Ideal Cadillac Lineup

Z-06

I would base the SRX renamed ERX again on the CTS platform. It would obviously be Alpha based for the next version using the listed ATS or CTS power train options. The Escalade renamed URX would be ether again based on the future Truck platform or a crossover version of the listed STS platform. It would use the DI turbo 5.0L V8 tuned for high levels of torque.

Basing the ERX (nee SRX) on the XTS platform will bring back only lost sales :hissyfit:. I know it was unique, but the first-generation SRX did not sell :cussing:. The current one sells very well because that is what the market wants. As for your URX, I would leave it on GM's next truck platform since that is the most profitable.

It was not the RWD that kept the first SRX from selling it was the strange styling. The RWD was superior dynamically and made for a far better crossover then todays nose heavy "should have been a Buick" mess. With a great styling upgrade inside and out using the latest CTS power they would have had a superior product to what they have today!

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

However, gm has always made plans for a lambda Cadillac that is a cross between the escalade and the SRX.

Just because they made plans does not mean they will execute them: e.g. Chi, Ultra V8 etc. I could make the case that the SRX ought to be a Buick, but that is what the Encore is for since there is a massive hole in Buick's lineup. No such hole for Cadillac. Cadillac's hole is a RWD large sedan (i.e. a flagship). Escalade will not sell outside of North America, and since international sales do matter for GM, an XJ/7/S-class fighter is mandatory.

Cadillac needs to worry more about the ATS and next CTS. For now the SUV's are fine and making money. They can address them once they get the cars in order.

The SRX today like it or not is what the public wants. The RWD as good as it may have been was not what they wanted. Sales proved it. I have driven them and there is nothing wrong with either. It just proves GM needs to give the public what they want. GM has for year really misjudged the market on many models and today they seem to be doing better with changes Lutz brought to their way of thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Step one: Bring back names, no more _TS or _RX

Step two: Bring back multiple body styles, coupes and convertibles are luxuries for most families and thus should be in the luxury brand

Step three: stop trying to follow the germans feature for feature, attribute by attribute, but beat the attributes that matter (weight/power/fuel economy/handleing)