Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

2008 Impala chops, lotsa 'em too !

I am NOT so sure of those "Malibu" pixs as I went to check on the current Impala, it seems very feasable that thing could be an Impala, witha little tweaking from the curent car and some hints from that one...;

Posted Image

I mean theres NOT a BIG difference here...

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I am going tio have to keep Investigating the possibilites here...it seems VERY close to an Impala, but Ill do a few more chops and see what could fit...if you guys wanna join in this feel free OK ??...THE previous 2008 Impala thread got locked cuz they thought I wanted to TALK about it ...LOL

The chopped pixs are still there (well one is here now)...take a look and chop em if ya want ...I am going to do JUST that too...hmmmm.

The MORE I look at it .....the MORE it looks LIKE an IMPALA !!!!!

I will try some other perspectives as a chopping exersice, not a verbal discussion but a VISUAL exchange on this thread OK ??? ...for those who can chop !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your logic doesn't follow the original author's logic. The link to the Impala didn't have anything to do with styling... They thought this was the new/ upcoming RWD Impala.

The vehicle in the picture is not RWD. It's FWD. The 2006 Impala (which you say is very similar in style to the mystery vehicle in the pics) is on the W Platform. That platform will be gone in a few years (around 2009 or so.) There will be no major refreshes for the current Impala. WYSIWYG.

We know the next vehicle Chevrolet will receive is the remodeled 2008 Malibu. It's the correct time for the vehicle to break cover. The Malibu will be growing in size to replace the current FWD Impala, so the next-gen Impala can go RWD. Styling will remain rather conservative on the new Malibu because it's a volume vehicle (replacing the current Impala & current Malibu.)

BUT THEN....if you continue to folow MY logic,....you come up with these;

Posted Image

UH huh...and I will bet anybody here that if you think GM is gonna

build some BIG ASS retro RWD car, ...IT aint gonna happen.

THIS is more what to expect, ...based upon the current FWD car too.

I do not buy the platform LOGIC at ALL !!!, its BS.

YOU TELL ME these's cars from LOOKING at them are RWD or FWD or AWD ????

The platform are ALL similar in size and stature, just basic Componet differences that will determine any given car's layout.

So I 'll bet anybody a 6 pack of beer that THIS IS the new IMPALA ????

...or DAMN CLOSE TO IT !!!

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Mr.DM:

We have already all seen the next gen. Impala dude,

look at the upcoming Holden Commodore and there

you have it. The Changes between that new Holden

and the relationship between the '04-'06 GTO will be

about the same. That's how thay can save money on

platform sharing... keeping as much as possible while

changing a few cosmetic details.

Hoden already makes an awsome looking/performing

RWD Sedan in two different sizes, why mess with

success?

Now as far as your chops dude... try to be make a bit

more effort, I mean subjectivity aside some of these

chops are super messy... you either need better soft-

ware or just more attention to detail, you're probably

a young kid so I don't want to seem harsh but those

are not very clean or balanced designs.

The huge kickover (kick-up whatever) rear quarter

panel is just not working, the Charger pulls it off okay

but this just seems to be done wiht a crayon.

uh sixty do you know who he is? have you seen a picture of mr.detroit?

not a kid . . . hes an artist whos got paintings displayed publically . . .

i like the last one you did a bit . .. i dunno how those contour lines on the side would look from other views the way they were done there cuz the front view you has doesnt really resemble it much

Edited by mute

Ok 68,(some of the pixs ARE SMALL... so they do looka bit CRAYON LIKE, sorry).

I'll give ya that much, plus I am just playin with these to see what they look like first to decide upon a finished DESIGN, before I go HUNT DOWN a hires pix, like the RED ONE, which is the SS Concept car from 2001. You cannot possibly see that as crayon like ???..unless you have not been to the optomitrist lately ? LOL.

The low res pixs are faster to modify, so I can get a look quick to decide what works best, just consider them as sketches using a camera not a pencil.

The white ones ARE spy photos too...so very blurry as well, have ta use your Imagination with these a bit OK ?...

SO, here is the so called Infamous "Malibu", ...looks like an IMPALA to me tho...?

AND VERY INTERESTINGLY...it fits the NASCAR TEMPLATE PERFECTLY !!!!...;

Posted Image

I AM owrking on a HOLDEN based picture set as well, I agree that will most likely be the "platfrom, but the Holden Statesmen will be a BUICK here in the USA, as it is alreadyt sold as a BUICK in australia and china, that has alredy been confirmed by GM, so the Imp is still a BIG SECRECT....

Anyway as you see the same DESIGN elements are here too, the 67 style Chevy fenders, split large grille, high roofline...; Elements GM (Bob Lutz) has indicated WILL be features of the NEXT IMPALA already;

and here is another version, from a bit better original pix (for Ol' 68), tho it was o the first pix I did with the new sketchbook software and does look crayon like which I am still figuring out too (very astute observation again there 68 !!!),...LMAO now.

(some of you may have seen this one already here.)

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Please resize your pics.. they don't murder my computer since I'm on cable broadband and have a decent computer but still it fills the whole display and have to scroll horizontal (and that's with my display settings set at 1280x1024).

As for the chops, The Charger one has potential as Nos said.. I'm not liking where the backup lights are.. I would move them to the side of the liscense plate. and maybe make the 6 retangle lights a little larger with rounding off the edges a bit.

Please resize your pics.. they don't murder my computer since I'm on cable broadband and have a decent computer but still it fills the whole display and have to scroll horizontal (and that's with my display settings set at 1280x1024).

As for the chops, The Charger one has potential as Nos said.. I'm not liking where the backup lights are.. I would move them to the side of the liscense plate. and maybe make the 6 retangle lights a little larger with rounding off the edges a bit.

OK sometimes after I have uploaded a pixs esp old ones or if I forget to resize them then PB will not decrease the size even if I rename it and upload it again ???

I have to do the same as you to see them too, even with DSL its a pain in the ass....lol

Ill try the headlight redo too, ...THX ! and looking for a bigger pixs of that angle to chop in higer res so it will kick up the pix quailty level as well...

meanwhile here is the HOLDEN based Impala;....

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook