2008 Sierra "All Terrain" Package

BigPontiac

GMTG, Yes it does. On page 38 at the bottom left corner. It shows the SLE Extended Cab work truck interior in Light Cashmere Select Cloth.

Sorry K.C., I guess I should have been clearer in my request! I know what the SL & SLE's work truck dash looks like, I meant to ask if it showed a picture of the All-Terrrain's SLE dash (which only comes in the Ebony interior). I'm curious as how the titanium accents will look on that dash compared to the SLT's luxury dash as shown on the hero card.

Welcome kanima! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've been looking around my area for an All-Terrain model, but none of the GMC dealers seem to have gotten any in yet. I like the white one, although I'd probably go with the Stealth Gray myself.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn damn damn! Well someone beat me to it taking pics of the truck, but my phone sucks anyway at taking pics lately?! Anyhow, I love this truck it's just too bad that it is wayyyy out of my price range, or else I would get one in a heartbeat! I live on just peanuts a week.

Yea he had a silver and a stealth grey too but i was in a hurry on my lunch break so didn't get pics of those.

I am going to get one, but going to wait till first quarter 08 too see if they might mate the 6.0l with a 6-speed tranny.

The only problem i saw with the inside of the truck is the brushed alum trim not sure if it will hold up long term or look like shet and get alot of scratches in it.

The two tone leather is Awesome, I wish they would get the backup cam on these trucks you can get the nav but no back up cam built on the tailgate handle.

Yea he had a silver and a stealth grey too but i was in a hurry on my lunch break so didn't get pics of those.

I am going to get one, but going to wait till first quarter 08 too see if they might mate the 6.0l with a 6-speed tranny.

The only problem i saw with the inside of the truck is the brushed alum trim not sure if it will hold up long term or look like shet and get alot of scratches in it.

The two tone leather is Awesome, I wish they would get the backup cam on these trucks you can get the nav but no back up cam built on the tailgate handle.

Yes the 6.0L and the 6-speed trans will make a nice combo, the 6.0L and the 4-speed right now doesn't quite cut it.

What was the sticker price on this anyway...over $40,000 I'm sure.

Yes the 6.0L and the 6-speed trans will make a nice combo, the 6.0L and the 4-speed right now doesn't quite cut it.

What was the sticker price on this anyway...over $40,000 I'm sure.

Well the dealer here is selling me one at 300.00 over invoice, so a 6.0 with rear dvd, nav system, rain sensing wipers, side air bags, ez-lift tailgate and intergraded brake controller on the all terrain package is 42767.00

Now take out the dvd 6.0 and nav that is well over 3k you might can get on at 40 or 39 on the nose after rebates.

Sorry K.C., I guess I should have been clearer in my request! I know what the SL & SLE's work truck dash looks like, I meant to ask if it showed a picture of the All-Terrrain's SLE dash (which only comes in the Ebony interior). I'm curious as how the titanium accents will look on that dash compared to the SLT's luxury dash as shown on the hero card.

GMTG, oh sorry bud. I did misunderstand you. No big deal. The only interior the full brochure shows the All Terrain having is the SLT trim with lux truck dashboard in ebony and a light gray. I think the omission of the work truck dash with the All Terrain is a shame. If they are going to offer two dashes in the truck, they should show each dash with every trim level.

Well the dealer here is selling me one at 300.00 over invoice, so a 6.0 with rear dvd, nav system, rain sensing wipers, side air bags, ez-lift tailgate and intergraded brake controller on the all terrain package is 42767.00

Now take out the dvd 6.0 and nav that is well over 3k you might can get on at 40 or 39 on the nose after rebates.

Like I said I only make peanuts per week. Thats too expensive for me, it would be nice if they had a cloth option and you could get the 6.0l and a 6-speed, that would be perfect for me. Besides I don't really need the leather and every other option to go with the package itself.

Like I said I only make peanuts per week. Thats too expensive for me, it would be nice if they had a cloth option and you could get the 6.0l and a 6-speed, that would be perfect for me. Besides I don't really need the leather and every other option to go with the package itself.

Well hell i maybe waiting here is an email I sent to the truck rep for GM.

"To

kelly

cc

Subject

sierra 1500

Kelly ,

I am currently looking at a All Terrain Gmc with a 6.0L in it. I have

heard that there is a possiblity of 6-speed trannys going in these truck

with the 6.0 the first quarter of 08. Is true ? I would love a 1500 with

a 6-speed but don't won't to buy one now and 2 months 6-speeds come in them.

