Mercedez Benz News Mercedes-Benz USA Announces Pricing and Packaging Options for All-New EQS SUV

David

1 hour ago, David said:

@smk4565 You already know as you can as well as I can if I wanted to waste any more time post the sales volume of Mercedes-Benz auto's by model from their own reporting page and it shows that MB makes the bulk of their sales and money from the low to middle class of auto sales and as has been posted way too many times, the E-Class Taxis sales across Europe and Asia. 

As such, Mercedes is a mass auto company that makes some money off selling a luxury product in small quantities and bulk off of mass low to mid level products.

They are not a dedicated Luxury only Auto maker. 

END OF LINE!

And who is a dedicated luxury brand?  Bentley and Rolls-Royce?  

Also Mercedes having a full line is smart business, they can compete with Acura and Volvo at one end and Bentley and Porsche at the other. 

9 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Also Mercedes having a full line is smart business, they can compete with Acura and Volvo at one end and Bentley and Porsche at the other. 

Yes, the are a full auto company, not a luxury only auto company. They compete in all Segments.

With the Avereage transaction price of $72,100 for all of 2021 for SUVs/Crossovers. Mercedes is not just a luxury auto company, but a mass market company with their two best products right in the middle competing with everyone else.

image.png

U.S.: Average new vehicle price by vehicle type | Statista

Full Chart shows that Mercedes is a mass market auto company. Welcome to the New Generation.

image.png

49 minutes ago, David said:

Yes, the are a full auto company, not a luxury only auto company. They compete in all Segments.

With the Avereage transaction price of $72,100 for all of 2021 for SUVs/Crossovers. Mercedes is not just a luxury auto company, but a mass market company with their two best products right in the middle competing with everyone else.

image.png

U.S.: Average new vehicle price by vehicle type | Statista

Full Chart shows that Mercedes is a mass market auto company. Welcome to the New Generation.

image.png

Full size crossover/SUV is $72,000.  Compact crossover is $33,000 and that is the #1 selling segment by far. 

13 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Cater to sub $50k, how so?  Here is their sales chart, the S-class is outselling A-class and CLA combined this year.  The GLS is outselling the GLB.  Their 2 best sellers are GLC and GLE.  And a GLC300 4Matic starts at $46k before destination, so with 1 option package those are basically all $50k or more.

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 7.15.08 PM.png

Funny how you circled some and not others. The C-Class, GLB, and GLC all start under $50 (with the GLB AND GLC starting under $40K) and those are three of MBs biggest sellers right there so thanks for proving my point yet again. You can't sit here and claim they are an all encompassing brand and then selectively ignore the models responsible for the bulk of their sales, which clearly show as many under $50K as there are over $50K.

13 hours ago, smk4565 said:

I believe you just answered your own question. 

• Agree 1

@surreal1272 This whole thread has clearly shown the fear of those that want to believe lies rather than facts and truth. A major problem we have in America.

It is going to be interesting to see how people respond to the expanded GM business model of auto sales, Ultium Home, Ultium Commercial and Ultium Charge 360. 

If anything, GM has a better marketing story as they give a complete solution than to anything Europe or Asia currently has. The only other company to offer complete solutions is Tesla and yet they have not done one thing that is an interesting observation is the V2G and V2H which only Kia and Hyundai have included in their EVs. 

None of that tech is found in Mercedes, BMW or Audi products let alone the rest of the European autos.

GM is truly leading the move to the future of Technology, Autos and power management.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Funny how you circled some and not others. The C-Class, GLB, and GLC all start under $50 (with the GLB AND GLC starting under $40K) and those are three of MBs biggest sellers right there so thanks for proving my point yet again. You can't sit here and claim they are an all encompassing brand and then selectively ignore the models responsible for the bulk of their sales, which clearly show as many under $50K as there are over $50K.

I believe you just answered your own question. 

5 of 6 Cadillacs and every Acura but the NSX start under $50k.  

The GLC starts at about $45k.  Mercedes themselves sees their brand in 3 segments, I forgot the names but entry are the front drive platform A-B classes, Core is the C and E classes and top group is anything with a S, G-Class, GT.

Obviously the bulk of the sales come from the middle.  The notion that Mercedes relies on low end cars to make money is false when the S-class outsells the A-class and CLA and costs 4 times more.  The S makes 4 times more revenue than the front drive cars.

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, David said:

@surreal1272 This whole thread has clearly shown the fear of those that want to believe lies rather than facts and truth. A major problem we have in America.

It is going to be interesting to see how people respond to the expanded GM business model of auto sales, Ultium Home, Ultium Commercial and Ultium Charge 360. 

If anything, GM has a better marketing story as they give a complete solution than to anything Europe or Asia currently has. The only other company to offer complete solutions is Tesla and yet they have not done one thing that is an interesting observation is the V2G and V2H which only Kia and Hyundai have included in their EVs. 

None of that tech is found in Mercedes, BMW or Audi products let alone the rest of the European autos.

GM is truly leading the move to the future of Technology, Autos and power management.

I think the switch to EV will be more like a tidal wave rather than a slow transition.  Come 2025 when batteries and infrastructure are better, and there are more options I think EV sales go up fast.

I also think GM is position to capitalize big time because they will have product variety in segments and price points people know.  If Equinox EV starts at $33k that is the average small crossover price, the VW iD4 is $43k, swing and a miss.

If GM gets it right they could be a force.

