Chevy needs N2A Motors Mojo!!!

David

GM has had a string of hits lately that demand respect, they also have had a few that are less then thrilling. Some times even a big company needs to step up and realize that bringing in an outside designer will not hurt.

www.n2amotors.com

This company has used the 1957, 58 & 59 chevy to build their 789, they have used the 63, 65 & 67 corvette to build the new Stinger. These are cars that Chevy could so use in bringing in individualism to drivers who want an amazing car with style.

Enjoy the web site at the cars are beautiful.

Nothing personal but RU NUTS?

Even real car guys mock these things and wonder why would you do this to a Vette. Even one from a year they did not like.

There is no designing skill here as they just copies and grafted an old style to a new car.

GM needs someone who can fit a design on a smaller car inside the aero box they are stuck in and make it original. That is the mountain that needs to be climbed. That is why so many cars today are so similar. It is not easy and many companies just take the easy ways out and copy. Few will risk a major flop that could cost a company billions.

Sad but few leaders are willing to take the chances that someone like a Lutz would take. He gets it and was not affraid.

Nothing personal but RU NUTS?

Even real car guys mock these things and wonder why would you do this to a Vette. Even one from a year they did not like.

There is no designing skill here as they just copies and grafted an old style to a new car.

GM needs someone who can fit a design on a smaller car inside the aero box they are stuck in and make it original. That is the mountain that needs to be climbed. That is why so many cars today are so similar. It is not easy and many companies just take the easy ways out and copy. Few will risk a major flop that could cost a company billions.

Sad but few leaders are willing to take the chances that someone like a Lutz would take. He gets it and was not affraid.

LOL, No I am not nuts, but I do see inspiration here that is the point I am trying to get across.

Where is the inspiration in todays Jelly Bean derived cars and trucks? Prius is anything but inspiring, most CUV's are now just as bland.

I agree that Lutz did push the envelope, but even he was past his prime and we need people who are willing to look to the past and the future and graft and bring together new design elements.

Nothing wrong with bringing together bits from the past in a modern day version.

I know that some here would agree with me that we have lost the passion in the design of cars with so many focused only on how minimal they can make the drag.

I do NOT want a redo of an old model, but why not take design elements that people seem to like just as Ford did with the fast back mustang and build a modern day right that can stand on it's own.

We need the passion back and I see it in this company even if it is a grafting of multiple model year cars.

I agree that many MFG could and should do better but I do not agree with going all out retro on too many things. It is a box that is hard to get out of once you are in it.

Right now the Camaro is doing well but the 6th gen is going to be a challange as it will be a global car and the retro only means so much to even those in the American Market. The trick is to come up with a modern car that can be identified as a Camaro that will be accepted buy a global market. The global market is less forgiving on size and visibility out of the car inless it is a Enzo etc.

I just think companies have gotten lazy with retro and the egg styling. Cars like the HHR, new Impala etc.

One thing to note too is full on retro is not fully embraced. As an owner of an HHR I know it has sold well but I would be 1/3 of the market hates the styling. Even the Camaro has a larger than normal segment that hates it.

One car that is in major trouble is the coming Mustang as if they hold the the show car look I expect they will pay a price as it has done the retro thing so long it will piss off the present buyers and they are a large segment.

I guess it just proves you can't please everyone.