Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Other stuff I've been eyeballing

So far this has been a fruitless and frustrating search.

I may try to crutch the ROPOS through one more year.

I wrote to the seller and asked for pictures of this one. http://newhaven.crai...3208753006.html

I e-mailed too.

Haven't heard anything back from this guy. I hate it when people advertise, then don't respond!

If you get to the point of wanting to investigate the black 3500, let me know.

I wrote to the seller and asked for pictures of this one. http://newhaven.crai...3208753006.html

I e-mailed too.

Haven't heard anything back from this guy. I hate it when people advertise, then don't respond!

Is it close enough to you? I don't want to impose.

Right now, I'm thinking about sending that seller an e-mail.

I e-mailed too.

Is it close enough to you? I don't want to impose.

Right now, I'm thinking about sending that seller an e-mail.

It's like 20-30min away. No problem to go check it out...specific list of trouble spots to check would be helpful though.

$9K makes it more of a budget buster as you've still got to hang a plow on it (unless the ROPOS's transfers).

I e-mailed the seller. And yes, 9k is too much but it comes with a plow.

Any rot is the trouble to look for. The cab corners, rockers, and above every wheelwell are the most common trouble spots. Also, Brake, fuel, and transmission lines under the truck are prone to rot and are a real PITA to repair. I would expect this truck to have none of those problems.

Thanks in advance for volunteering to check it out for me.

We'll see how the seller responds to my rather frank e-mail.

This is about as good as it gets right now. Not a real 2500 (in my opinion), too expensive, but the best that is even

remotely within reason at the moment. I don't particularly like it.

http://cnj.craigslis...3118271570.html

What's not "real 2500" about it?

Essentially, it is what used to be called a "heavy half", it is a 1500 with heftier springs and such. The truck only sports 6-lug wheels and light-duty axles, and has a lower GVW than a "true' 2500. The option code for the real deal is C6P , and this isn't one. IIRC, the GVW on these is 7,200#, where a C6P is 8.600#.

C6Ps are easy to spot. They will never have aluminum wheels, and will always have fender flares on these 400s. They also will always have 8-lug wheels and sit higher.

Also, the difference between a 2500 C6P and an SRW 3500 is razor thin as I recall, with very little difference in the specs. So I am quite open to a K3500 with SRW, but no duallies!

I could tolerate an extended cab shortbed, but really would prefer a standard cab longbed. Anything longer is just too long.

• Agree 1

No plow, but a fat block dually with a five speed is one heck of a truck

clicky

5Ga5Ff5M23Kf3Fb3N4c8l8355fa63a9251616.jpg

it's not far from me at all. I'd gladly do recon for ya.

My buddy is selling his '02 Chevy DuraMax dually, he just had a replacement fender painted/hung.

I would never buy a dually, but some folk need/ love 'em.

I'm sure it is out of my price range, and I'm not really interested in a dually. They are just too wide, and require a wide plow, both are a disadvantage with this driveway.

Yep, that's the stock ride height for a base 2500 with the 6.0. A friend of mine has one just like that in white. The springs in it are quite impressive. We once loaded the bed up with firewood and there was hardly any sag.