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

D-E-F-L-E-C-T-I-O-N

The notion that Mercedes relies on low end cars to make money is false when the S-class outsells the A-class and CLA and costs 4 times more.

And I'm sure that had ZRO to do with the fact that the CLA (which is one foot in the grave anyway) a A-Class are complete failures. Again, see the C-Class (which starts at $39K) as an example of sub-$50K sales that keep the lights on for Benz. Why else dabble in the sub-$50K pool to begin with if you are "luxury" or the "best or nothing" right?

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

The Lyriq and Escalade both start north of $50K so that's a lie as well (and the XT6 sniffs within $10 of $50K here so that base price is location dependent. image.thumb.png.6a5997057c9c0f6e690a7c2d5e650198.png

Lets not forget @smk4565, I am not denying where Cadillac plays here but this discussion wasn't about whether or not Cadillac sells a bunch of sub-$50K cars. It was whether Benz does and how much they rely upon those sales. See how that works? No deflection. No goalpost moving. Just sticking to the damn subject. Try it sometime. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Thanks 1

D-E-F-L-E-C-T-I-O-N

And I'm sure that had ZRO to do with the fact that the CLA (which is one foot in the grave anyway) a A-Class are complete failures. Again, see the C-Class (which starts at $39K) as an example of sub-$50K sales that keep the lights on for Benz. Why else dabble in the sub-$50K pool to begin with if you are "luxury" or the "best or nothing" right?

C-class starts at $43,550 before destination.

Every luxury brand sells cars under $50k.

Not sure how the CLA can be a total failure and at the same time “the bulk of their sales” and “how Mercedes makes all their money”

The Lyriq and Escalade both start north of $50K so that's a lie as well (and the XT6 sniffs within $10 of $50K here so that base price is location dependent. image.thumb.png.6a5997057c9c0f6e690a7c2d5e650198.png

Lets not forget @smk4565, I am not denying where Cadillac plays here but this discussion wasn't about whether or not Cadillac sells a bunch of sub-$50K cars. It was whether Benz does and how much they rely upon those sales. See how that works? No deflection. No goalpost moving. Just sticking to the damn subject. Try it sometime. 

I forgot the Lyriq so 5 of 7.  

I posted Mercedes sales chart, they aren’t relying on A and B class level cars for volume, as the chart shows the S-class, SL, GT, GLS, G-class and EQS all of which start over $100k except GLS, outsell the GLA/B and A/CLA.  They are literally making 4 times more revenue on the range toppers than they are on the entry level.

@smk4565 Per your own Chart that you posted, the bulk of Sales comes from two models, C-Class and GLC.

image.png

MSRP starts for C-Class at $44,600 for the GLC $44,900. 

Regardless of other higher-level trims, the starting point shows these are prices to compete with Chevrolet, Toyota, VW, etc. and as such are not a luxury product but a mass market product. This is the Grey area that Mercedes loves to sell in and take ones money but still also be a snob to look at high end models and think it covers the whole product line.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, David said:

@smk4565 Per your own Chart that you posted, the bulk of Sales comes from two models, C-Class and GLC.

image.png

MSRP starts for C-Class at $44,600 for the GLC $44,900. 

Regardless of other higher-level trims, the starting point shows these are prices to compete with Chevrolet, Toyota, VW, etc. and as such are not a luxury product but a mass market product. This is the Grey area that Mercedes loves to sell in and take ones money but still also be a snob to look at high end models and think it covers the whole product line.

The problem with your comparison is the C-class and GLC size Toyotas are the Corolla and Rav4, which neither of have a base price of $44,000. By your logic, Cadillac, Acura, Lincoln, Acura, Volvo, Genesis, Lexus, BMW, Infiniti are all mass market brands, because they all sell cars under $40,000. 

And the GLE is #2 seller, more than doubling the C-class this year, but the C-class also just had a new model out, I think early in the year not many were available as the ran out the old model inventory and waited for the new one.

Mercedes has 6 model lines with base price over $100,000 (not counting AMG One), all of the Asian and American car companies have a combined 1, the Acura NSX.  If you want to talk about who makes high end cars and who doesn't.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The problem with your comparison is the C-class and GLC size Toyotas are the Corolla and Rav4, which neither of have a base price of $44,000. By your logic, Cadillac, Acura, Lincoln, Acura, Volvo, Genesis, Lexus, BMW, Infiniti are all mass market brands, because they all sell cars under $40,000. 

And the GLE is #2 seller, more than doubling the C-class this year, but the C-class also just had a new model out, I think early in the year not many were available as the ran out the old model inventory and waited for the new one.

Mercedes has 6 model lines with base price over $100,000 (not counting AMG One), all of the Asian and American car companies have a combined 1, the Acura NSX.  If you want to talk about who makes high end cars and who doesn't.

You still do not get it, any auto selling in the car space with a starting MSRP $44,600 is a competitor to the C-Class.

Any SUV/CUV that starts at $44,900 is a competitor to the GLC.

STOP, JUST STOP trying to move everything to fit your narrative and open your eyes to the fact that auto companies are no longer playing the game of:

"This Size is SubCompact, This Size is Compact, This Size is Mid-Size and This Size is Full Size."

Every auto company is trying to offer what they believe is the right size for each category of auto and the sizes are all over now.

Mercedes plays in the mass market space and in the luxury space as well as the commercial space all under one name unlike other auto companies.

END OF LINE!

• Thanks 1