fix 2/3 of my gripes. No wonder Ford's ass is in a sling, if they do this poor a job on everything they build, no wonder.

FREESTAR!!!!

God, they just need to sweat the details!

Edited by regfootball

Flybrian    0

By the way, I hope you realize that I could've combined your list to make the most kickass "Your wife" joke ever.

large trunk, cheap to get into, go up and it kicks down, looks fat and flabby, gets extremely dirty and can't be cleaned

"I don't care about your wife, what about the car?!"

Just FYI.

regfootball    234

you think I haven't checked out that site!?!?!

is the shifter on the 6 speed PUSHROD G6 really that bad?

I'm so pissed I didn't get the Maxima instead...even with the atrocious interior......would have been the same money.

to top it off, my buddy emailed today......he's not getting an 06 Avalanche anymore.....he's getting an 07! loaded, leather, nav, sunroof. the deal and trade offer was far better on the 07! I saw an 07 lanche last weekend at the chevy dealer and i almost wet my pants it was so nice and i'm not even a truck guy.

Edited by regfootball

regfootball    234

maybe they will let me pull ahead the lease without getting raped in spring 07 when the 08's with the duratec 35 come out.

Edited by regfootball

roopull    0

I do not dislike Fords at all, but almost every newer one I've driven has had to 'hunt' for a gear - especially when cruising in the 80mph range. The lone exception was a rented 'Stang... it did everything well.

-fking doors won't unlock when you get out of the car. you have to unlock them manually if you want to get your kid out of the back

This is one thing that pisses me off about the Cobalt too.

It locks the doors when you start moving. With an auto, it unlocks the doors when you put it in Park. However, it's too stupid to figure out what to do for a manual. So when I drop people off sometimes I forget and they sit there and curse at my car while they hunt for the door unlock thing.

Drew Dowdell    5,000

In both the CTS and the Avalanche, that auto door lock thing is programable. So I can turn it off, have it lock the doors coming out of park, or lock the doors above 5mph.

aaaantoine    4

to top it off, my buddy emailed today......he's not getting an 06 Avalanche anymore.....he's getting an 07!  loaded, leather, nav, sunroof.  the deal and trade offer was far better on the 07!  I saw an 07 lanche last weekend at the chevy dealer and i almost wet my pants it was so nice and i'm not even a truck guy.

It really is an awesome truck (and I'm not a truck person, either). I know my friend has wanted to get an Avalanche for a long time, but has to get into money first. I'll tip him off to the new model at some point.

regfootball    234

Man, this makes me want to do a ::regReview:: of our Odyssey, which really pisses me off sometimes.  :lol:

NO! IT's a HONDA! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!

i've never found the odyssey to be autmotive nirvana. i test drove one one time. I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

regfootball    234

It locks the doors when you start moving. With an auto, it unlocks the doors when you put it in Park. However, it's too stupid to figure out what to do for a manual. So when I drop people off sometimes I forget and they sit there and curse at my car while they hunt for the door unlock thing.

Ford has it programmed from the factory to keep the 3 passenger doors locked. So when i get to daycare in the morning, As I step out of the car, I have to UNLOCK the doors myself. And then sometimes i gotta push it twice to make sure the back doors unlock.

Another example. You get home and park in the garage. You have something sitting on the passenger side. You go get the mail and then go in the house and realize you forgot some stuff in the front passenger seat of the car. You gotta either go back and get your fob or walk all the way around to the drivers side, unlock the car and go back around again to the passenger side.

For this very reason alone I would like to pull aside everyone responsible at Ford for this thing, and beat the living crap out of them.

I could easily spend 2 hours venting my frustration on these decision makers.

There is a complex routine you can do to disarm this feature. But its like defeating Lexus traction control. Its almost ritualistic and if one event is out of sequence, the climate control would probably go haywire or something.

Its crap like this why Ford is in the toilet.

Dsuupr    12

You can turn the automatic door locks off.

regfootball    234

Bill, FINISH YOUR CARS!

at least the damn thing DOWNSHIFTED TODAY

i would love to take everyone at ford responsible for their new worthless electronic throttles and abysmal trasnmission programming and throw eggs at them ALL NIGHT LONG

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.