10/12/07 12:17 PM

We haven't made an official announcement on timing but you won't see it on any 2008 models. 2009 models begin production in the summer of 2008. More to come.

Kelly R. Wysocki

Product Communications Manager,

General Motors Full-size Trucks

"

I built one today and the MSRP came out to be $40,400.00 for a SLE2 Crew Cab 1500 4wd Sierra. Here are the options I picked out:

-Air bags, head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions, with rollover sensor $395.00

-All-Terrain Package, includes (PDL) Z71 Off-Road Package, (Z82) Trailering Package, (B58) front and rear carpeted floor mats, (RGA) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) chromed aluminum wheels, (QXN) P265/65R18 on-/off-road blackwall tires, (DL3) outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding body-colored mirrors, Rancho brand shocks that are White with Red letters, body-colored side moldings with chrome accent, unique four bar horizontal grille insert with chrome surround, "ALL TERRAIN" badging on the front fenders, carpeted floor mats with embroidered "All Terrain" logo, unique sill plates, unique instrument cluster with Z71 logo and "mechanical brushed aluminum" accents for instrument panel, center console and switch trim plates. Available and requires either of (16U) Steel Gray Metallic, (41U) Onyx Black, (46U) Stealth Gray Metallic, (50U) Summit White, (59U) Silver Birch Metallic or (74U) Fire Red exterior colors $2,495.00

-Audio system, AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changer, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control and Radio Data System (RDS) $300.00

-Brake controller, integrated trailer $200.00

-Cargo management system, aluminum front and side C-channel rails, located in the pickup box, includes 4 adjustable tie-down hooks $95.00

-Convenience Package, includes (JF4) adjustable power pedals, (AP3) remote vehicle starter system and (UD7) Rear Parking Assist $540.00

-EZ-Lift Tailgate Package, includes (A60) locking tailgate and (PPA) EZ-Lift tailgate $95.00

-Tires, P265/65R18 on-/off-road, White outlined-letter $180.00

I stopped by the local GMC dealer and picked up the 2008 Sierra brochure. It really only has 2 pages on the All Terrain package (pg 36 & 37). Bigger picture of the same truck on the website plus an SLT interior shot showing the two-tone Ebony/Morocco interior...which is also posted on GMC.com now.

Here's what I built:

Base MSRP: $35,285.00

Color & Options: $6,265.00

Total MSRP: $41,550.00*

Model & Type:

Model: 2008 Sierra 1500

Selected Type: Extended Cab Standard Box 4WD

Style:

Selected Style: SLT 4SA

Colors:

Exterior: Fire Red

Interior: Light Titanium / Ebony Ultrasoft Leather-appointed

Seat Type: Seats, front bucket, includes 10-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters including 2-way power lumbar control, power bolsters, heated seat cushions and seatbacks, 2-position driver memory, adjustable outboard head restraints, floor console and storage pockets

Options & Packages:

- Air bags, head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions, with rollover sensor $ 395.00

- All-Terrain Package, includes (PDL) Z71 Off-Road Package, (Z82) Trailering Package, (B58) front and rear carpeted floor mats, (RGA) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) chromed aluminum wheels, (QXN) P265/65R18 on-/off-road blackwall tires, (DL3) outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding body-colored mirrors, Rancho brand shocks that are White with Red letters, body-colored side moldings with chrome accent, unique four bar horizontal grille insert with chrome surround, "ALL TERRAIN" badging on the front fenders, carpeted floor mats with embroidered "All Terrain" logo, unique sill plates, unique instrument cluster with Z71 logo and "mechanical brushed aluminum" accents for instrument panel, center console and switch trim plates. Available and requires either of (16U) Steel Gray Metallic, (41U) Onyx Black, (46U) Stealth Gray Metallic, (50U) Summit White, (59U) Silver Birch Metallic or (74U) Fire Red exterior colors $ 2,195.00

- Audio system, AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changer, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control and Radio Data System (RDS) $ 300.00

- Brake controller, integrated trailer $ 200.00

- Cargo management system, aluminum front and side C-channel rails, located in the pickup box, includes 4 adjustable tie-down hooks $ 95.00

