GM, Chevrolet Lead with the Industry’s Largest Retail Market Share Increases of 2015

• GM full-year retail sales up 8 percent; retail share up 0.4 percentage points
  • Chevrolet grew retail market share faster than any other full-line brand in the industry in 2015
  • GM Commercial deliveries up for 26th consecutive month

DETROIT – General Motors’ (NYSE: GM) Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac brands delivered 290,230 vehicles in December 2015, driven by an 8 percent year-over-year increase in retail deliveries and the company’s 26th consecutive month of Commercial sales growth. Total sales were up 6 percent.

For the year, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac dealers delivered 3.1 million vehicles, driven by an 8 percent increase in retail deliveries compared to 2014. Total sales were up 5 percent.

“The momentum that the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra have carried all year, hits like the Chevrolet Trax and Colorado, and innovative designs like the GMC Canyon and Buick Encore, have had a tremendous positive impact on our sales results,” said Kurt McNeil, GM’s U.S. vice president of Sales Operations. “In a record year for the industry, GM gained significant retail market share and we grew our Commercial business by 12 percent.”

GM’s retail deliveries have grown every month since March 2015, driven by strong crossover and truck sales. Retail market share for 2015 is estimated to be up 0.4 percentage points, the largest increase of any automaker, according to J.D. Power PIN estimates.

Chevrolet, GM’s largest brand, has increased its retail sales every month since March, and the brand’s 2015 retail market share is up 0.4 percentage points compared to 2014, according to PIN – the largest increase of any full-line brand.

"Chevrolet is the hottest retail franchise in the strongest market we have seen in this country,” said McNeil.

The GMC brand gained 0.2 percent points of retail market share.

Combined, Chevrolet and GMC sold 1.2 million trucks in 2015, up 14 percent compared to 2014. This includes 939,198 pickups. GM’s retail share of the full-size pickup segment improved by more than one percentage point to 39.2 percent, according to PIN. GM’s retail share of the mid-size pickup segment is now 32.5 percent, up from less than 5 percent in 2014, the launch year for the all-new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon.

In the crossover market, the Chevrolet Equinox has increased its sales for seven consecutive years. Five other crossovers, the Chevrolet Traverse, the Buick Encore, the GMC Acadia and Terrain, and the Cadillac SRX had their best-ever annual sales.

“The U.S. economy continues to expand and the most important factors that drive demand for new vehicles are in place, so we expect to see a second consecutive year of record industry sales in 2016,” said Mustafa Mohatarem, GM’s chief economist. “The single most important pieces are the ongoing gains in employment and the growth in personal income. When you add in lower energy prices, it’s easy to see why consumer spending is strong.”

December Sales Highlights vs. 2014 (except as noted)

Chevrolet

• Chevrolet had its best December sales since 2006 and its highest retail sales since 2005.
  • Crossover deliveries were up 20 percent – the 13th consecutive monthly year- over-year increase.
  • Truck deliveries, which include pickups, vans and SUVs, were up 10 percent. Silverado had its best December since 2005.
  • Retail deliveries of the Suburban were up 24 percent and the Tahoe was up 25 percent.
  • Volt retail deliveries, which are nearly all 2016 models, were up 41 percent and the retail days’ supply is only 10 days.
  • The Sonic was up 34 percent in total and Cruze retail deliveries were up 20 percent for a December retail sales record.

GMC

• Truck deliveries were up 23 percent. The Sierra was up 17 percent, the Yukon was up 12 percent and the Yukon XL was up 39 percent.

Buick

• Buick had its best retail sales for any December since 2005.
  • Regal total sales increased 42 percent and Encore total deliveries increased 110 percent.

Cadillac

• Cadillac had its best December sales since 2007.
  • ATS and XTS deliveries were up 40 percent and 35 percent, respectively.
  • SRX deliveries were up 44 percent and the Escalade was up 25 percent.

Full-year Sales Highlights vs. 2014 (except as noted)

Chevrolet

• Chevrolet had its best sales year since 2007.
  • Silverado and Colorado deliveries totaled 684,974 units, up 27 percent.
  • Crossover deliveries were a record 470,902 units, up 23 percent.
  • Malibu sales increased 3 percent, and the new model is building momentum as dealers build their stock.  

