The hottest of Hatchbacks

LosAngeles

I LOVE the Clio. But with the engine in the rear could you REALLY call it a hatch?

[post="11467"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What it's based on was a hatch, so it's still a hatch to me.

What makes a hatchback is THE HATCH ON THE BACK.  duh.... :rolleyes:

[post="11568"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

But DUH if there is an engine back there it makes the hatch almost completely useless. That is DUH why I was asking, a moot point but still nothing to get sarcastic over. :blink:

But DUH if there is an engine back there it makes the hatch almost completely useless.

[post="11740"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How are you supposed to get to the engine to work on it then, the interior?

Same way you get to it in a 911, from under the car or by dropping the cradle.  I belive there is also a cover that can be moved to access the top half of the motor.

[post="12152"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was being sarcastic.

Goddamnit... I just had typed out a post with some pics.. and then my PC f**ked up.

Anyways, the only hot hatchbacks shown in this thread are the GTI, Focus, Astra, and the Mini. The majority of them are blah, not hot. So... here's some ones that are hot.

Audi A3
Posted Image

Peugeot 206 RC
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ford Fiesta ST
Posted Image
Posted Image

Honda CRX
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And my all time favorite 5-door hatch... the Mazda 323F
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's like someone took a New Beetle and gave it a normal front clip and extended the rear of the roof by a foot.....one can see what they were trying to do, but it still leaves me and most Americans cold.

That being said, one can bet it performs.