2016 Buick Envision spotting

This is a cheesy write up but i checked out an Envision in the flesh.  (By the way, huge Verano incentives now).

Was not fortunate enough to get into it, but I can comment on how it looks.  Looks pretty good.  Front end is a little bland and dated.  Was parked next to a Terrain and it's noticeably shorter, less wide, and not as tall.  But the size of it yes pretty much falls into line with the compact CUV competition, like the MKC.

A look through the window, the interior looks good, particularly the seats, leather, soft surfaces, the center armrest / console / stack.  Gazing in the window, it looks like there is good use of space, it looks efficient.  Rear leg space looked big and the trunk looked like it might be the equal of the Terrain or maybe wider.  Interior alone should be the reason it sells well.

Some of the lower interior plastics are the generic spec less expensive stuff by the looks of it.  Dash cover is interesting but might have to touch it and see if its soft or not. The big fake wood swatch looks like a lot of fake wood.

All crossovers sell now so it will probably sell quite well.  44k sticker......i dunno, 4 popper tiny ute for 44k, i guess that is the market.

Edited by regfootball

This is a cheesy write up but i checked out an Envision in the flesh.  (By the way, huge Verano incentives now).

Was not fortunate enough to get into it, but I can comment on how it looks.  Looks pretty good.  Front end is a little bland and dated.  Was parked next to a Terrain and it's noticeably shorter, less wide, and not as tall.  But the size of it yes pretty much falls into line with the compact CUV competition, like the MKC.

A look through the window, the interior looks good, particularly the seats, leather, soft surfaces, the center armrest / console / stack.  Gazing in the window, it looks like there is good use of space, it looks efficient.  Rear leg space looked big and the trunk looked like it might be the equal of the Terrain or maybe wider.  Interior alone should be the reason it sells well.

Some of the lower interior plastics are the generic spec less expensive stuff by the looks of it.  Dash cover is interesting but might have to touch it and see if its soft or not. The big fake wood swatch looks like a lot of fake wood.

All crossovers sell now so it will probably sell quite well.  44k sticker......i dunno, 4 popper tiny ute for 44k, i guess that is the market.

Reg where are you located in North America, I am only asking as I searched all of washington and oregon hoping to find a dealer with an Envision to check it out and no one has received any. I would think the west coast would get them first coming from China but then I could be wrong.

:worthless:

yes, i do agree.  however, the pictures you have seen on the net, are pretty much good at conveying what it actually looks like in the flesh.  

This rig would be PERFECT for my mom.  And she gave me the go ahead to start looking.  However, her budget is for used and far less than 40+.  But really this is the perfect rig for aging demographic.

Reg where are you located in North America, I am only asking as I searched all of washington and oregon hoping to find a dealer with an Envision to check it out and no one has received any. I would think the west coast would get them first coming from China but then I could be wrong.

the dealer here in bloomington MN had about 7 of them.

Curiously, as an aside.....Verano cannot even be searched for on buick.com.  So I looked on auto trader and there are very few Veranos left in the system, new.  But this particular dealer had like 10 of them, most of them Sport Touring, which actually even though it sounds contrived, is really a sharp package on that car.

My neighborhood Buick dealer shows 10 new Veranos in stock, 5 of which are white, 2 Sport Tourings.   3 Envisions in stock, all Premium I trim and around $44k...haven't seen one in person yet.

Cool that you have so many in stock, dealerships in Seattle still do not show them.

:worthless:

yes, i do agree.  however, the pictures you have seen on the net, are pretty much good at conveying what it actually looks like in the flesh.  

This rig would be PERFECT for my mom.  And she gave me the go ahead to start looking.  However, her budget is for used and far less than 40+.  But really this is the perfect rig for aging demographic.

the dealer here in bloomington MN had about 7 of them.

Curiously, as an aside.....Verano cannot even be searched for on buick.com.  So I looked on auto trader and there are very few Veranos left in the system, new.  But this particular dealer had like 10 of them, most of them Sport Touring, which actually even though it sounds contrived, is really a sharp package on that car.

You mean Envision cannot be searched on Buick.com right?

I have tried autotrader and found Nothing within state, nothing on the west coast, seems they are all 1500 miles plus away but available in purple, brown, red, white......  :(

The ones my local dealer have are '16s...I assume the '17s will be in over the summer sometime...I also noticed the sticker prices on the Envisions seems to be roughly twice that of the Encores...seems like Buick has a CUV gap in the 35k range...

i think the '17 envisions get the 2.5 as an option, and with a lower starting MSRP.  I wonder if the 2.5 will be a decent mill for that thing.

Buick.com says the '17's are "Fall".   The base model then starts at 34,995.  That is FWD and 2.5.  To get the 2.0, it steps up to the mid forties in price. 

Base model would still have heated seats, power seat, remote start, and dual zone A/C.  Getting better on the price, if you can live without AWD.  With the torque of the 2.5 and only FWD, it might be sort of sprite.

http://www.buick.com/envision/2017-trims

Edited by regfootball

i think the '17 envisions get the 2.5 as an option, and with a lower starting MSRP.  I wonder if the 2.5 will be a decent mill for that thing.

Buick.com says the '17's are "Fall".  

Probably will be a FWD version also, I thought I read the '16s were all AWD...

Here's a real honest question.  Unless you JUST GOTTA HAVE the new Envision NOW, would it be worth it to wait a short bit for the 2017?

I would assume so. Even if it was just to buy a 2016 when the 2017s were on the lot...therefore getting a little better deal. 

Finally have them on the lots here in Seattle. :D

Going to check out a Purple one with the black with purple accent interior tonight.

My Buick dealer just got one in.  Not that we're shopping for one, but I would wait till the '17s show up just so I could get CarPlay and AndroidAuto.  The 16s don't have it. 

That is good to know Drew as my sister is wanting to get one of these. This is what we are going to go look at tomorrow it looks like.

We got two in, black and gray.  Salesmen needed to pick up a car we worked on so they came over in it.  Seems bland boxy and dated.  Dash is decent.  I asked them about the '17 Encore, they had no clue when on those.