Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
american_revolution_2005

1988 Buick Reatta Series 1 L67 Supercharged swap

2 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, as many of you know I haven't been online in quite a long time as life sometimes takes its toll. I have now gotten rid of my T-Type, car was rotted so I kept all specific T-Type parts. Now last October, the Intake Manifold gasket went on my 88 Reatta and the car spun a main bearing. Perfect opportunity for my Supercharged swap. The donor motor is from a 95 Bonneville SSEi and the motor had 143k kms on it, I stripped it down to freshen the motor up either way but the lower mileage was a bonus. The supercharger was a rebuilt with maybe 30k kms on it and it is perfect. I have been slowly chipping away at this project since January and finally the motor/transmission and cradle are coming out this Saturday and the new motor will go in towards the end of April. Gives me time to finish the motor, transmission and engine bay clean up. As since last seen on the site, my Reatta now sits on 17s and will be lowered 2" once the swap is done as well as a forward-flip hood modification as I utilized the hood parts from my T-Type. Should be interesting and I will have pictures up soon.

Here are some pictures of the new Series I L67 that was torn down and the pictures of my original 3800 and cradle being dropped out of the car over the past long Easter weekend. Enjoy

Pictures before winter storage and swap

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

L67 3800 Series I, 89k miles, torn down to replace gaskets, etc.

DSCN2458.jpg

DSCN2460.jpg

DSCN2462.jpg

DSCN2494.jpg

DSCN2495.jpg

Original 3800 motor being dropped out of the car, April 3rd,2010

DSCN2466.jpg

DSCN2467.jpg

DSCN2469.jpg

DSCN2480.jpg

DSCN2481.jpg

DSCN2482.jpg