VW News: As the Diesel Emits: California Says No To Volkswagen's 3.0L V6 Fix

The California Air Resources Board has rejected Volkswagen's plan to fix the 3.0L TDI V6.

"VW's and Audi's submissions are incomplete, substantially deficient, and fall far short of meeting the legal requirements to return these vehicles to the claimed certified configuration," CARB wrote in a letter to the German automaker.

This comes as a bit of a surprise as last month, Volkswagen's lawyer Robert Giuffra said the company was close to a fix for this engine and it wouldn't affect overall performance.

Volkswagen apparently did not learn its lesson when its proposed fix for the 2.0L TDI four-cylinder was rejected by CARB earlier this year for the same reasons.

Complicating matters further is CARB saying that certain test data would not be available until December. They need this data to help make a determination if a fix would work for the all of the affected models or if Volkswagen needs to set up a buyback program similar to the one for the 2.0 TDI.

Source: Reuters, California Air Resources Board

View full article

They are drowning in their own made undertow.

Their hometown government tried to give them a life preserver but they too, decided to limit the line thrown to them as its hard to justify the criminality of it all.

Plus, the arrogance may be too much...

The only thing that is left is public perception.

And by the looks of things, in North America, VW sales are on the down since this news broke out.

And every time bad news likes this makes it publicly...the sinking and drowning feeling is intensified...IMO.

Their hometown government tried to give them a life preserver but they too, decided to limit the line thrown to them as its hard to justify the criminality of it all.

And by the looks of things, in North America, VW sales are on the down since this news broke out.

And every time bad news likes this makes it publicly...the sinking and drowning feeling is intensified...IMO.

VW dealers here in washington have reduced staff due to the lack of sales. There is one tiny dealership that I wonder if it can survive past this year as they have few auto's on their lot and you never see anyone there and they are located in what is considered Green Central for people. 

As long as they were marketing and selling their super Green Diesels, the place was busy, but now the perception is one of a lying two faced car company and the place is now closed on sundays and mondays and open 9-5 tuesday to saturday. I personally think it will be gone by the end of the year.

Criminality? 

What VW did any sane company would do when faced with over-reaching unreasonable government regulations. Ignore the "regulations" and do what you do best, build cars. 

Yup...you are right!

You build cars...just not diesel powered ones....

Lie. Cheat. Steal.

That is what any sane company should do?

Price of beef is sky high where Im at in my neck of the woods...

Ive got government regs up my ass to conform to hygiene and food safety...(I own a hot dog joint, it makes good money)

Ive got rules to follow concerning employees, their salary, their employment and their well being...

According to you...I should just skip any law that I deem to be over-reaching and unreasonable? (Because there are many....)

So...I should get my meat  from roadkill and stray dogs and cats so I could boost my profits....Because the price of beef is sky high...(the air that you breathe is just as important...)

You could argue all day long about airplanes and boats and factories spewing all kinds of crap in the air while I could do the same for all the crooked bankers and CEOs out there....

Laws are NOT meant to be broken....and if they are....DONT GET CAUGHT!!!

VW got caught.

End of story.

Edited by oldshurst442

Criminality? 

What VW did any sane company would do when faced with over-reaching unreasonable government regulations. Ignore the "regulations" and do what you do best, build cars. 

Yup...you are right!

Lie. Cheat. Steal.

Ive got government regs up my ass to conform to hygiene and food safety...(I own a hot dog joint, it makes good money)

Ive got rules to follow concerning employees, their salary, their employment and their well being...

According to you...I should just skip any law that I deem to be over-reaching and unreasonable? (Because there are many....)

So...I should get my meat  from roadkill and stray dogs and cats so I could boost my profits....Because the price of beef is sky high...(the air that you breathe is just as important...)

You could argue all day long about airplanes and boats and factories spewing all kinds of crap in the air while I could do the same for all the crooked bankers and CEOs out there....

VW got caught.

End of story.

Sure mate, it's the American way. Tax on tea went up a penny, we revolted, threw the buggers out.  And it's been that way ever since.  It isn't as if VW built naturally aspirated diesels with open exhausts.  The engine was clean just not California clean. No harm, no foul. It really is more important that automobiles remain cheap enough for common people to purchase.  Otherwise we risk the government taxing autos out of existence or into the hands of the very rich. And I wouldn't like that very much. 

VW dealers here in washington have reduced staff due to the lack of sales. There is one tiny dealership that I wonder if it can survive past this year as they have few auto's on their lot and you never see anyone there and they are located in what is considered Green Central for people. 

As long as they were marketing and selling their super Green Diesels, the place was busy, but now the perception is one of a lying two faced car company and the place is now closed on sundays and mondays and open 9-5 tuesday to saturday. I personally think it will be gone by the end of the year.

Yes Mr. DFELT....I hear you loud and clear!!!

Just a reminder for all of us not to forget how VW chose to lie to us...the consumer..

The Green Police

From 2010...

2010....6 years they knew they were cheating and lying to us!!!

Criminality? 

Yup...you are right!

Lie. Cheat. Steal.

VW got caught.

End of story.

Sure mate, it's the American way. Tax on tea went up a penny, we revolted, threw the buggers out.  And it's been that way ever since.  It isn't as if VW built naturally aspirated diesels with open exhausts.  The engine was clean just not California clean. No harm, no foul. It really is more important that automobiles remain cheap enough for common people to purchase.  Otherwise we risk the government taxing autos out of existence or into the hands of the very rich. And I wouldn't like that very much. 

Only in California?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-12/south-korea-to-ban-some-volkswagen-models-amid-emissions-probe

And this link is from their own home country....

Germany tells the EU to tighten loop holes so there is no cheating...

https://next.ft.com/content/a07dcd3a-2bf3-11e6-a18d-a96ab29e3c95

And so Germany is not going to be lenient with VW and their CEOs...

http://fortune.com/2016/07/11/german-prosecutors-volkswagen/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/german-prosecutors-seek-punitive-damages-from-volkswagen-1468263979

• Agree 1

Criminality? 

Yup...you are right!

Lie. Cheat. Steal.

VW got caught.

End of story.

You do realize that Germany, where they are headquartered, also burned them for their deceit right? What's the excuse there?

I noticed my original link that Germany urges EU to tighten Diesel Emissions is not exactly there....the news article is not there....well here is another link where the EU snubs Germany for that plea...

http://www.dw.com/en/eu-snubs-germany-on-tighter-emission-rules/a-19312389

Very cool, thanks for the links, looks like VW is going to be shocked that they will have to deal with Europe no different than the US.

I wonder how long before Audi and Porsche either go their own way or leave VW and the two strike out on their own as a new audi / Porsche company.

That is what I finding funny in all of this.

Porsche is Porsche and flat sixes are in people's minds....the diesel engines in their SUVs dont register. Which is funny because Porsche sells a lot of SUVs.

But I understand why people dont crucify Porsche...

Audi...Audi is the one the perplexes me..it seems to me that Audi is escaping this mess relatively scot-free.

Yeah...I guess its only time that Audi and Porsche will release themselves from VW...

But where will they get economies of scale from?

VW is a sinking ship....

But...here is another thought...

Maybe VAG will go under and Porsche will retake control under a new umbrella?