Honda News: Uncovered! 2016 Honda Civic

William Maley

Someone at Honda is going to be yelled at. An eagle-eyed member of the CivicX forum caught the next-generation Civic parked outside of a building in Ann Arbor, MI.

Compared to the Civic Coupe concept shown at New York, the production sedan retains a number of details such as the fastback shape and bold front end treatment. We have to admit that the Civic is quite the looker.

We'll have more information and pictures when Honda officially introduces the next-generation Civic on Wednesday.

Source: CivicX.com
Image Credit: Mark at CivicX.com

View full article

I remember a Honda Civic when it was  sooooo small, it would have probably fit between the front and back wheels of this 2016 version.

ad194_img4_large.jpg

Also, the side profile reminds me of the side profile of a Nissan Maxima

2015-Nissan-Maxima-Side-1.jpg

And my final thoughts...

I never really liked a Honda Civic...ever.

Well, that's the concept Maxima, not the production model.

Yeah...its the Nismo I think.

I couldnt find a decent side profile pic of a regular trimmed production Maxima.

And I was desperate to show some sort of proof as to why I think the way I do...so...Voila! Nismo concept it is.

Looks ugly, and of course it has "4-door coupe" styling, which every car does not, it is so overdone.   It does look really big, I don't get why these cars keep growing.  Like Ford has made the Focus and Fusion grow to make room for the Fiesta, not the Taurus might be phased out.    So here the Civic is like becoming their new mid-size, if the Accord gets any bigger it will be a full size car, then they'll need a Fit sedan to fill in for where he Civic was 10 years ago. 

FAIL and they say software is bloated, the auto companies are on the 70's-80's attitude of growing every auto, we now have 

AUTO BLOAT!!! :metal:

The Civic needs a diet in the worst way possible along with getting ride of the Metal Mouth front end.

• Disagree 1

FAIL and they say software is bloated, the auto companies are on the 70's-80's attitude of growing every auto, we now have 

AUTO BLOAT!!! :metal:

The Civic needs a diet in the worst way possible along with getting ride of the Metal Mouth front end.

Oh CRAP!!!

I downvoted this post by accident...

I did not want to....and I thought it didnt register, but it did...SORRY!!!

Could you please reverse it Drew?

No Problem Olds :)

I have always wondered why companies feel the need to grow an auto from one class to another besides the jones jones race of others added a few inches so we must also. Yet then they end up having to introduce a new auto when the existing one no longer fits in that segment and they need one to fit.

We saw how in the 70's and 80's they grew and bloated auto's and ended up having to kill off the car. 

So the new accord grows to become from mid to full size, the civic grows and goes from compact to mid size and the fit goes from subcompact to compact. So what will the new "FIT" subcompact car be?

No Problem Olds :)

I have always wondered why companies feel the need to grow an auto from one class to another besides the jones jones race of others added a few inches so we must also. Yet then they end up having to introduce a new auto when the existing one no longer fits in that segment and they need one to fit.

We saw how in the 70's and 80's they grew and bloated auto's and ended up having to kill off the car. 

So the new accord grows to become from mid to full size, the civic grows and goes from compact to mid size and the fit goes from subcompact to compact. So what will the new "FIT" subcompact car be?

Yeah...I was just clicking randomly on the mouse, for fun I guess  :stupid: ..when the pointer drifted on the voting box thingy...

I was trying to find an explanation why manufacturers grow their cars bigger and bigger...and came up with a theory, then I realized all that I was saying was just...jibber jabber :XD:

I have no clue as to why they do...

CCAP's explanation IS the best..."its just how it goes"

I prefer to use the cliché that I ALWAYS use outside of the internets...It is what it is!

(high lighted in blue and silver..just to kick off the 2015 NFL Football Season!)

ab658d03b9d2b8195ecd67ced83b4cfc.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442

one reason models grow one class or whatever, their original demographic gets older and the class of car grows with it.......

That would tend to go against marketing then of having customers move up as they grow up themselves from a basic compact to mid size to full size and pay more for more luxury. So I cannot go with the car grows up with the customer.