dfelt

Tesla first to 100kWh Battery

3 posts in this topic

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

Tesla first to 100kWh Battery

p100d-announcement.jpg

According Tesla today, they are now building the fastest 0-60 sedan in the world, beating out Porsche and Ferrari. Today people can now order the P100D with Ludicrous mode! This allows this 7 passenger sedan 5 adults / 2 kids to hit 60 in 2.5 seconds according to Tesla's own Blog. The Tesla X P100D can hit 60 in 2.9 seconds. The battery is 300 miles in Ludicrous mode and 315 miles in normal mode.

Click Here

Tesla says all S and X orders not delivered can upgrade to the 100 battery pack for $10,000 and existing S and X can upgrade for $20,000 to the 100 battery pack. The higher upgrade fee on existing owners is due to disposal of the 90 battery pack.

Tesla goes on to also say that this helps fund development of the Tesla 3.

I always thought that there would be room for custom tuners and now I see we have a first one that is focused on Tesla.

https://tsportline.com/

They have all types of custom packages from internals for the cabin, wheels, and more.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By dfelt
      G. David Felt - Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.cheersandgears.com
      Bollinger Motors Pure EV SUV

So you like the look of a traditional Land Rover or the brick G-Wagon and wish you could have an American made Brick SUV that was Green?
      Welcome to BOLLINGER MOTORS who this summer introduced their PURE OFF ROAD EV the Bollinger B1. Check them out
      Bollinger wanted to show off their testing of their new EV SUV.

Autoblog did a video covering the internals of this bad ass American Made EV SUV.
      AutoBlog Video

• By dfelt
      GM Exec calls Musk full of Crap!
      Seems Musk stating his auto's are level 5 capable of self driving is now being called full of crap by GM Exec that says without Lidar, there is no way Tesla system can be Level 5 full autonomous driving. It cannot see in the black of Night nor the difference of a snow covered road. Clearly many use cases that show Tesla to not be a Level 5 autonomous driving auto.
      Interesting read at Autoblog. https://www.autoblog.com/2017/10/16/gm-exec-calls-elon-musk-full-of-crap-autonomy-claims/
    • By dfelt
      400 fired for Performance at Tesla or so they say.
      Seems Tesla fired approximately 400 employees from lowly sales associates to upper level executives all for performance. Yet with the bottleneck of production holding back the ability to actually produce and ship Tesla 3, it seems Tesla is more about laying off costs to stem the flow of cash till they can get the Tesla 3 shipping. Seems to me they will miss their production targets this year big time.
      Tesla Story on web
    • By William Maley
      If there is one thing the Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne has been consistent on aside from changing his mind on a number of things is his dislike on electric vehicles.
      Speaking to reporters this week at the New York Stock Exchange, Marchionne said there isn't a viable economic model for electric cars.
      "We still don't have a viable economic model for delivering an electric car. As much as I like Elon Musk, and he's a good friend and actually he's done a phenomenal job of marketing Telsa, I remain unconvinced of a ... economic viability of the model that he's pitching," said Marchionne.
      Marchionne believes the costs for batteries and the various technologies need to come down to make them viable. Otherwise, automakers should focus on developing hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains. 
      "So how do we find a convergence of technology bringing prices of components down and allows us to price accordingly — or we need to navigate through this process in a combined way between combustion and electrification to yield at least a minimum of economic returns that allows for our continuity? The last thing you want is me to be successful selling cars for 24 months and then go bust. That's not a good story. Especially in a place like this which rewards economic success. Let's not sit here and design our own future in the tank. Let's try and do it properly. We will do all the right things. We are investing without making a lot of noise on electrification. We will combine it with combustion to yield the right level of CO2. But we're not betting the bank on going fully electric in the next decade. It won't happen," said Marchionne.
      Source: The Street

View full article
    • By William Maley
      If there is one thing the Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne has been consistent on aside from changing his mind on a number of things is his dislike on electric vehicles.
      Speaking to reporters this week at the New York Stock Exchange, Marchionne said there isn't a viable economic model for electric cars.
      "We still don't have a viable economic model for delivering an electric car. As much as I like Elon Musk, and he's a good friend and actually he's done a phenomenal job of marketing Telsa, I remain unconvinced of a ... economic viability of the model that he's pitching," said Marchionne.
      Marchionne believes the costs for batteries and the various technologies need to come down to make them viable. Otherwise, automakers should focus on developing hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains. 
      "So how do we find a convergence of technology bringing prices of components down and allows us to price accordingly — or we need to navigate through this process in a combined way between combustion and electrification to yield at least a minimum of economic returns that allows for our continuity? The last thing you want is me to be successful selling cars for 24 months and then go bust. That's not a good story. Especially in a place like this which rewards economic success. Let's not sit here and design our own future in the tank. Let's try and do it properly. We will do all the right things. We are investing without making a lot of noise on electrification. We will combine it with combustion to yield the right level of CO2. But we're not betting the bank on going fully electric in the next decade. It won't happen," said Marchionne.
      Source: The Street
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)