- Convenience Package, includes (JF4) adjustable power pedals, (AP3) remote vehicle starter system and (UD7) Rear Parking Assist $ 540.00

- EZ-Lift Tailgate Package, includes (A60) locking tailgate and (PPA) EZ-Lift tailgate $ 95.00

- Max Trailering Pack, includes (L76) Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI engine, (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential, (Z85) Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, (AXN) 9.5" (24.1 cm) hybrid rear axle, (JD9) front and rear disc brakes and (Z82) heavy-duty trailering equipment $ 2,265.00

- Tires, P265/65R18 on-/off-road, White outlined-letter $ 180.00

GMTG, oh sorry bud. I did misunderstand you. No big deal. The only interior the full brochure shows the All Terrain having is the SLT trim with lux truck dashboard in ebony and a light gray. I think the omission of the work truck dash with the All Terrain is a shame. If they are going to offer two dashes in the truck, they should show each dash with every trim level.

One item caught my attention in the brochure around the All Terrain package features:

- Luxury instrument panel

Could be the SLE2, when equipped with the All Terrain package, gets the SLT's dash, much like the body colored mirror caps, door handles and heated washer fluid. Would just have cloth seats instead of the leather, no Bose, etc. Thoughts?

One item caught my attention in the brochure around the All Terrain package features:

Could be the SLE2, when equipped with the All Terrain package, gets the SLT's dash, much like the body colored mirror caps, door handles and heated washer fluid. Would just have cloth seats instead of the leather, no Bose, etc. Thoughts?

That would be an interesting set-up, although I really like the "Work Truck" dash a little better myself. Anyone who sees an All-Terrain model on the dealer's lot, I'd appreciate you taking a look to see if it's the SLE2 model and what the dash looks like for us. kanima, do you think you could swing back by your GMC dealership and check out to see if any are SLE2 models? Plus pictures of this model in Stealth Gray would be awesome! :AH-HA_wink:

If it is the SLT dash with the bench seat, then it would be like the Avalanche with the bench seat option. If you have an AV brochure, it shows one with a bench seat and the luxury dashboard.

The SLE2 doesn't appear to offer a bench seat option. SLE2 includes:

Seats: front, bucket, include six-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters, front passenger manual recline and lumbar adjuster, adjustable outboard head restraints and storage pockets

Went by today both the black one and the stealth grey were gone.. Damn they sold fast... Sorry GMTruckGuy74 :( He didn't have any sle2's at all all he ordered a few months back were slt's.

Though I did order mine from another dealership, couldn't beat 100.00 under invoice so hopefully it will be here before xmas... just not sure if i should have gotten the denalli with the awd same price bigger motor and tranny and better hwy gas mileage. But I do hunt so I am not sure just how a awd would work going through a wet plowed field ya know.

Has any of you guys tried a AWD in the mud not major just , rutted road, alabama stick to your tires clay.

Black, with black/with titium leather, 6.0l 3.73 nav rear dvd ppd package, easy lift gate, air bags hell just about everything you can get on one to be honest in a crew cab config.

Ordered Sat 13 , order took 16th , build date oct 29 so i figure 2 weeks from that i should be getting a deliver date.

(BigPontiac @ Oct 13 2007, 12:14 AM)

Well I can confirm once and for all that the SLE2 Sierra "All Terrain" model does feature the SLT's Luxury dash and not the regular WT/SL/SLE1 "Pure Pickup" dash. A GMC dealer about 30 mins south of me was indicating that they had (courtesy of GMBuyPower) a Stealth Gray SLE2 Crew Cab with the "All Terrain" package. I got a chance to see it at 7PM tonight (too dark for pictures), and it was definitely the SLE2 (cloth) and had the same dash as pictured on the website and hero card. I will say that the 18" rims and 4-bar chrome grille look much better in person! I will definitely keep this truck on my radar, although I'm still not ruling out a regular SLE2 Crew cab w/o this package.

Great info GMTG! I went to the dealer tonight to find my next truck, they had a black SLT "all terrain". I love the fact that the Lux dash doesnt have wood inserts.

Do you know if it's possible to order a regular SLT without the wood dash or with the pure truck dash? Im not too crazy about the lux dash and the lower location of the radio. . . I plan on transfering my nav system to the new truck and think it will be a pain in the ass to look down all the time.

