BigPontiac

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I love this truck too, and I'll order one to arrive soon as the snow and salt is off our roads. Either in stealth grey or steel grey. But then that fire red looks incredible too!

I'm curious if anyone has seen the ebony/morroco leather interior. Seems to me that would be the better choice than the titanium 2 tone, easier to keep clean. A pic would be much appreciated ;)

Also in my brochure a "cat-back" dual exhaust is offered, but I thought i read somewhere that this would interfere with the mounting of the spare tire. Has any of you seen or experienced otherwise?

Factory installed Nav doesnt have the coverage and its a thousand more costly than aftermarket here, so Im wondering if any readers have had good results going aftermarket and still retaining the great looking dash/console.

Thanks to all of you for this thread, its made my decision that much easier!

Fred

Welcome to C&G Fred! You have definitely picked out one great truck. I won't be able to get my own Sierra, God willing, until my Saturn AURA lease ends in November of 2009, so I've got some time to be patient. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of yours when you eventually take delivery of it. To date, I have not seen any Sierras on dealer's lots around me with the Ebony & Morroco leather interior myself, but I'm sure that they exist somewhere. Keep us posted when you place the order.

This truck is a amazing! I went for a test druve in a SLE All Terrain and was surprised how well it rides!

Im back in the market for my next truck, im sold on the Sierra with my MAX but it's 10,000 Kms over and it's time to say goodbye. The 6.0 is draining my bank account and cant wait to get into a 5.3 with DOD. Im debateing if I should pay the extra for the 4X4 that i used maybe 10 times. . . but there's nothing like having 6 inches of snow and passing everyone on the road :rolleyes:

The All Terrain was in the lot today so on my way back with a test truck ( 4X2 SLE with few options and only the 4.8) I needed to take the All Terrain for a ride, wow what a differance in ride with the Rancho shocks. Coming from a former JEEP owner I know these shocks can take a beating and still feel solid. I was not to crazy about the "Lux Dash", I this it looks great with the wood inserts but it doesnt fit me for everyday use. . . Im planning on taking the truck out for a few hours to give my final decision. The gauges look sweet with the Z71 and carbon fiber backing, just need to see how the look at night.

Overall im 50/50 right now, option 2 would be the SLE with 5.3 flex, Safety Package and 20's.

F&K, Not sure if you have seen this pic yet, it's off of GMC's site:

Posted Image

MGZ, I don't know how much this helps but here is a night pic of my dash (Little blurry):

Posted Image

I can highly recommend the Sierra's. I got my All Terrain in last week & am loving it. I would have posted some pics earlier but it's pretty much the same truck as Kanima's. I just haven't gathered up the $$$ to put the extras on yet (tool box, step bars, bedliner, etc...). I did get the windows blacked out within an hour of leaving the lot. My wife said that Santa might bring me a few "Truck Toys" if I'm good, so I've been eating all my vegtables, washing behind my ears, stuff like that... :D

Here are a few shots. They were taken in the dark, so sorry about the quality:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SuperDarron

F&K, Not sure if you have seen this pic yet, it's off of GMC's site:

Posted Image

Sweeeet! Thanks so much, SuperDarron. No I didnt see this for some reason.

Interesting when I build this truck on the US site, I can include the Max Trailering package, whereas on the Canadian site, where I live, the All Terrain package blocks it out. Another oddity is if I upgrade to the 18" OWL tires, it requires the DVD/Nav system. I can't imagine what the two have to do with each other lol.

Funny that they dont make the sites the same. Probably to confuse us into justifying the 10K price difference.

Thanks again,

Fred

Sweeeet! Thanks so much, SuperDarron. No I didnt see this for some reason.

Interesting when I build this truck on the US site, I can include the Max Trailering package, whereas on the Canadian site, where I live, the All Terrain package blocks it out. Another oddity is if I upgrade to the 18" OWL tires, it requires the DVD/Nav system. I can't imagine what the two have to do with each other lol.

Funny that they dont make the sites the same. Probably to confuse us into justifying the 10K price difference.

Thanks again,

Fred

GMC's site has been acting a little funky lately. I've gone on there to build various trucks and you choose some options and it will delete others. I know you just can't get some options with other options, but when it comes to checking off something simple and then it elminates another option it makes me go hmmmm.