GMC

• GMC had its best year since 2005 and has grown its total and retail sales for six consecutive years.
  • Sierra and Canyon sales totaled 254,216 units, up 18 percent.
  • Acadia and Terrain sales were a record 208,423 units, up 10 percent.
  • Yukon and Yukon XL sales were up 3 percent and 5 percent, respectively.
  • Denali penetration was 23 percent – the highest ever – and the Sierra, Canyon, Yukon and Yukon XL had the highest average transaction prices in their respective segments.

Buick

• Encore sales were up 38 percent to a record 67,549 units.

Cadillac

• Cadillac sales were driven by a 28 percent increase in SRX deliveries and an 18 percent increase in Escalade deliveries.

Average Transaction Prices (J.D. Power PIN)

• GM’s average transaction prices (ATPs) were a record $37,000 in December, up $1,150 year over year. Full-year ATPs were a record $34,500, up $630 year over year.
  • In December, GM’s incentive spending was 10.7 percent of ATP, down 0.1 percentage point year over year. Industry average spending was 10.7 percent of ATP, up 0.4 percentage points.
  • GM’s full-year incentive spending was 11.2 percent of ATP, up 0.3 percentage points. Industry average spending was 10.5 percent, up 0.5 percentage points.

Fleet and Commercial

• During December, deliveries to Commercial customers were up 2 percent and government deliveries were up 8 percent. Deliveries to rental customers declined 14 percent, or 3,300 units, per plan.
  • In 2015, Commercial deliveries were up 12 percent and government deliveries were up 2 percent. Rental deliveries were down 11 percent, or nearly 50,000 units, per plan. In the last two years, GM has grown its Commercial business by 38 percent to approximately 213,000 units.
  • GM expects another significant reduction in rental deliveries during 2016.

SAAR

• The seasonally-adjusted annual selling rate (SAAR) for light vehicles was an estimated 17.8 million units in December.
  • Light vehicle volumes for 2015 are projected to be a record 17.5 million units, surpassing the year 2000, when 17.4 million vehicles were delivered.

post-10485-0-02519400-1452007412_thumb.j

Pretty much what I continue to believe.. the XTS is taking sales from the CTS. That being said.. the CTS and XTS should be complimentary vehicles going forward.. with the CTS, or its replacement really more of an E-Class/CLS class type of relationship. Once the CT6 arrives full on.. the next gen XTS should be the CT5, while the CTS gets a designation of CT7.. a A7/CLS/6Series GC, kinda of 4 door coupe

3500 ATS sales on the sedan, coupe, and VSeries. Imagine another bump with a Convertible.. a diesel, and a wagon. 

Note to Caddy: When XT5 arrives.. keep SRX. Give it the name XT4. Sell it a few ticks cheaper.. change styling slightly to resemble the new gen of A&S. Watch that 21K sales last month go to an instant 26K without even including the CT6

Buick did awesome.. and count me in as one of those Encore sales. Envision is gonna find good money when it arrives. Chevy and GMC... 939,198 pickups vs Ford's 780,354 ?? Good GOD. 

GM Trax and Encore are bringing them in. Nox and Terrain are super strong, with the K2XX SUVs overall super strong. Much praise to the Colorado and Canyon.. and props to the Lambdas

Awesome job GM. 

Buick is going to see some big sales gains in the next 24 months as Enclave, Regal, Verano, and Lacrosse all get replaced. 

Edit: Plus, I hear we're in for a surprise at Detroit.

No doubt about it. Are U going to Detroit?? I think I'm gonna stay East Coast this year and do New York again.

OH.. PM sent

Buick is going to see some big sales gains in the next 24 months as Enclave, Regal, Verano, and Lacrosse all get replaced. 

No doubt about it. Are U going to Detroit?? I think I'm gonna stay East Coast this year and do New York again.

OH.. PM sent

Oh of course.  I travel to all 4 major auto shows each year.

OH.. PM sent

daaaaang.. I wish I could do that. 

How is Chicago's? That's within driving range for me for a little weekend trip. 

OH.. PM sent

As a member of the press it's the least important to attend.  If my day job didn't pay for the trip to get there, I probably wouldn't go, and may skip it this year.

As a member of the public, it's the largest and nicest facility, but there will be fewer concepts shown there on the floor. 

ATS had a really good month.  SRX must have some incentives on it, but people want crossovers and the SRX is an inexpensive luxury crossover compared to what some of the others cost.  

On the flip side the Malibu and Impala were down about 30%.  People don't want sedans (or coupes) anymore.  In 10 years Chevy will probably make 4 cars and 10 crossovers.

I suspect the Zora may debut at Cobo.

