Philosophically speaking, are you happy?

I try to keep an optimistic edge over all my friends and family. So, this keeps me happy.

Family: I love my parents and sister. They all get on my nerves daily, but I try to overlook these things and realize they're only trying to help me.

Friends: I don't keep many close friends, but those I do keep, I treasure. I have some real good friends. Plus, I'm about to start college and I'll meet a lot of new people there and it'll be good for me. I don't have a girlfriend, but that's not killing me. I'll find a good girl eventually; I have faith.

Jobs and Money: I'm a teenage kid with a nice car just about to start college, so of course I'm broke! I work 2 jobs, I'm waiting for a letter of acceptance or denial from a co-op place, and I might be considering a detailing job for the summer depending on what happens with the co-op. So, this area is peachy, except that I don't have money (although I just opened up a bank account with $2000, which is the money I got for graduating from everybody -- this money's only being used for college, though).

Overall: Like I said, I try to keep everything optimistic. "Live to love and love to live." Keep a faith in something.. anything.. and do what you love to do, and you'll be happy.

Hey,

I just want to thank everybody who replied to my question so far. This has been really interesting. I was surprised at the number of people who said no. I honestly thought I'd be in the minority.

Back at the beginning of the thread, trinacriabob asked what prompted the question. I guess the short answer is curiosity. I think about stuff like this a lot and I was looking to get some insight based on what other people had to say.

I want to add a bit more to the explanation, but that will have to wait until I have a little more time to sit here at the computer.