2011 Hess Toy Truck and Race Car

http://www.hesstoytruck.com/

post-418-0-20320600-1319731607.jpg

On Sale Friday, November 11, 2011; $26.99 + tax (Energizer batteries included)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Is anyone else a collector of these holiday trucks? I used to get them for my birthday or Christmas every year as a child, and they were well-played with toys! I lost interest for a brief period in the mid-'80s but started up my collection again in '89 (kept new in box, batteries used elsewhere). Started buying one for my step-son in '96 in addition to the one for my collection, and continued that trend with my son starting in 2005 (step-son last asked for one in '03 or '04). Looking forward to adding this year's to the collection, and playing with my son's on Christmas day :)

Neat..I've never lived where there were Hess stations...but I've seen at toy shows a very cool Hess GMC motorhome from the '70s.

1980 Hess Training Van: A toy replica of the actual training vehicles that would visit local Hess stations and help to train employees to serve us better. This is one of the most sought after of the Hess toys, seeking $500 when new in box.

Originally Available: 1980

TOY:

post-418-0-73089900-1319746508.jpg

REAL GMC MOTORHOME:

post-418-0-58650900-1319746530.jpg

I'll offer to pickup a Hess Toy Truck and Race Car for anyone here at C&G that wants one, at no extra cost beyond the price of the item ($26.99), NJ 7% sales tax ($1.89), and the actual cost of shipping (TBD, based on weight & zip code). Let me know if you're interested :)

I wouldn't say super-valuable, as Hess toys I see at toy shows and car shows usually sell in the $20-$30 range, unless you are dealing with a Hess collector that is trying to raise college fund money :lol: But there are a lot of guys that grew up getting a Hess toy for Christmas that they no longer have with them but the memories are there. It's what keeps selling them year after year (tradition). My local Hess station, one of the last left in a 10-15 mile radius, will sell out of their inventory by the first week of December, then get another shipment from stores not selling very well to last another week or so. I make it a point to go on the first day of the sale to get the three I need (one for my collection, one for the little guy for Christmas, and one for my aunt to give to her grandson <2nd cousin>). Since I worked not far from that location, and got done at 2:45 PM, I could wait until then to get it. Now that I work 30+ miles away, I may have to go in the morning before work and get them (and likely wait in line with the other collectors that have to buy them that morning) :)

I can agree with your statement, SAmadei. I know many a collector that waits until January to buy their trucks via the second-tier retailers for a lot less than Hess retail. But I gladly pay a little more to ensure I get one in my collection while I can - I've personally seen the prices of the latest model stay about $10-$20 higher at car and toy shows the first year, and if it was a hit toy, then prices tend to stay high for the second year after release too.

I believe Hess toy trucks are still popular because of tradition. Most boys I grew up with in the late '70s and into the mid-'80s received one as a Christmas gift, and now with children of their own continue to purchase these toys. If demand waned for these, and Hess lost money on each truck produced, I would imagine a quick end would come to this product. But just as the holiday truck has it's following in November/December, the mini Hess toy that comes out near Memorial Day (May) has its own equal following. I do not fear Hess toy trucks will go away anytime soon.

Now I remember in the '90s when a majority of other gasoline companies tried to jump on the band wagon with their own plastic collectible (BP, Sunoco, Texaco, Exxon, Mobil) - no where near as in demand as the Hess trucks.

On November 19th I will be attending a local toy & train show where this one Hess collector/seller sells his wares. I'll peruse his merchandise and get a feel for what his take is on current values and how demand is for Hess product of years past.

• 3 months later...

GMTruckGuy74 cc: the rest of the subscribers aswell

I have been looking for one of the real Hess GMC Motorhome for a long time where was this picture taken, and does anyone know

if it still exsists, I am paying a "Healthy Finders Fee" for anyone that know where there's any at, There was four to six built for their

training van's for employee's at there service station, in the late 70's - early 80's by GM Coach Division. I'll spare no expense !!!!!

post-418-0-73089900-1319746508.jpg

post-418-0-58650900-1319746530.jpg

My cell phone number is @ 1-403-510-7585

My home office phone number is @ 1-587-351-9667 or email me a good time to phone, and best time of the day.

regards

J. R. (James) Clifford / President / C.E.O.

INTERGRATED ENERGY CORP.

INTERGRATED ETHANOL CORP.

Raw Energy Resources Corp.

Barons Energy Corp.

Raw Energy Consultants Ltd.

(Divisions of RAW ENERGY RESOURCES GROUP LLC)

P.O. Box 30068, Chinook RPO

Calgary, Alberta T2H 2V8 CANADA

Ph: (403) 265-6690 Fax: (403) 265-6609

Email: [email protected]

[email protected]