Anddd the latest money pit....

Until I got my paws on it...

:fryingpan:

It'a got new super stock springs, dual exhaust out the rear, 4.01 sure grip, adjustable pinion snubber, driveshaft safety loop. front end is redone, disc brake conversion, upgraded fuel system from the pickup through the reg, 2400 stall, rebuilt 727 auto, rad support opened up for a big rad..... now I'm about to toss in another gas saving environmentally friendly mill....

Geez man, what do you do for work man?

Nothing for the last 5 weeks! I broke my foot! Wish I didn't, I would be driving it already if I didn't!!

The Jensen was under $12,000 in total, and this car isn't expensive at all. Much less investment than you would think!

I'm a pauper, I swear!!!

That is a clean machine! The bench is throwing me- wonder if that's a '67 availability... or did '66s also offer a bench?

Does the rear seat still fold down? Guy I met has a sweet '66, but it's buckets/full length console.

You did the FIRST THING the Charger needed- you fixed that 'ballerina' stance! :metal:

NICE ride

That is a clean machine! The bench is throwing me- wonder if that's a '67 availability... or did '66s also offer a bench?

Does the rear seat still fold down? Guy I met has a sweet '66, but it's buckets/full length console.

You did the FIRST THING the Charger needed- you fixed that 'ballerina' stance! :metal:

NICE ride

Thanks guys!

I am NO expert on the first generation Chargers, that's for sure! This is actually a BUCKET seat car with a weird flip down center piece, I think it's called a "buddy seat" or something. Looks like a bench but it isn't!!?!

I have since heard the headrests are really rare. LOL

The rear seat folds down, the rear trunk separation folds also, and the center console in the rear folds down. One big flat space for some reason or other.... !

The whole interior is actually pretty good. Good enough for a driver for sure, it's no show car though!

BTW- my wife didn't think I was funny when she saw the rear tires.... 12.50 ET Streets. LOL

She knows what's coming.... ;)

She saw the engine last night... didn't say much! hahaha

I have to get this together and running, then my garage and Coupe are next!

(I'm a slowpoke!)

Is that red clothesline holding the tranny up? Braver man than I. LOL.

THICK electrical wire! It ain't goin NOWHERE! LOL

We used to street race all the the time, about 30 years ago we were racing 25 miles from our place, the front of the cam disintegrated while we were racing.

We stole a garden hose from a nearby house. (Is the statute of limitations up? Maybe I shouldn't say that!) We started towing the car home. The hose broke. We shortened it and towed some more. Hose broke again!

We started out with 25 feet between the cars, ended up with a TWO FOOT chunk of hose.

We were towing 30-40 miles per hour!!

Never been known for doing things the safe way....

;)

• 2 weeks later...

A friend and I did a dual carb swap into a 64 Sport fury that was also red back when I was a teenager.

66 was a heck of a year for cars...this is one awesome machine!