What's the Most Comfortable & Luxurious Station Wagon? 1974 Mercury Colony Park (460-4V Engine)

Adam is at it again!  I don't know he does it and keeps everything organized.  I got sort of rattled when I've had 2 cars at times.  He owns a lot of them, with some of them being older, out of parts, and requiring different levels of upkeep and insurance.  Does he ever mention how many older cars he has at any given time?  And where he stores them?  I like watching his vids because he seems to focus on the era and types of cars that I find interesting and/or make me laugh.  He's a character, too.

Clam-Shell.jpg

NO the the clamshell wagon.  He points out their operational issues (with the tailgate and rear window).

95ccac247d3751a0d91329f17ad2d898.png

YES to GM's midsize wagons of about the same period, even though I have never been a wagon or SUV/CUV person.  Again, Pontiac pulls it off best, with their Rally wheels looking right at home on a wagon.  Plus, the addition of "Safari" to the model name was a hoot.

• Like 1

When I was a kid in the 70s-80s, my folks never had a wagon, but had usually a full size sedan for my Dad and a midsize personal luxury coupe for my Mom....my Dad had Marquis then Continentals and Town Cars, my Mom had Cougars and Thunderbirds.  

I did ride in the back of friends' families wagons though...I recall a '75 or '76 Olds Custom Cruiser, a '78-ish Buick Estate, an early 80s Caprice Classic Estate, all w/ the woodgrain sides and wire wheel covers. of the era...

• Like 1

Grew up in the Olds Family of Station Wagons and that rear facing third seat was my Domain! Course once Suburban's came into the picture and Station Wagons went away, I have never looked at anything else due to my size.

• Agree 1

I once rode in a newer Olds Custom Cruiser wagon on a "field trip" and got to hear its perfect Rocket V8 exhaust note as the teacher gave it some throttle to get across a rural bridge on a two-lane road.  IIR, it was music to my ears (things you take for granted that will always be with us ... sigh)

Edited by trinacriabob

51 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I once rode in a newer Olds Custom Cruiser wagon on a "field trip" and got to hear its perfect Rocket V8 exhaust note as the teacher gave it some throttle to get across a rural bridge on a two-lane road.  IIR, it was music to my ears (things you take for granted that will always be with us ... sigh)

Seems since EVs have to make some sort of sound for the Blind to hear, we will have perfect synthetic sounds or as I see you can do with some brands already, upload your preferred auto sound to come out of the speakers.

Gonna be an interesting Decade. Imagine all the various sounds we will have on Autos.