I kinda doubt it.  Something like that would be a big event and Chevy has two other cars debuting.  There's no way they'd fit something like the Zora into the 20 minutes they have allotted along with the two others.   If they did it at an off-site, William and I would have gotten invites (like we did for Buick this year and last, and for Stingray)

Perhaps. But as a certain Vulcan once said, "there are always... possibilities."

But if it turns out to be something like a Corvette or Camaro variant I'm down with that too.

Well again... something like that, GM rents out a whole facility and throws a big party.  They have rented out a big facility and are throwing a big party to show us Envision (which we've already seen) and highly likely another Buick concept or production car.

If they had a big Camaro or Corvette announcement, they wouldn't be wasting the facility on the Envision.

The last Z/28 came out in NYC.

Chevy is going to be showing the Bolt and a Cruze Hatch most likely.

ATS had a really good month.  SRX must have some incentives on it, but people want crossovers and the SRX is an inexpensive luxury crossover compared to what some of the others cost.  

On the flip side the Malibu and Impala were down about 30%.  People don't want sedans (or coupes) anymore.  In 10 years Chevy will probably make 4 cars and 10 crossovers.

Like I said earlier.. 3500 ATS sales on the sedan, coupe, and VSeries. Imagine another bump with a Convertible.. a diesel, and a wagon. I dunno what the eff BMW is putting in the 3/4series buyers coffee, but those things are becoming so common that I see as much as I do Camrys. Zero exclusivity... Zero. Good problem to have as BMW.. not so great as a luxury car buyer IMO

The German 2 have the right product mix adding as many CUVs. 

Cadillac... this is what U should be doing. 45% of your offerings should be CUVS.. and that's with at least a whopping 16 products to sell versus your measly 6. 

It truly makes the idiot in me... the IDIOT.. in me wonder how the hell is Mercedes outselling Cadillac 2:1 (343K vs 175K) with not just double.. but 10 more vehicle available to the buying public.. in more variants to boot    :scratchchin:  How is that even possible?? and would that have more to do with the Benz brand being supposedly better and not just having more product?   :bowl:

So the question remains... if Caddy had 16 products.., not 6, even with the variations they currently have of their products (no diesel.. not one effin convertible.. no wagon) would they be able to sell at least equal to Benz?

I think it will be a new Buick.. possibly the new Verano or Avenir production car. Lambdas are also set for a debut as the new models are coming soon.

We could all be wrong... and GM ballz up and pushes out a new GMC Hummer concept  :gitfunky:

Okay, just to be clear, each event is brand specific.   Buick is going to have the "extra" car that is currently unknown.  It could be anything from just the new Verano which we've already seen in China to a Riviera concept.   It is very unlikely to be the new Enclave, though it would be interesting to intro the Envision and Enclave together.  But it is a Buick event, so no non-Buicks will be shown there.

GMC is showing the Acadia.   Cadillac isn't showing anything.

I'm sure Chevy will be showing the Bolt, and I'm told Cruze Hatch is also going to be there.  That doesn't leave enough time during the 20 minute Chevy press conference to be introing a ZL-1 or Zora or Z28.  Those are cars that get a dedicated presser.

OH.. PM sent

As a member of the press it's the least important to attend.  If my day job didn't pay for the trip to get there, I probably wouldn't go, and may skip it this year.

As a member of the public, it's the largest and nicest facility, but there will be fewer concepts shown there on the floor. 

Dang, you make it sound crappy! lol 

Well, If you've ever attended the one in STL you'd think differently about Chicago. I've gone to STL's many times and I'm disappointed every. single. year. It's basically a new car dealer showroom. There isn't much rare, NOTHING exotic(if you want to you have to pay and stand in a line to see the "million dollar mile" ). I'm not sure if any of the German 3 luxury makers were there at all, pretty sure they weren't. 

This weekend there is a motorcycle show.. I'm intrigued but I'm scared I'll go and then just want to sell what I have to buy whatever bike I want, lol. 

Dang, you make it sound crappy! lol 

Well, If you've ever attended the one in STL you'd think differently about Chicago. I've gone to STL's many times and I'm disappointed every. single. year. It's basically a new car dealer showroom. There isn't much rare, NOTHING exotic(if you want to you have to pay and stand in a line to see the "million dollar mile" ). I'm not sure if any of the German 3 luxury makers were there at all, pretty sure they weren't. 

This weekend there is a motorcycle show.. I'm intrigued but I'm scared I'll go and then just want to sell what I have to buy whatever bike I want, lol.

