GM Canada's Next Promo?

mr.nice

Hope this is ok to post here.

I figured its not "GM News" worthy, but a little more laid back here.

Does any Canadian dealer have an idea what GM is rolling out next? IE September 1st? My salesman have been mum on the subject.

I looked at the board from this time last year and saw very little.

I'm (sadly) giving up my 2004 Av in about a month or so when its off lease. The wife and I have decided on the HHR as a replacement (her Optra car is up in 15 months...so this will be hers then, then me, back to an Av or something else a little more substansial)

Thanks to a few dealers, its clear there's not a lot left for 2006 in the HHR LS with options we want, in Canada. Which is too bad, as the 2.9% 60 mo financing would be saving us $30/month on a comprably (although the 2007's have the running boards stanadard, after all the issues i've read about) equipped 2007 with a 5.9% rate

We're leaning toward a factory order 2007 to get exactly what we want...but the 60 mo finance GMAC rate is 5.9%. The dealer says if it goes down by delievery (4-10 weeks) we get the lower rate. Fine and dandy, although I assume it will only drop 1%, if that, for the 2007's in the next 6 weeks.

After all that, it boils down to this:

On Sept 1 (4 days from now), will the HHR's 60 mo financing rate drop (both on 2006, or 2007)?

If an '06 dropped to 0% over 60 mos, that $1800 savings could have us move up to an LT for the same price, or, allow us to find an LS in Canada that has what we want (right nmow there's only 1 or 2 in the country) but also more options (more chance of more vehicles available) on the LS.

I'm just trying to keep the payment low so that I can spend more htis time next year! And 6.0% interest on a GM car is a tad high, even at 60 mos. I know the drop to 0% eventually, just not sure if its Sept1 or Oct 1.

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers,

Dealer inventories are at an all time low. We are completely sold out of Optras, Aveos, Malibus (except two Maxx), base Uplanders. The only vehicles we have in quantity are the Cobalt (although all wierd packages and colors, mostly) and the HHR.

What GM does is largely based on how many cars are left on ground. I wouldn't expect deals to get any better. We were told at a meeting last week that what we see is what we get.

A lot of '07s are already on ground, so I wouldn't expect a long, drawn out clearance sale like last year or the year before.

If you can't find anything you like, your best best might be to factory order in mid-October to time its arrival for mid-December when the Boxing Week (month) sales start - your next best opportunity.

Dealer inventories are at an all time low.  We are completely sold out of Optras, Aveos, Malibus (except two Maxx), base Uplanders.  The only vehicles we have in quantity are the Cobalt (although all wierd packages and colors, mostly) and the HHR.

What GM does is largely based on how many cars are left on ground.  I wouldn't expect deals to get any better.  We were told at a meeting last week that what we see is what we get.

A lot of '07s are already on ground, so I wouldn't expect a long, drawn out clearance sale like last year or the year before.

If you can't find anything you like, your best best might be to factory order in mid-October to time its arrival for mid-December when the Boxing Week (month) sales start - your next best opportunity.

185926[/snapback]

Ok thanks. :thumbsup:

The '07 factory order is the preferred (but not cheapest) route, but only if 60mo financing went to 0% would I look at trying to find an '06.

I have to turn my lease in at latest end of October. So would have to be getting into something soon after...ie not sure if we can do the 1 car thing for 6 weeks until mid December.

There is usually a lot of dead air in October. If you can't wait, I'd jump now. I don't see 60 months at zero on the HHR - not this year, anyway. The programs haven't been that aggressive since it came out, so I assume from that it is selling well without them.

In fact, a base Uplander (ABS, 17" wheels, OnStar, V-6, etc.) is far cheaper than a similar HHR so we've converted a lot of would-be HHR buyers (budget) to the Uplander.

There is usually a lot of dead air in October.  If you can't wait, I'd jump now.  I don't see 60 months at zero on the HHR - not this year, anyway.  The programs haven't been that aggressive since it came out, so I assume from that it is selling well without them.

In fact, a base Uplander (ABS, 17" wheels, OnStar, V-6, etc.) is far cheaper than a similar HHR so we've converted a lot of would-be HHR buyers (budget) to the Uplander.

185950[/snapback]

Thanks again.

We looked at the Uplander a few months ago when I could of pulled my lease ahead. (not that I wanted to). It was nice, although a bit too utilitarain looking. At that point we were looking at leasing, not financing.

Yes the "van" stigma too. We need some utility, and like the plastic fold flat in the HHR (more space than the Equinox too). And, its not that much cheaper (rates either) than an HHR. No kids yet, just a bigger dog. Drives and feel like a car. Sips gas with the same efficiency as the Optra.

Biggest thing is getting the payments down a bit, at least for the next year or so. Then this is an upgrade over the Optra, at a modest price.

(That said, I doubt I can lease a Fully loaded Av for $650 anymore...the residuals have dropped significantly over Spring 2004)

Plus, I'm working an angle here too...if its not enough utility/we miss the 4WD come winter, I can make a better case to the wife for the Avalanche (or used EXT) etc (which we used a lot to camp in, and, the old "Once you had a truick its hard not to always have a truck" motto stands) this time next year as her lease is coming due.

If the HHR is enough utility, I can spread my focus to a car. 08 Mailbu...wait for an 09 Impala?

Thanks for your time...I'll see what happens in the next few weeks, and, most likely put an order in.