Great info GMTG! I went to the dealer tonight to find my next truck, they had a black SLT "all terrain". I love the fact that the Lux dash doesnt have wood inserts.

Do you know if it's possible to order a regular SLT without the wood dash or with the pure truck dash? Im not too crazy about the lux dash and the lower location of the radio. . . I plan on transfering my nav system to the new truck and think it will be a pain in the ass to look down all the time.

Well, you can order an SLE2 (3SB) Extended or Crew Cab and upgrade the seat covering to leather, but you don't get the 10-way power seats (AN3), you stay with the SLE's 6-way buckets (A95). However, you retain the "pure pickup" dash instead of the SLT's (and SLE2 and SLT All-Terrain's) "luxury" dash. I'm sure other features that are SLT-trim specific aren't available either or must be optioned, but it depends on what exactly you want. As for the woodgrain trim in the SLT, I do not see anything in the ordering guide to indicate that you can substitute the wood out for the aluminum trim.

Check this out :

On OCT 13 i order a 08 all terrain with 6.0l 3.73 nav, rear dvd, easy lift, rainsence wipers hell everything except the large mirrors in a crew.

On Oct 16 the order was taken by GM.

On Oct the 24 the truck was built.

On Oct the 26 the truck was shipped.

On Nov 8 is the listed IT time for the dealership.

That's great news! I can't wait for you to get it. It looks like I will be waiting until my AURA lease ends (Nov '09) before I can get myself a Sierra, so reading about how you like the truck and your ownership experiences will help me pass the time. That is unless I get tempted earlier and get rid of my AURA (CarSense is building a dealership 1 mile from where I live and will be opening spring of '08 - maybe they'd buy me out of my lease?!?!).

Something seems a little odd on mine then. My order was accepted by GMC on October 17, however, I was told that my build date was not until November 26. I don't see why mine would be a whole month later than yours. Congrats on yours, looks like we ordered almost the same truck, although I went full Ebony on the interior.

Damn the truck is here today but I am not ready, got to everything out of my old truck. I'll pick it up Monday,

When I get I will post some pics.

But a little FYI the 6.0L in the All Terrain Does Not have the Max badges so it makes it a nice sleeper :)

Edited by kanima

Nice truck! Does ordering the 6.0 liter just get you the motor or did it add the rest of the MAX package as well (rear disc brakes, beefier rear axle, etc)?

The 6.0 flags the HD tranny, big rear end 4 way disc brakes, and the max trailering package oil cooler.

Its the max package just no badges not sure why, Hell when i went to get the truck that was the first thing i noticed and thought they had screwed up the window sticker said standard 5.3 but had the 6.0l on the options side of it that i didn't see, the sales manager had to show it to me.

Well, I'm at work and of course the pictures are blocked out, so I'll have to log on tonight at home and see what it looks like. But congrats anyway on taking delivery and here's wishing you many enjoyable miles with your truck. Keep us updated on your ownership experience (the good, the bad, and the neutral).

Well, I'm at work and of course the pictures are blocked out, so I'll have to log on tonight at home and see what it looks like. But congrats anyway on taking delivery and here's wishing you many enjoyable miles with your truck. Keep us updated on your ownership experience (the good, the bad, and the neutral).

LOL ok you asked, I am coming off a 06 crewcab. First things first, I felt and still feel like i am driving a tank, when i got it was like hell is this going to fit in the garage it just feels soooo big compared to the 06 crew but going by the blocks i use in the garage to stop short of hitting the wall the truck is the same size. You are stitting higher , there are some small not huge like the ford crewcabs blind spots on the front window where the interior arms comes down, just takes some getting used too coming from the 06.

Love the seats they beat the 06's hands down on comfort.

The ride is a lot smoother than the 06's still firm but smooth.

The doors are heavier noticed that from the 06's

ZERO wind noise ( thank god they fixed that) some road noise but nothing again like the 06's

AFM yuck i can feel it switching from 4 and 8 people say this will get better over 1000 miles.

Power the 6.0 will haul some kinda of ass but has a $h! load of torque management in it, a programmer will fix that.

Nav confusing, owners manual sucks just got to sit there and play with it and the steering wheel controls to see what does what in what mode.

Voice radio changes are SWEET i can tell it dvd, xm fm etc etc very nice.

Steering is tight and very responsive.

No wheel rollover in curves like on 06's it handles like an 06 on LT tires in curves.

Thats all i can think of right now.