Interestingly, this Sierra X-Cab was assembled in Oshawa, ON. For some reason I thought only the Crew Cabs were being built there when production converted from GMT800 to GMT900 with the regular and extended cabs being built in Fort Wayne. Maybe that was just initial rollout.

Just a quick update. . . im about 90% sure that I will be a proud owner of the All Terrain at my deal. After the test drive, im sold on it now it's just a matter of getting the price right. . . or plan B is ordering one from the factory but im already 12000 kms over my lease. The salesman assured me that I wont be charged any fees for the over K's.

Well it's final, I pick it up tomorrow night. Thanks to all of you for the info in this thread! It's an SLE in Onyx Black, after all the cleaning I went the with the black Z24 I told my self I would nevere buy black again. . . but it looks so mean!

Hello all, well, I picked my Onyx Black/Ebony All Terrain SLT 6.0 up on Monday and all I can say is WOW! What a truck. This is my first GM truck, so, need to ask a question. In the owners manual, it says not to tow ANYTHING for 500 miles. I am at 115 right now and will likely be around 250 before I would need to tow something, but, I really need to tow something. It would be right at 3,000 total weight (UTV plus trailer). I can try to find a buddy and use his truck, but, I would really prefer using my new one and seeing how it performs. Those that have experience, how much of a risk would I be running? The conservative in me says to wait out the 500 miles, but, it also says not to exceed 55 mph and I did that already too.

Thanks in advance, and, I would post pictures, but, it is just like Kanimas, even got the Line X bedliner. Although, I did opt for the dual headrest dvd system rather than the flip down.

Edited by Nashvegas

My 08 Sierra All Terrain came in today, picked it up at 5, Onyx Black, Ebony Cloth, SLE2, Crew, Z71, Bose, 5.3 Flex, Wow what a difference over my 2007 GMC Classic Crew, Handles much better, ride is excellent, and almost no road noise, great improvement over the Classic. I will post pictures tomorrow as soon as I get the molded splash guards, 3" Tube Steps and Soft Bed Cover Installed.

Ah hell, I will :rolleyes:

3300 So far, and Love every mile.

Again black is a Bitch to keep clean :( but looks freaking awesome.

Only issues I have are a really rough idle , there is a TSB out on the 07 6.0l i just haven't taken it in to get it done.

I noticed this week I small corner of my side door molding is coming up, no biggy the tape they use under it didn't stick good easy fix.

I did get all the damn dealer prep swirls out of it, took 6 hours with a buffer but I got them all out really brought out the factory machine sprayed orange peel :(

I got diablo Predator this week WOW did it wake the truck up :) I can boil the tires now :)

I am still avg. about 16.3 mpg mixed and 18 hwy.

I did tow a 20 foot trailer in a xmas parade, mind it wasn't hvy at all but compared to my old 06 i couldn't even feel it back there at all. Had all kinds of people asking what kind of truck and how much.

The ride is still just a smooth and still no wind noise at all.

I love that truck - didn't even know about it until I saw it here. Nice to see pics of it in the extended-cab rather than the crew - seems like every Sierra I see is the crew; doesn't anyone buy two-door trucks anymore?

Not to say I'm not still impressed by all the Sierras I've seen in this thread - very good-looking truck regardless of body style.

Couple things to point out, though.

First of all, don't forget that Dodge continues to offer the Power Wagon package on 2500 models. I know, it's not a half-ton, but that's the off-road package they've really been pushing. Comes standard with a frame-mounted winch, too, which is impressive from the factory.

Second, that "All Terrain" badge with the mountains would look absolutely perfect if only if had the words "High Sierra" on it instead...just my thoughts.

I just hit 1000 kms and love this truck. Going from the 06 to the 08 is a huge improvement overall. The ride is much much better overall, the Rancho shocks make speed bumps and curbs feel like a walk in the park. The 5.3 engine is surprisingly responsive to get up to peak power, although the 6.0 in my 06 was the king of pick up power. . . the fuel economy is vastly improved compared to the 6.0. Im averaging 15.3L/100Kms (not too sure what the MPG is for that)

The interior is the biggest improvement IMO, I wasnt too crazy about the the "lux" dash when I first seen it due to it's lower then 06 controls. The 06 was nice to have everything within eyes view with the road. But I must say the "Lux" dash is growing on me, I had my Pioneer Nav reinstalled with the fist few days.

I have much more to say but too little time right now. . . more too come.

