2011 Charger HVAC question

My 2011 Charger has the automatic climate control system in it. This is the first summer I had owned the car. When I have the HVAC on auto and push the button to turn the recirc on, the light flashes three times and then goes off, indicating that it is not in recirc. I tried using it in the manual mode, and the same thing happens, the light flashes three times and shuts off.

Is anyone familiar with this HVAC system or have any ideas what may be wrong? At 95 degrees, is like to run the a/c in recirc, but don't seem to be able to. I will take it to my dealership if needed, just curious if anyone here had any ideas.

Thanks!

Stupid question but did you make sure you did not have it in Defrost mode or foot / Defrost mode. I know my auto's all being GM work with face blowing or Face and feet blowing only for recirc. My daughters Durango works the same way.

With it being on auto, I'm not sure, but I just went to the garage to try it in manual mode. Even when it is manually put on the head, it still will not activate the recirc.

On the touch screen, the recirc button is grayed out, for this familiar with Uconnect's touch screen.

That is really weird, In looking at charger forums, it seems the 2010 and 2011 chargers seem to have the recirc box break or motor break and this keeps the recirc from working. Requires pulling the dash apart to get to the motor and box. Have them check all your bi-level flaps to see if any are cracked and get those fixed also so you can address all the AC issues at one time. Good Luck, sorry you will have to take this back in. Let me know as I am interested if this is the actual problem or not but like I said it seems to be a common issue on Charger and dodge forums in searching.