Not crappy, just not as much excitement as Detroit, NYC, or LA.  But still one of the nicest facilities. 

I guess I have to burst your bubble on this next point.  All of the auto shows in the US, even the big 4, are run by the dealership associations. That's why they feel like a new car dealer showroom.  The only thing unique about the big 4 is their size and fact that new cars get the sheet pulled off them there.   Once in a very rare while, a manufacturer will show something "new" at a show that isn't the big 4.  Last year Chevy did the debut of the Colorado Trail Boss at the Cleveland Auto Show and Ram did a presentation (but not a debut) of the Ram Rebel.

Cadillac needs more product but that goes to show the inept management and product planners at GM.  In what world would you not want to have the most products in your highest profit margin brand?  For example, Audi on 1.7 million cars a year contributes more dollars of profit to VW than the VW brand selling 8 million cars.  The Cadillac brand if run properly should produce as much profit as Chevrolet (if not more), therefor Cadillac should have an R&D budget and product range as large as Chevrolet.

As far as the Detroit show goes, the new Buick should obviously be a version of the Volt called Electra.  It can be a 2-door coupe version of the Volt for about $58,000.  That will be a hot seller.

Well, with the two model lines the market positioning of certain GM models in Buick and Cadillac fulfill the same role as Mercedes or BMW with their single branded products.

The new Insignia/Regal when they appear should be ritzy competitors for the budget conscious, and moderately equipped versions of the CLA and 1 Series sedans that aren't AMG or M Sport models.  

And the Buick Envision is a competitor to the Q3 or GLA in many respects. And it's sized larger than an equivalent MKC and those two, and will surely be on the minds of someone wanting a domestic branded luxury small crossover.

And the new twin-clutch AWD system is pretty nifty. I'd reckon it's just as advanced as anything out there.

Then you have body styles of the same model approach. I think it's great that the Germans have figured out a way to make them so distinct in the buyer's minds when it really isn't substantiated in the products themselves.

But I feel it would be a very difficult for Cadillac or future D6 Lincolns to implement that well from a marketing perspective.

Buick should be the styling pinnacle of GM. Be the most fashion forward, but maintaining sensible practicality of its core models - the Lacrosse and its crossovers.

I feel Cadillac should remain the stately brand, that it shouldn't delve too much into this reskinning of the same sausage routine used by the G3. Unless it's just a boon for all automakers, then damn they need some product strategy like that as soon as possible.

Not sure it is the ultimate idea to have Cadillac chase the Germans and mimic everything they do.  I would like to see Cadillac pull back just a little bit from that endeavor and lean a bit more toward Americana.

Not sure it is the ultimate idea to have Cadillac chase the Germans and mimic everything they do.  I would like to see Cadillac pull back just a little bit from that endeavor and lean a bit more toward Americana.

I think you'll begin to see a bit more of that as GM proves its point as far as matching German performance goes. Similar to Jag, they have that distinct heritage to use. But the brand was so damaged that unlike Jag, they truly had to start from Ground Zero to make a go of it.

Well, with the two model lines the market positioning of certain GM models in Buick and Cadillac fulfill the same role as Mercedes or BMW with their single branded products.

The new Insignia/Regal when they appear should be ritzy competitors for the budget conscious, and moderately equipped versions of the CLA and 1 Series sedans that aren't AMG or M Sport models.  

And the Buick Envision is a competitor to the Q3 or GLA in many respects. And it's sized larger than an equivalent MKC and those two, and will surely be on the minds of someone wanting a domestic branded luxury small crossover.

And the new twin-clutch AWD system is pretty nifty. I'd reckon it's just as advanced as anything out there.

Then you have body styles of the same model approach. I think it's great that the Germans have figured out a way to make them so distinct in the buyer's minds when it really isn't substantiated in the products themselves.

But I feel it would be a very difficult for Cadillac or future D6 Lincolns to implement that well from a marketing perspective.

Buick should be the styling pinnacle of GM. Be the most fashion forward, but maintaining sensible practicality of its core models - the Lacrosse and its crossovers.

I feel Cadillac should remain the stately brand, that it shouldn't delve too much into this reskinning of the same sausage routine used by the G3. Unless it's just a boon for all automakers, then damn they need some product strategy like that as soon as possible.

Cadillac should be the pinnacle of everything at GM.  I still believe the worst Cadillac should be better than the best Buick or Chevy.  