I noticed a section in the back of the brochure for my new truck that had this package. It's towards the back of the Sierra brochure. I had a question for someone that works at the factory. I noticed that the All Terrain package comes with a covered center console unit similar to the Denali's, just in the brushed metal finish instead of the wood on the Denali. Does anyone know if that is the same brushed metal finsih that flanks either side of the radio in the SLT trim. I have my new '08 SLT on order and am not crazy about the open catch all bin/cupholders that are between the seats. I'm assuming that is an insert that can be pulled out and I can order the same insert fromt he All Terrain package and come up with a nice clean look with the brushed metal doors covering everything for my SLT. Anyone that's seen them, let me know if you could. I think it will be one of those simple upgrades to clena up the truck that most people won't even be able to pick up on the you changed anything. Hope it works!

Kanima- Your truck is a gas motor correct? How do you like that Diablo Predator? I've been thinking about getting one for my new SLT that's coming in, but I have the 6.0L gas motor. I know the Tuners don't do as much for the gas motors, but still interested in getting one if it helps on fuel economy. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Grouperassasin

A little update on my all terrain, I took it on a trip over the holidays to northwestern Missouri drove about 1300 miles, averaged 17 mpg's for the whole trip about 300 miles was driven in 4wd due to 11 inches of snow and really crappy road conditions, I didnt think that was horrible for the 5.3 Flex Fuel thats not broke in yet. Power is great a little improvement over my 07 Classic. the ride is amazing in this truck it is like you are riding in a Cadillac, at 80 mph it just floats down the road, I love the way this truck handles over all my last gm trucks the steering seems much more responsive and tighter, again the interior of the truck just blows me away, it is so quiet, virtually no wind and road noise. All in all I love the truck, I just hope the mpg's get better, my 07 classic was getting 19-20 on the highway.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered mine a couple days ago. Crew cab, SLT, 6.0 engine, Stealth grey, ebony/morrocco interior. Cant wait, its going to be one beautiful truck. Thanks to all of you for the pics and info to help me get this figured out.

I've seen a couple people mention they got their All-Terrain as an SLE2? Is that true? I was sure it was an SLT only thing.

I'm still bummed that I can't get an SLT with the pickup style dash. As much as I love the all-terrain, I think I might go with an SLE2 Z71 with optioned leather, and then have aftermarket heated seats installed since you can't get those either on an SLE2 even though you can get leather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Never a complaint here, I am in the process of ordering a leveling kit to bring the front up 2" and I will post some before and after pics.

What is this leveling kit you speak of? I am very interested, I do think it would drastically improve the looks if the front was 2" Higher, Where can I order one from and how much do they cost.

Thanks

The kit is from Skyjacker, http://skyjacker.com/products/products_sea...tail/?id=187481, It's just a spacer that mounts on top of the strut tower and does not effect any of the OEM design. It gives the truck a REALLY nice look. It takes about 20 minutes to install and I found one at local shop for $139.00.

Quick question guys... I'm going to pick up a DiabloSport Predator tuner tomorrow & was curious how tough it is to program the thing. I've never messed with tuners before and really don't want to screw anything up on my truck. I know Kanima said a few posts back that it really pepped his truck up, maybe he would share a few pointers with me.

:CG_all:

Well, I got the predator on and I'm loving it. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to boost there truck a bit. By far my favorite thing is doing away with the 100 mph speed limiter. I bumped 120 last night before my nerves got the better of me & I slowed down. I guess because it's not low to the ground (like a car) I started to get that floating feeling... seems very uncontrolable. It still felt like I was climbing, my rpms were not even maxed yet. Anyone got an idea of what the 6.0's top speed might be?

With a 3.73 prolly pretty high the top end on a Vortec Max (LQ4) has to be pretty high they are a seriously stout motor. Maybe 135ish... But no more it is a truck after all and not a low to the ground 2WD you have an All Terrain hence the name.

Edited by gm4life

• 3 weeks later...
Picked mine up at the beginning of the week. Love it! Id post some pics of it but my uploads keep failing. Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong?

Fred

You need to go to a site like photobucket.com and upload your pictures there. Then you can just use the image link off of photobucket to get your pics on here. Hope that helps.

Also, I have been seeing a TON of All-Terrains driving around town. I saw 3 yesterday alone and usually see one at least once a week. They look better than I thought they would. The wheels looked awkward to me right away but they look nice in person. All the other extras look great as well.