Dodge News: Dodge Last Call of the Charger/Challenger 2023 product line revealed!

David

4 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

badge snobs will IGNORE what is happening with their brand of choice problems...

Like you, you ignore the cheap shyte Mercedes offers. 

Other than the S  Class... every other model and Mercedes cuts corners en masse.  But you will NEVER acknowledge that.

Engineering failures and you will find excuses to by pass.  Take the AMG ONE for example.  Cant be sold in North America because engineering failed to produce a sportscar to meet America's emissions standards...  Yet...the same Chryco product you soooo want to diss and it somehow passes America's emissions.

The 2023 Demon 170 is now the Worlds Quickest Production Car! How is this  Possible? - YouTube

That cheap ass product you exclaim that it is, has 1025 HP.     The AMG ONE has 1049.  24 hrosepower less yet the cheap ass Chryco product MEETS emissions. 

The AMG ONE is Mercedes' latest 6 cylinder technolgy.  Cheap shytty Chrysler uses ancient iron block V8 architecture...

Somewhere down the line, Mercedes engineers failed...  So much for the tag line : Engineered like no other.   

But you ignore that and with one short swoop, you have insulted every single American car making company.  Yet no one bad thing against Mercedes.  You will find a victory in a defeat by praising useless Nurburgring times...   Bif phoquing deal is my answer to that.   I look at engineering.  And Mercedes failed.  It wont be even sold to the world's biggest car enthisiast market which is YOUR native United States of America.   

You should be ashamed of yourself for the the blatant baffonery.  

But its OK...

You do you.  

The Mercedes C-class has gotten better each of the past 3 generations it got better interior and materials.

The E-class I think needs to improve, current car isn't really as well built as the prior 2 generations but it is a cheaper car.  In 2009 the E350 was $53,200 base MSRP, which is $76,000 in todays dollars.  A 2023 E350 is $56,750 base MSRP, they cut cost out of it, I hope they screw that strategy on the next gen and engineer it like no other car, and if it costs $70,000, who cares, people can buy the C-class.

The AMG One has an engine that was never made for the road, it an engineering feat just to get it road legal at all.  And Mercedes does have the S63 E-performance that has more torque than the Demon 170 that does pass emissions.

And I haven't insulted every American car company, I have been very pro Tesla and stated how they will be the #1 car maker in the world in 10 years, maybe by 2030.

• Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, David said:

CT6 was ever bit as competitive as the E-Class form Benz. Cadillac failed to market it and get it into the view of the public. Many believe they were already committed to go EV and felt they had to do a small bit of CT6 here but would have rather not done anything and just move to EV. 

If you ever get a chance to sit in and drive a CT6 you will see it not only competes but beats the E-Class in many ways.

Yes, Chrysler has a bigger challenge but that does not mean they are out. The future will be interesting.

Maybe some people just don't want a full size sedan.  But that all goes into the product planning mix being off, at the time Cadillac was really sedan heavy in an SUV market.   And if the car was so great, it would have sold, the E-class and S-class still sold.

• Facepalm 2

17 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

And I haven't insulted every American car company, I have been very pro Tesla and stated how they will be the #1 car maker in the world in 10 years, maybe by 2030.

Okay so you have insulted 3 out of the 4 (at damn near every turn) and the only reason for not bashing Tesla must have to do with stocks because it sure isn't because of the quality of the auto. 

9 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Cadillac was really sedan heavy in an SUV market.

Cadillac had FEWER sedans than Mercedes. 

It's like David said, and anyone who is not Mercedes fan looking for yet another chance to bash any American car company NOT named Tesla, it was lack of marketing more than anything else.

• Agree 1

This just shows why Tesla will NOT accomplish what @smk4565 thinks.

We have superior built EV products and other brands are not going to just lay back and let Tesla rule the world.

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Okay so you have insulted 3 out of the 4 (at damn near every turn) and the only reason for not bashing Tesla must have to do with stocks because it sure isn't because of the quality of the auto. 

Cadillac had FEWER sedans than Mercedes. 

It's like David said, and anyone who is not Mercedes fan looking for yet another chance to bash any American car company NOT named Tesla, it was lack of marketing more than anything else.

Mercedes has too many sedans too because they don't need "4 door coupes."  They would be fine with C, E, and S and I can actually see the need for an A-class or CLA, but not both, because they can use a smaller, lower priced car since the C-class is now as big as a 90s E-class, and in Europe and China they need a small 4 cylinder car.  But Mercedes had like 7 SUVs at the time Cadillac had 2.  Mercedes has 12 SUVs on their website right now, which is overkill, but they had the SUVs that the market wanted back then, and they have the variety now.  

And maybe Chrysler, Cadillac and Lincoln should build better cars.  And I can put Nissan/Infiniti in there, they are right there with Dodge/Chrsyler in building bad cars.  Infiniti and Jaguar could be dead within 5 years, due to bad cars and bad management.

20 minutes ago, David said:

This just shows why Tesla will NOT accomplish what @smk4565 thinks.

We have superior built EV products and other brands are not going to just lay back and let Tesla rule the world.

I have watched that, I like TFL.

Tesla Model Y is the #3 selling vehicle in the country, Tesla Model 3 is #8 selling vehicle in the country based on Q1 estimates.   Tesla makes 5X profit per car that Hyundai/Kia makes.   EV6 should be targeting 500,000 units per year at $9,000 profit per car if they want to challenge Tesla.