As far as the Regal/Insignia goes, they are closer to E-class size than CLA size.  And the Envision is larger than a GLA, it is closer to a GLC.  But again, GM is pushing the luxury crossovers and SUVs to Buick and GMC, when Cadillac should be getting the luxury product.   This is sort of why I wished post bankruptcy that GMC became the commercial truck brand, the Buick line now has 3 crossovers, they could make a Buick version of the Equinox/Terrain to make it a 4th.  If you have 3-4 Buick crossovers at a mid-level, why do you need 3-4 GMC crossovers at the same level?  

GM keeps trying to push Buick and GMC up market, but Cadillac is in the same price range and product starved.  That makes no sense, give the product to your top line brand.

Cadillac needs product.  During bankruptcy I said they should kill off GMC or make it a work truck and commercial truck brand, sort of how Ram has become pickups and commercial vans.  Then Chevy would sell the retail vehicles, GMC the fleet and commercial.  Put the product into the flagship brand, that is where the profits are.

I understand where he is coming from but at this stage it isn't necessary. When $h! hits the fan again(because it is inevitable, eventually) and sales go down I could see something like that. A commercial brand and a "people's" brand. They're both just doing too well to do something like that now, imo. 

Cadillac needs product.  During bankruptcy I said they should kill off GMC or make it a work truck and commercial truck brand, sort of how Ram has become pickups and commercial vans.  Then Chevy would sell the retail vehicles, GMC the fleet and commercial.  Put the product into the flagship brand, that is where the profits are.

Armchair CEO drives GM back into bankruptcy.

Every model GMC sells that has a Denali trim sells at minimum 25% in Denali trim. Denali is pure profit for GM. Customers clearly like the product.

Cadillac is getting product... vehicle designs are not an app you can just download in 30 seconds. 

Thing is, I don't foresee the SRX replacement being cross-shopped against any GMC (or the Enclave for that matter). The Denali sub-brand exists primarily to sell near-Cadillac spec body on frame stuff. Cadillac doesn't sell a pickup, so buyers who want premium Canyons and Sierras have an option.

Thing is, I don't foresee the SRX replacement being cross-shopped against any GMC (or the Enclave for that matter). The Denali sub-brand exists primarily to sell near-Cadillac spec body on frame stuff. Cadillac doesn't sell a pickup, so buyers who want premium Canyons and Sierras have an option.

They used to... and they should never have stopped.

They used to... and they should never have stopped.

Agreed, Cadillac should have kept a truck going in the brand. Many people I know still have theirs and wish there was a new one to buy. Cadillac is missing a profit opportunity. 

EXT's were really frickin' practical.

And savagely thirsty. Legend says they would drink straight from your wallets, a ritual of sacrifice to tame the wild beast.

But once harnessed, it was an indomitable force to be reckoned with...

Did I mention how much I miss the EXT Escalade??? 

The EXT Escalade, like the Avalanche, served a purpose. That purpose has largely been taken over by conventional pickups.

Now, if I were Johan I would definitely do an Escalade pickup. But it would be more along the lines of the ultimate luxury trailer-hauler: duallie back end, air springs all around for the ride, hotted-up Duramax/Allison driveline, and a Titan-style fuel tank for range. Price it at about 90 grand, and then I would be the king of Texas.

Ford sells a luxury F150, Chevy can sell a luxury Silverado and they have a GMC Denali.  There are your luxury pick ups.  Cadillac doesn't need a pick up.  Cadillac needs sports cars and crossovers and convertibles to go with their army of mid to full size sedans.

Chevy does sell a Lux Silverado, it's called the High Country.

But Cadillac could definitely use a beast like I just described as well. GM is large enough and successful enough with big SUVs and trucks that it doesn't have to be an either/or situation. And let's not overlook that the Escalades that Caddy is currently carry enormous profit margins.

But Cadillac can't sell sedans/coupes to the Euro-import-country club crowd with a redneck pickup on the lot.  They have to build an image that appeals to the bulk of luxury car buyers.  There are a lot of buyers out there that won't consider a Cadillac just because of the brand image still lingering form the 70s and 80s.  They have to be careful.

But Cadillac can't sell sedans/coupes to the Euro-import-country club crowd with a redneck pickup on the lot.  They have to build an image that appeals to the bulk of luxury car buyers.  There are a lot of buyers out there that won't consider a Cadillac just because of the brand image still lingering form the 70s and 80s.  They have to be careful.

