Sign in to follow this  
Rubiks

2002 GMC Envoy Cutting Out

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy and it looses power randomly between 1/2 and 1/4 tank full. Can only maintain 25 MPH. If you push on the gas pedal it has no power and will slow down more.

If you fill it up with gas it runs fine. Mostly have problems on the highway at constant speed but is not repeatable and does not happen on every tank full.

Dealer replaced the O2 sensor but still having the same problem. They can't figure it out.

Anyone have this same problem? :hissyfit:

Thanks!

Two things I'd be willing to venture a bet on. Either a REALLY REALLLY clogged fuel filter (unlikely since it doesn't happen any other time except when you're running below a half tank) or the fuel pump itself is starting to have problems pulling fuel out of the tank once it drops below that level. The problem isn't necessarily the pump, but the way its designed. See when you've got a full tank, the fuel in the tank acts as a coolant for the fuel pump, the cooler it runs, the better since it is an electric motor and very susceptible (sp?) to heat. Once you drop down below a certain level, the pump is exposed to air heats up, dropping its pumping efficiency. I'd be damn near willing to bet that the fuel pump is starting to go south on you.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook