Chevrolet News:*UPDATE* Spying: Chevrolet Sliverado/GMC Sierra On The Road Again

William Maley

Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

April 24, 2012

Some new spy shots of the next generation Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups have hit the internets today and we can gleam some new information about them.

The Silverado/Sierra appears to be going towards a more upright and boxy look than the previous model. The front end looks to be more evolutionary than revolutionary, continuing with the large, square headlights and wide grille. Also, it appears the Silverado will continue on with the center bar running across the grille.

As for powertrains, the next generation Silverado and Sierra are expected to be the first vehicles to be equipped with GM's new Gen V small block V8. The Gen V small block V8 will come with new tech like aluminum construction, direct-injection and cylinder deactivation. A V6 and a hybrid powertrain are also in the cards.

Source: Left Lane News

UPDATE: Following up on the new spy shots of the Siverado/Sierra 1500, a spy photographer caught the first images of the Silverado 2500.

Known internally as the K2XCZ, the next generation Silverado/Sierra HD, will share most of its styling with its light-duty brother with some differences. The Silverado/Sierra HD will have more substantial frame, higher ride height, and a larger exhaust.

Powertrains will include updated versions of the 6.0L and 6.2L gas engines. A 6.6L Duramax diesel will also be available.

Source: Left Lane News

View full article

H'mmm looks like they are going away from the family body language, I hate the smaller 2nd door and hope this is not what they are planing to do for crew cabs. Ok if they are keeping pricing the same or close enough so that this would be the king cab version. I think some people still like the king cab version but not sure it is feisible. I hate the rims, they remind me of the Dakota/Durango rims of 2004. Hard to clean and get a finger let aloe a spong in there to clean the break dust off.

Cool pictures, Chris! No frontend shots of a GMC, or were they all Chevies being driven? It's cool that the trucks will carry on the chrome/split bar, and I'm liking the honeycomb grille that ties in to the upcoming Cruze and Impala releases. Can't wait to see these without camo, especially the GMC Sierra.

• 2 weeks later...

Some important details worth mentioning, triple sealed doors with frame (1st for chevy trucks), available "max" crew cab configuration, and a return to the last best selling Chevy style of the 70s. Guaranteed this is an evolution of the mid-70s squared stlye. In fact I have a bet that there is chrome egg crate headed our way.

GMC & Chevy SUV production is in early Q4, according to this information I found elsewhere (and if it's still current); however, Cadillac Escalade is not until early Q1 in 2014:

2014 GM Full-Size Pickup and SUV Production Start Dates

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab (K2CC) – April 29, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab (K2CG) – April 29, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab (K2EC) – July 15, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Extended Cab (K2EG) – July 15, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab (K2RC) – August 5, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Regular Cab (K2RG) – August 5, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Tahoe (K2UC) – October 21, 2013

2014 GMC Yukon (K2UG) – October 21, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Suburban (K2YC) – October 21, 2013

2014 GMC Yukon XL (K2YG) – October 21, 2013

2014 Cadillac Escalade (K2XL) – January 27, 2014 (body styles not defined)

GMC & Chevy SUV production is in early Q4, according to this information I found elsewhere (and if it's still current); however, Cadillac Escalade is not until early Q1 in 2014:

2014 GM Full-Size Pickup and SUV Production Start Dates

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab (K2CC) – April 29, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab (K2CG) – April 29, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab (K2EC) – July 15, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Extended Cab (K2EG) – July 15, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab (K2RC) – August 5, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Regular Cab (K2RG) – August 5, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Tahoe (K2UC) – October 21, 2013

2014 GMC Yukon (K2UG) – October 21, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Suburban (K2YC) – October 21, 2013

2014 GMC Yukon XL (K2YG) – October 21, 2013

2014 Cadillac Escalade (K2XL) – January 27, 2014 (body styles not defined)

Last one to be shown then. Interesting!