2023 Cadillac XT6 Sport Platinum: This Or The Lincoln Aviator

• 3 weeks later...

For a 3 row midsize, I'd rather have a Grand Cherokee L in one of the upper trims in this price range...such a nice interior and I prefer the exterior styling to these two. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

This is one of the rubs I have with Cadillac right now, to me the current Escalade and the whole XT series is a badge engineering of laziness. I would not turn it down if someone gave me a new one, but I have no desire to spend my hard-earned cash on these SUVs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

For a 3 row midsize, I'd rather have a Grand Cherokee L in one of the upper trims in this price range...such a nice interior and I prefer the exterior styling to these two. 

There are probably half a dozen better options than these two.  Can get one of the Germans, an Acura MDX, save some money and get a Telluride or Palisade, Genesis GV80, Grand Cherokee as you said.  Volvo XC90 is pretty good.  There might be 10 better options than these 2.

20 minutes ago, David said:

This is one of the rubs I have with Cadillac right now, to me the current Escalade and the whole XT series is a badge engineering of laziness. I would not turn it down if someone gave me a new one, but I have no desire to spend my hard-earned cash on these SUVs.

I think the XT series is going to die on the vine as they switch to EV.  They look like they were designed as stop gaps just to have something on dealer lots and doesn’t look like Cadillac will improve them any.

But that laziness and stop gap product issue has been going on for a long time.

• Facepalm 1

43 minutes ago, David said:

After looking at the XT4/5, they're more badge engineering than I originally thought.. pretty disappointing. For as great as their cars and Escalade are, their XT lineup is so disappointing. 

25 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

There are probably half a dozen better options than these two.  Can get one of the Germans, an Acura MDX, save some money and get a Telluride or Palisade, Genesis GV80, Grand Cherokee as you said.  Volvo XC90 is pretty good.  There might be 10 better options than these 2.

While I agree there are better options, the GLS and X7 start almost 30k more. The rest are much more comparable, even though the XC90 starts at like 8k more and GV80 6k more. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I think the XT series is going to die on the vine as they switch to EV.  They look like they were designed as stop gaps just to have something on dealer lots and doesn’t look like Cadillac will improve them any.

But that laziness and stop gap product issue has been going on for a long time.

In some ways I would agree with you that the XT series was a stop game measure to get new product on the lots for dealerships. Yet they have been improving them all along and they have the money dedicated, but in a small amount to continue to improve them till their EV replacement is ready. 

That said, just like the Escalade when they went with landscape headlights away from their signature vertical or portrait mode headlights. I can see too much of the rest of the Chevrolet/GMC family in the outside. Like the inside that is very much Cadillac and different than GMC or Chevrolet, Cadillac should have given its own sheet metal design to the Escalade. Same with the XT series.

That being said, the Laziness is not just at GM, you can look at the German brands and I have to call out your favorite Mercedes for extreme laziness in that most folks cannot tell a difference between the level as they are just a blah bland of design. Unless you see them side by side for size, one from just taking a look would have a hard time telling which is which model. This is extended to many if not all CUVs in the European market, Asian and Americas. I think they all have lost their way in design style.

I have to totally disagree with you on the Acura MDX. Those are garbage, the quality is some of the worst I have seen and after all the problems I have seen and the number that are broken down alongside the roads around here, I could never recommend an Acura. With a sister inlaw that owns an MDX and RDX and both have had problems from water leaks to failed components that even after replaced have failed again within a year. I have to question the quality of Acura right now.

In fact, I would say the best right now out there is what you stated in being a GV80, Grand Cherokee. Lincoln, I love the look and interior design, but Ford seems to not be able to overcome shortcuts in cheap quality builds. Very sad.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

After looking at the XT4/5, they're more badge engineering than I originally thought.. pretty disappointing. For as great as their cars and Escalade are, their XT lineup is so disappointing. 

While I agree there are better options, the GLS and X7 start almost 30k more. The rest are much more comparable, even though the XC90 starts at like 8k more and GV80 6k more. 

The X5 and GLE and Q7 have a 3rd row, you can get those for closer to Lincoln/Cadillac money.  And some are more expensive than the Cadillac, some are less like the Palisade, but there is a lot in that ballpark going up or down in price.

15 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The X5 and GLE and Q7 have a 3rd row, you can get those for closer to Lincoln/Cadillac money.  And some are more expensive than the Cadillac, some are less like the Palisade, but there is a lot in that ballpark going up or down in price.

Then you're shopping a smaller vehicle for similar money and when I say similar money, it a GLE still starts 7k more than an XT6. I don't feel like looking up an X5 and Q7 but it's safe to assume they're similar to a GLE, smaller and more expensive.