Make a GMC Denali Avalanche, call it the Yosemite. There is your luxury trim SUV/truck thing. Cadillac doesn't need it. Cadillac needs a sedan above CT6, a coupe bigger (or more expensive) than the ATS, some sort convertible, and 2 more crossovers after XT5. I could even see an ATS Hot Hatch catching fire in Europe as people like hatchbacks and when they trade up from their Golf GTI they got to go somewhere.

As far as Mercedes selling a commercial van goes. 1. Mercedes doesn't have an image problem or sales problem. 2. It is the best commercial van in the world.

Technically Cadillac's image problem is not due to its current cars, but its cars of the past being too American, and set for the upper-crusted snoots of America decades before. It could fix this image problem if they would simply pick up where they started with the "Break-through ads of the early 2000s. 

Cadillac doesn't need the EXT.. it needs that H2 I posted above. The H2 was the epitome of brash and bold. It wouldn't hurt if they allowed it to be a real off-roader this time, perhaps buiding it on the new GM GMT31XX platform in an expanded form... cause let's be for real.. the current Colorado is essentially the full-size truck of a few gens past

• Agree 1

Make a GMC Denali Avalanche, call it the Yosemite. There is your luxury trim SUV/truck thing. Cadillac doesn't need it. Cadillac needs a sedan above CT6, a coupe bigger (or more expensive) than the ATS, some sort convertible, and 2 more crossovers after XT5. I could even see an ATS Hot Hatch catching fire in Europe as people like hatchbacks and when they trade up from their Golf GTI they got to go somewhere.

As far as Mercedes selling a commercial van goes. 1. Mercedes doesn't have an image problem or sales problem. 2. It is the best commercial van in the world.

please stop acting like you know what Cadillac needs and doesn't need because no matter what they do, you will bash them. Now, excuse me. I have to go to the Mercedes dealership to pick me up a cargo van. I think they're right next to the S Class.

Well, as long as you have an excuse for Mercedes doing the EXACT same thing you criticize Cadillac for, it's perfectly okay. It's hypocritical but it's okay.
  • Agree 1

Eh, it's all good. I don't mind debates that don't end in epic meltdowns, even if the thought process is a bit silly.

Cadillac needed to rebuild their identity from scratch. That meant a combination of German performance and American swagger. The sedans and coupes provide the former, the Escalade provides the latter. The best step is to combine the two in one vehicle.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

I forgot how fugly the Hummer was. Saw one on the road not too long ago and I recall thinking, thank God GM put that out of it's misery.

I forgot how fugly the Hummer was. Saw one on the road not too long ago and I recall thinking, thank God GM put that out of it's misery.

I forgot how... U kno what? High road.

The H2, imo, was never unattractive.. Just ostentatious, along with polarizing, a love/hate.

He is just peeved that it was the Escalade and the H2 of that generation...the GMT820 platform, that cooled the Navigator...

The H2 (why are we even discussing this in 2016?)  was not about winning beauty pageants...it was about crashing unto the scene, stealing the show and getting the girl.

In WWF  WWE terms, it was Razor Ramon...

A H2 meng, is just for fun, meng. The H2 probably did scar YOU your whole life, Wings...that's too bad, Chico!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2