Drooling Diesel Fuel.....

Amazing to see it in such fine shape. Nice car for what it was.

Cracks me up to see a CB in this car. Does anyone know if it was an actual GM option or aftermarket?

Those were a factory option.  It was a factory FM/AM/CB radio.  All of the E-bodies and K-bodies had them as options I know for sure.  I'm fairly certain it was available in nearly all of the B-Bodies and RWD A/G Bodies as well. 

I think the J-bodies, X-Bodies, and whatever Chevette/J1000 was didn't get them.  I'm pretty sure the FWD A-bodies did.

I know that as late as 1985 the CB was still being offered on the E/K bodies.  I've never seen it on them after the 1986 change over.

I've seen a number with factory CB. It's apparently an easy thing to swap out (I don't know what you do for the antenna) and they show up on Ebay with enough frequency that there had to be at least some take rate on them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

oh my...I do have the biggest soft spot for these old classic americans. And a diesel no less. Genuinely cannot believe that this beauty didn't sell on the first auction. At 61,000 and in this good of shape? I'd drop ten on it without batting an eyelash if I had the expendable income. They don't build em like they used to. Guess I'll go for a spin in my souped up 85 Caprice to take the edge off not having this kind of money.