Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

A PROUD MOMENT

ocnblu

I don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth, sir.  ;)

Consumer Reports is warning ppl to stay away from unreliable electrics as used cars.  The Volt and Prius are not on the warning list.

I've been told over and over that "simple, superior" electrics are better vehicles.  Clearly, that notion is dashed by this report.

And not one of C&G's rabid supporters of electric propulsion has come in here to say a word.  :)

Like I saids, the reliability of they didn't compare gas vehicles to electrics, otherwise you would have seen those cars above that list.

And CR always says to avoid first or second model year cars.

They do that for every car.

Admitting that's the same for electrics means that these cars are also more mainstream than we thought.

• Agree 1

Consumer Reports is warning ppl to stay away from unreliable electrics as used cars.  The Volt and Prius are not on the warning list.

I've been told over and over that "simple, superior" electrics are better vehicles.  Clearly, that notion is dashed by this report.

And not one of C&G's rabid supporters of electric propulsion has come in here to say a word.  :)

Don't they recommend staying away from ALL unreliable vehicle? Which, is common sense... 

• Agree 1

And Cheers and Gears recommends that it's readers actually read the article they posted before commenting on it.

CR recommends avoiding only the early versions of these electric cars. 

BTW, I'm sure you're really proud!!!

attachicon.gifRuh roh.png

ruh roh!!

BAAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!! 

86FB4A5A-93E1-43CF-AC9C-819FB3B70973_zps

Like I saids, the reliability of they didn't compare gas vehicles to electrics, otherwise you would have seen those cars above that list.

And CR always says to avoid first or second model year cars.

They do that for every car.

Admitting that's the same for electrics means that these cars are also more mainstream than we thought.

Yeah, I'd wager money that my car is on that list as well.. First model year of the current gen Escape. I know the 1.6 had all sorts of issues upon release.  

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 3

Blu...were you referring to me? Maybe it was Mr. DFELT that you were referring to as a rabid EV supporter...

It don't matter....

Ill talk for myself.

1. Im at work...I just opened up my computer to see waz up...I couldn't earlier because my restaurant was super busy up until now...

2. I just saw the terrorist attacks in Brussels just before opening up this web site...so yeah...I might be a tad slow on the news front today...only because I was catering to my customers that themselves had no time to chit chat with me...

3.  And...I never comment on articles like these to begin with...especially ones that come from Consumer Reports...

I don't believe them...when they are positive, nor when they are negative...

Example...when the Tesla Model S first came out...with no history behind it...it was THE BEST CAR THAT CR EVER reported on...

Now...it is not recommended...

Toyotas were forever CR's darling...yet...engine sludges and truck frames cracking and cars that run away and premature rusting never deterred CR to give them bad ratings...but now all of a sudden...Toyota does not pass the grade?

Yeah...be proud of a magazine that blows bullshyte no matter what way that bullshyte swings...

And do you believe everything that comes out of Consumer Reports?

What was that? You said no one has said a word? Hmmm...how's that working out for you now?

Worst troll bait thread in a long time (and that is saying something).

• Agree 1

:neenerneener:  :neenerneener:  :neenerneener:  :neenerneener:  :neenerneener:  :neenerneener:  :neenerneener:  :neenerneener:  :neenerneener:  :neenerneener:

Yea I take your shizzle and use it to enrich the planet!

post-12-0-63578900-1458678487_thumb.jpg

• Agree 4

Love blu's topic but gotta admit, Drew's burn was spit out your drink epic, !

Side note, this underscores how much of a great job GM did on Volt 1.

For some strange bizarre reason I was doing research on Ford C Max hybrid Energis last night and oh boy that vehicle doesn't have much love (the non plug ins are not so bad i guess).  You want a cheap hybrid go find one of those.

GM really needs to pump all that they can into EV's and Voltecs and become the LEADER again.  Volt / Bolt etc. is a foundation to GREATNESS.  Even the Spark EV's get great user comments.

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 2

I have always read where it has been recommended to  stay away from Consumer Reports in all years. 

I have seen too often where their coverage of reliability is only based on owners who are subscribers replies. This generally is not the most scientific or accurate way to document real world results. 

#1 most owners are not subscribers. 

#2 most happy owners never take the time to post on the web or review damn I got a good car. Now if they have had issued you can be sure they will complain. 

I am not a guy that will be buying an electric car soon but I have learned to accept them as while they are not for me that does not make them bad or evil. Like wise do not tell me a Tesla and Musk can cure cancer either. There is a lot of distortion on both sides. 

As for first year cars that used to be true but not as much anymore with many models. Since most imports are released overseas a year before we get them the bugs are worked out there and even many of the new GM cars released overseas the bugs are worked out in China before they come here. 

It is not like it used to be. 

I always loved how Consumer reports or even other reviews using readers will take a vehicle like a Chevy truck or GMC truck or even a recently I saw a Nox and Terrain and some idiot will claim the GMC is a better built vehicle. Yet in the case of the Terrain it was just some trim that made it different and nothing else. It was built on the same platform with mostly the same parts and by the same people in the same plant but yet some are ignorent to the fact they bought the same car.

To me that was good marketing if you can fool someone like that. 

This just did come up on another web site recently.