I want a Camaro in Supersonic Blue Metallic

Not sure the actually reason for my post, guess it was more to vent than to ask a question. I love the Supersonic Blue Metallic paint on the Corvette, but really wish they would offer it on the Camaro. Any insights if there are color changes for the upcoming 2013 Camaro?

Anyone know if it would be possible to "special order" a new Camaro build with a factory color from another vehicle? I'd be willing to pay a bit extra. Prefer it from the factory as opposed to having it resprayed in a body shop down the road so they get all the jambs and engine bay correctly.

Not sure the actually reason for my post, guess it was more to vent than to ask a question. I love the Supersonic Blue Metallic paint on the Corvette, but really wish they would offer it on the Camaro. Any insights if there are color changes for the upcoming 2013 Camaro?

Anyone know if it would be possible to "special order" a new Camaro build with a factory color from another vehicle? I'd be willing to pay a bit extra. Prefer it from the factory as opposed to having it resprayed in a body shop down the road so they get all the jambs and engine bay correctly.

Anything is possible if you know the right people. I have seen many paint and other changes done if you know the right people.

Now if you do not know the right people it can be a major deal to even get someone to talk to you and then tell you no.

Might hook up with a couple dealers that do special editions like Tom Henry Chevy in PA and see what they say. They friends of the F bodfather former head of the F body platform and still active with the Camaro planning. who is from that areas and they should be able to tell you what could be done.

I hate to say it but unless you have friends inside GM I would plan on finding a really good body shop as it can be painted well by a good shop. Now you will have to expect to pay for what you get in paint. It would not be cheap for a good quality paint and get on the jambs and under the trunk lid.

You may also want to see if there is a better color to order that could be painted and help in the odd areas. A black often makes a good base and helps hide any missed spots.

I'm not providing any help, but I just have to +1 the supersonic blue. I remember Cadillac had a V-Series display at Laguna Seca ALMS last year, and they had all three variants in supersonic blue with the black wheels/grill/trim. It looked amazing (even with the yellow calipers). I don't know if they ever brought it as an actual color option, but they should really spread it around more. It really does look great.

Good luck!

The 2013 Camaro has a new blue, GXH Blue Ray Metallic. It's the same paint code as Night Race Blue for the 2013 Corvette and Sapphire Blue Metallic for the XTS. It's a darker blue.

041712_7b.jpg

Like the darker blue!

I like that Blue Ray. There is/was a new Camaro color I've only seen once--kind of a teal (more blue than green) that I really liked...saw one in that color in a well-lit parking lot at night last winter...Edit: I think the color I'm thinking of is 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I see Blue Ray is available on the 2013 Suburban as well, it will be an extra-cost color. Also, a new color called "Concord Metallic". Purple's back in style? Who knew.

And Blue Topaz (color of my Cruze) and Deep Ruby are coming to the Silverado. As many two-tone Fords and Dodges I see, I wonder why GM doesn't offer some two-tone painted pickups.

I see nothing about a 2013 Colorado/Canyon in the Order Guide... yet.