Whats funny about U is that U consistently want Cadillac to be "American..." and return to names.. be brash.. but then U say something contradictory like that. I don't kno one EFFIN EXT owner who is characterized as a "Hick" or "Redneck." Many of the owners of the EXT that I kno are well established professionals, that would dash to the hand-car-wash if even a spec of dust got to their Cadillac "truck." Hell. .that applies to the Avalanche owners as well. 

Come to think of it.. I always thought that the omission of GMC from the Avalanche re-badge was quite weird. After all.. the Yukon XL is the exact same as the Suburban it was based off. While I won't sit here and say the EXT should return to Cadillac.. I will say that the Avalanche and a GMC version should appear. Cadillac? A Nice elegant "G-Wagon" alternative would be perfect. Bring back the H2.. but for Cadillac.. while the H3 and H3T go to GMC. 

Looks like Art and Science to me.. elegant too.. with the "Vseries"ish grille

HU_ZA_0307_TQ.jpg

Ford sells a luxury F150, Chevy can sell a luxury Silverado and they have a GMC Denali.  There are your luxury pick ups.  Cadillac doesn't need a pick up.  Cadillac needs sports cars and crossovers and convertibles to go with their army of mid to full size sedans.

While a Cadillac pickup wouldn't sell outside of North America, a new Escalade EXT would do very well for profits.  The only reason it went away is because the Avalanche went away.  The reason the Avalanche went away is because they didn't think they'd have the capacity in Arlington TX when the SUV production moved there (and they appear to have been right). Arlington is being expanded, but if that means a return of the Avalanche and EXT is anyone's guess. 

• Agree 1

That's pretty asinine.

Bentley sells an SUV, Benz and Lambo both have/are selling quasi-military vehicles.

Cadillac is its own company, with its own heritage. The fact that it can now outgun German luxury sedans as well is just an amusing side note from its recent history.

• Agree 1

While a Cadillac pickup wouldn't sell outside of North America, a new Escalade EXT would do very well for profits.  The only reason it went away is because the Avalanche went away.  The reason the Avalanche went away is because they didn't think they'd have the capacity in Arlington TX when the SUV production moved there (and they appear to have been right). Arlington is being expanded, but if that means a return of the Avalanche and EXT is anyone's guess. 

If I remember correctly..part of the reason why U saw a dip in K2XX sales was because they had to pull back on fleet sales due to capacity issues at the Arlington plant. Makes sense for an expansion.. if and only if the price of gas remains low for a while.

That's pretty asinine.

Bentley sells an SUV, Benz and Lambo both have/are selling quasi-military vehicles.

Cadillac is its own company, with its own heritage. The fact that it can now outgun German luxury sedans as well is just an amusing side note from its recent history.

U and I kno some people speak outta their corn-hole and love a stance of hypocrisy. Luxury buyers shunned Cadillac for selling this:

2007-Cadillac-Escalade-EXT-Sport-Utility

but not Benz for selling a delivery truck  :dizzy:

Mercedes-Benz_Sprinter.JPG

If I remember correctly..part of the reason why U saw a dip in K2XX sales was because they had to pull back on fleet sales due to capacity issues at the Arlington plant. Makes sense for an expansion.. if and only if the price of gas remains low for a while.

Yup.  Apparently the goal with the expansion is to double the capacity. 

Make a GMC Denali Avalanche, call it the Yosemite. There is your luxury trim SUV/truck thing. Cadillac doesn't need it. Cadillac needs a sedan above CT6, a coupe bigger (or more expensive) than the ATS, some sort convertible, and 2 more crossovers after XT5. I could even see an ATS Hot Hatch catching fire in Europe as people like hatchbacks and when they trade up from their Golf GTI they got to go somewhere.

As far as Mercedes selling a commercial van goes. 1. Mercedes doesn't have an image problem or sales problem. 2. It is the best commercial van in the world.

Make a GMC Denali Avalanche, call it the Yosemite. There is your luxury trim SUV/truck thing. Cadillac doesn't need it. Cadillac needs a sedan above CT6, a coupe bigger (or more expensive) than the ATS, some sort convertible, and 2 more crossovers after XT5. I could even see an ATS Hot Hatch catching fire in Europe as people like hatchbacks and when they trade up from their Golf GTI they got to go somewhere.

As far as Mercedes selling a commercial van goes. 1. Mercedes doesn't have an image problem or sales problem. 2. It is the best commercial van in the world.

If Cadillac can sell an EXT at 90k, then they should sell an EXT at 90k. Why should they leave any money on the table just to satisfy people who still won't buy ANY Cadillac and only buy Euro cars anyway?