Art Of You - The Global Reveal of Cadillac CELESTIQ | Cadillac

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I don’t see what makes this car worth over $300k outside of its low volume and you can customize your colors.  Pretty much everything on this car exists already and there are other EV’s with more power and more range.  

I wonder if Cadillac did customer surveys and found their own customers want something like this or  if they think this will conquest buyers from other luxury brands?

• Facepalm 2

46 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I don’t see what makes this car worth over $300k outside of its low volume and you can customize your colors.  Pretty much everything on this car exists already and there are other EV’s with more power and more range.  

I wonder if Cadillac did customer surveys and found their own customers want something like this or  if they think this will conquest buyers from other luxury brands?

If you say so Maybach. 

46 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Pretty much everything on this car exists already and there are other EV’s with more power and more range

Care to cite actual hand built, low volume examples against a car you’ve never seen up close much less sat in? I’m just wondering if you actually read up on all the details before giving your “expert” analysis. 

“Cadillac's elegant approach to design is reflected inside the Celestiq, which features a refreshingly simple layout that's intended to serve as a canvas for customers. The company wanted the interior materials front and center, and the individualization offered is virtually endless. 

It's all about how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, as one Cadillac spokesperson told Car and Driver. There's even an option for leather-wrapped flooring because of course there is. The cast-aluminum piece on the dash allows for custom engraving; the same goes for the metal elements on the door sill, edges of the floor mats, etc.”

An actual cited source:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41651446/2024-cadillac-celestiq-revealed/

Next time just say “Mercedes good. Cadillac bad”. 

Edited by surreal1272

41 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Kind of the same reason Rolls are so expensive, you have a ton of interior and exterior colors to choose from and they're just very customizable from the OEM. At 300k starting, I think it's safe to say they're also utilizing top notch materials, like Rolls, Bentley, or Maybach would. 

43 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I think it's safe to say that if a car starts at 300k, they think there is a niche to fill and would be competing for Rolls and Bentley customers. 

• Agree 2

I am working on a full story now that will cover much of what SMK thinks already exists but does not as this is a HANDBUILT COACH!

@smk4565 Hold onto your thoughts and read my story that will be posted shortly, then tell me if you think this is just another blah rubber stamped badge engineered job. 

I can say you will be wrong if you do think that.

• Agree 1
  • Educational 1

13 minutes ago, David said:

@smk4565 Hold onto your thoughts and read my story that will be posted shortly, then tell me if you think this is just another blah rubber stamped badge engineered job. 

Why waste your time on someone who could have already read said info for himself? There is ZERO validation from him needed for this car, plain and simple. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Why waste your time on someone who could have already read said info for himself? There is ZERO validation from him needed for this car, plain and simple. 

Thanks for the laugh, as one who has a phycologist for a wife, one has to always hope that humans can help humans improve, educate and work for a better life in our awesome multi-cultural world.

I for one will never give up on anyone even myself to improve. 

I have to say, that after doing the writeup and going through the press kit form Cadillac, the CELESTIQ is the following:

Standard of the World

End of line!!!

16 minutes ago, David said:

Thanks for the laugh, as one who has a phycologist for a wife, one has to always hope that humans can help humans improve, educate and work for a better life in our awesome multi-cultural world.

While true, I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the beating of a dead horse where some folks are concerned. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

If you say so Maybach. 

Care to cite actual hand built, low volume examples against a car you’ve never seen up close much less sat in? I’m just wondering if you actually read up on all the details before giving your “expert” analysis. 

“Cadillac's elegant approach to design is reflected inside the Celestiq, which features a refreshingly simple layout that's intended to serve as a canvas for customers. The company wanted the interior materials front and center, and the individualization offered is virtually endless. 

It's all about how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, as one Cadillac spokesperson told Car and Driver. There's even an option for leather-wrapped flooring because of course there is. The cast-aluminum piece on the dash allows for custom engraving; the same goes for the metal elements on the door sill, edges of the floor mats, etc.”

An actual cited source:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41651446/2024-cadillac-celestiq-revealed/

Next time just say “Mercedes good. Cadillac bad”. 

