Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2007 Top Selling automobiles in USA

Prius & CR-V suprise me....

Amazing that Silverado came in #2 and Sierra #11, that's a lot of trcks.

It really burns me that the best selling vehicle in the US is the F-150.... because you know the most "heavy duty" use that 75% of them see is when they run over the curb at the mall.

Agreed, but that goes for the Chevy truck and the Ram also.

Civic is up, Prius is way up, Accord is up, Camry is up...this could be a very, very good time for the Aura and Malibu.

Not to mention the Astra, as we discussed in another thread.

Chris

That is a lot of trucks. 2,071,939 just from the top 5 selling trucks in America. With the exception of the Tundra, they are mostly down from last year though.

1 - F-Series - 690,589 796,039 1 -13.2

2 - Silverado-C/K Pickup - 618,257 636,069 2 -2.8

3 - CAMRY - 473,108 448,445 3 +5.5

4 - Accord * - 392,231 354,441 5 +10.7

5 - COROLLA - 371,390 387,388 4 -4.1

6 - Ram P/U - 358,295 364,177 6 -1.6

7 - Civic * - 331,095 316,638 7 +4.6

8 - Impala - 311,128 289,868 8 +7.3

9 - Altima - 284,762 232,457 10 +22.5

10 - CR-V * - 219,160 170,028 20 +28.9

11 - Sierra - 208,243 210,736 12 -1.2

12 - Cobalt - 200,620 211,449 9 -5.1

13 - TUNDRA - 196,555 124,508 33 +57.9

14 - PRIUS - 181,221 106,971 na +69.4

15 - Caravan - 176,150 211,140 19 -16.6

16 - Focus - 173,213 177,006 16 -2.1

17 - Odyssey * - 173,046 177,919 16 -2.7

18 - RAV4 - 172,752 152,047 15 +13.6

19 - Econoline/Club Wagon - 168,722 180,457 11 -6.5

20 - Escape - 165,596 157,395 22 +5.2

The Odyssey almost beat the Caravan for best-selling minivan. It was actually ahead in Oct/Nov. And look Reg's favorite CR-V is #1 SUV in America. :pbjtime: How come all of the Honda's have a * next to them? And for that matter, why are the Toyota's in capslock?

Toyota fell 4k short of their 200,000 Tundra goal. Now we need to rub it in! :AH-HA_wink: I wonder if it didn't have any of the problem it did, if it would have surpassed that goal.

Edited by siegen

It needs to be said that the Silverado/Sierra twins still handily outsold the F-150 by nearly 136,000 units - that is quite a respectable margin.

It will be very interesting over the next couple years ($100 a barrel oil, anyone?) to see how this chart looks for 2009's Top Twenty. GM had better have a great replacement for the Equinox in the wings or we will be drowinging in a sea of beige and silver CRVs and Rav4s..... <_<

I still don't get why full-size truck sales are so high.... they can't all be commercial sales...and there aren't that many farmers, ranchers, etc. I'm just amazed how many people buy these beasts.

well, for one, pickups are SOLID vehicles. you can buy one and know its not going to be pounded into a little pile by the roadway in 5 years, unlike a typical UJS. It can take abuse and holds up well to roads, offroad, weather and salt.

you can haul things in them. I was able to haul some pavers in my aztek last year. But mano, that rear suspension was maxxed out (no pun). Trucks (real trucks, no ridgelines), you can buy stuff at homestores and carry it home. Cars and fake trucks can't.

Resale. Pickups have even better true resale than even the most beloved UJS's. Buy a pickup, pay for it for 5 years and you can still find someone who will be pleased to pay you private party 60%, 65% or more what it's worth. Why, because it still has useful life left in it.

Comfort, for some folks, trucks are the only vehicles that provide real width or headroom or footroom. Easier to get in and out of. So many cars like the new Malibu are downsized so that only slight people can get in and out of them and have adequate space. Also, many love the secure ride and hadling and all weather capability of trucks. I know driving through blizzards, there is not much better than Suburbans, Tahoes, etc.

Safety. Who's gonna win in a crash?

Cost. Scan the paper. Right now, big discounts. The greater question is why people spend 40-50k on luxury sedans when for much less they can buy pickups, with cheaper insurance, maintenance, etc. Also note because of strong resale, trucks lease cheap. And you often might buy it at lease end because its worth so much. Lux car buyers just dump and move on to the next pretentious car.

Basically trucks sell because of what they can do and the tremendous value they bring. Mpg is really the only downfall of trucks aside from high center of gravity.

Also, trucks are great home business deductions, for self employed, aside from the more than you think amount of folks who have trucks for commerical reasons.

my dad says farm commodity prices being near double of last year, everyone is his area is out buying new trucks. One thing about farmers, if the year is good, they all go out and buy trucks, whether the one they already have is just fine or not.

Let me put it to you this way. My hometown is like 200 people. But they have a chevy dealer, and they sell as many or more pickups than the nearest GM megastore 30 miles away because they sell so many trucks. they never have new cars on the lot, but always a buttload of trucks, and boy do they sell.

Edited by regfootball

That is a lot of trucks. 2,071,939 just from the top 5 selling trucks in America. With the exception of the Tundra, they are mostly down from last year though.

The Odyssey almost beat the Caravan for best-selling minivan. It was actually ahead in Oct/Nov. And look Reg's favorite CR-V is #1 SUV in America. :pbjtime: How come all of the Honda's have a * next to them? And for that matter, why are the Toyota's in capslock?

Toyota fell 4k short of their 200,000 Tundra goal. Now we need to rub it in! :AH-HA_wink: I wonder if it didn't have any of the problem it did, if it would have surpassed that goal.

CRV is not an SUV. Its a new age accord in drag. Chick car on stilts.

GM had better have a great replacement for the Equinox in the wings or we will be drowinging in a sea of beige and silver CRVs and Rav4s.....

sad but true.

Edited by regfootball

Not as much as the Impala, I bet..

Impala was always blamed for that and was the Fleet Queen two years in running. But the poster child Nissan is having more problems about selling their cars here than they want us to believe. Reed Nissan here around Orlando who claims to be the largest in the Southeast has already started offering $3,000 on the 2008 Altimas.