As I said originally, if you are into custom color selections and material selection, and the low volume aspect, then go for it.  But is that enough to justify over $300k?

600 hp, 300 mile range and 0-60 in 3.8 seconds is adequate, but there are EV's that are faster with more range.  Granted 600 hp, sub 4-second 0-60 is on par with S-class, Rolls, Bentleys, etc and no one is really picking one over the other on a 0-60 time, especially if these are chauffeur driven.  But the performance and luxury features on the Celestiq pretty much all exist on other cars already, you can custom a Rolls any way you want, you can do a lot with Mercedes and Porsche too, not unlimited, but a good bit.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Kind of the same reason Rolls are so expensive, you have a ton of interior and exterior colors to choose from and they're just very customizable from the OEM. At 300k starting, I think it's safe to say they're also utilizing top notch materials, like Rolls, Bentley, or Maybach would. 

I think it's safe to say that if a car starts at 300k, they think there is a niche to fill and would be competing for Rolls and Bentley customers. 

The big difference is the Rolls-Royce name pulls a hell of a lot more weight than the Cadillac name.   Rolls-Royce has the "architecture of luxury" platform and the 6.75 liter V12 that aren't shared with any other car.  The Celestiq is an ultium platform with batteries and motors out of other GM cars, although Bentley gets away with building cars on VW platforms.  Rolls-Royce also has a track record of build quality, Cadillac does not.  Doesn't mean that Cadillac can't get that reputation, but currently it isn't there.

7 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

As I said originally, if you are into custom color selections and material selection, and the low volume aspect, then go for it.  But is that enough to justify over $300k?

So, in other words, you haven’t read all the details about it and felt it better to make yet another uninformed trolling post? That makes perfect sense lol. Just pure weapons grade garbage. 

1 minute ago, smk4565 said:

The big difference is the Rolls-Royce name pulls a hell of a lot more weight than the Cadillac name.

And there we have it. That badge snob excuse that completely ignores history. 

Again, switch the badge with a Benz emblem and you’d be singing a completely different tune so save that nonsense for a Mercedes fan club site. This is just getting utterly predictable and just flat out dumb at this point. Any mention of anything from GM cues the same BS from the resident Mercedes fan and from here on out, I am done taking that nonsense seriously. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, David said:

I am working on a full story now that will cover much of what SMK thinks already exists but does not as this is a HANDBUILT COACH!

I can say you will be wrong if you do think that.

I look forward to it.

I get that it is hand built and custom.  My question is that worth over $300k?  To some buyers perhaps it is.  

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

So, in other words, you haven’t read all the details about it and felt it better to make yet another uninformed trolling post? That makes perfect sense lol. Just pure weapons grade garbage. 

And there we have it. That badge snob excuse that completely ignores history. 

Again, switch the badge with a Benz emblem and you’d be singing a completely different tune so save that nonsense for a Mercedes fan club site. This is just getting utterly predictable and just flat out dumb at this point. Any mention of anything from GM cues the same BS from the resident Mercedes fan and from here on out, I am done taking that nonsense seriously. 

The badge matters at $300-400k.  If Acura put out a $350,000 Legend or Lincoln brought the Continental back (again) and charged $300k they'd be laughed out the building.  

I don't like the look of the Celestic, I hate the back end, and I don't like the EQS styling either.  I'd take a gasoline S-class all day long over either one of them and I'd prefer an EV, but a lot of these EV's are ugly.

• Disagree 1

15 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The big difference is the Rolls-Royce name pulls a hell of a lot more weight than the Cadillac name.   Rolls-Royce has the "architecture of luxury" platform and the 6.75 liter V12 that aren't shared with any other car.  The Celestiq is an ultium platform with batteries and motors out of other GM cars, although Bentley gets away with building cars on VW platforms.  Rolls-Royce also has a track record of build quality, Cadillac does not.  Doesn't mean that Cadillac can't get that reputation, but currently it isn't there.

Well, now that Rolls is into the EV game, will people look down on them for using the same motors across other brands because, we all know they're probably sourcing motors from somewhere else. Even if they do design and build their own motors, it's an electric motor. there's nothing special about it. The details are in the programming.