C&G @ The 2nd Annual Gratiot Cruise

Guest Josh

<html><head></head><body><div id="ipbwrapper" style="width: 877; height: 548"><table width="100%" class="tableborder" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr valign="top" align="center"> <td width="64%" class="row3" valign="top" align="left"> <div class="tableborder"><div align="center"> <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> <tr> <td width="102%" align="left" valign="top"> &nbsp;<b> <p ALIGN="CENTER">C&amp;G At The 2005 Gratiot Cruise</p> </b> <p ALIGN="left"><font size="2">Approximately two weeks ago the city of Mt. Clemens and Clinton Township held their second annual Gratiot Cruise, a Cruise that attracts many automotive enthusiasts from around the Metro-Detroit area. Just as last years event drew thousands to the two cities this years even was sure to be no different. The #1 Pontiac/GMC dealership in the nation Jim Causley Pontiac/GMC Truck threw one heck of a bash to celebrate the occasion. The dealership also arranged a few special arrangements to tickle the fancies of guests that chose to attend this bash. </font></p> <p ALIGN="left"><font size="2">While there were a few bands there, all of which their names currently escape me the stars of this event were without a doubt the crop of new and exciting vehicles slated to reach showrooms later this year, some of which are already on their way to happy owners. On display was the 2006 Pontiac Torrent, which saddens me to say got little to no love from guests at all. There was also a red G6 'vert on display (naturally with the top down). One nit pick that I can complain about is when trying to open the trunk to capture an image of trunk space, I was severely disappointed when GM had apparently disabled the trunk mechanism. I figure that being due to no top being in the trunk of this show car.&nbsp; While I have been reading around on-line during C&amp;G's downtime, apparently the G6 'vert may not find its way into production under the current body structure. That would be a shame, as this vehicle garnered much attention, nearly as much as the two Solstice's (Solsti?) that&nbsp; were on display about 5 feet from the G6. </font></p> <p ALIGN="left"><font size="2">The 2006 Pontiac was without a doubt the shining star this Gratiot Cruise. Pontiac as well as the dealership had a silver Pontiac Solstice on display (which I was so lucky to drive, more on that in another piece), as well as a beautiful red Solstice on display. The interior on the silver Solstice was the infamous two-toned color that first made its debut on the show scene some three years ago. The red Solstice had the rarely seen ebony interior to match the cloth seating. Both vehicles were accessible to the public and boy did the public eat them up. Often when I attend automotive shows, I like to sit back and listen to peoples comments and remarks. Every comment about the Solstice, from young guys such as myself, all the way up to you seniors out there (I have love for you!) was nothing short of positive. I can honestly say the only complaint I heard about this vehicle are the limited production volumes, as Pontiac is booked solid through the rest of '06 with 10,000 Solstice orders. </font></p> <p ALIGN="left"><font size="2">All in all this years Gratiot Cruise was quite fantastic. I had the opportunity to meet many fellow automotive enthusiasts, spread the C&amp;G name (although we WERE down). I also got to meet one of C&amp;G's more active posters, NOS2006. While Gratiot was great, this weekend sets the stage for Woodward, which is by far and wide the largest (and best) car show in all of North America and possibly the world.</font></p> <p ALIGN="left"><font size="2">Check back with us in the coming days for our review of our C&amp;G Drives: 2006 Pontiac Solstice as well as our coverage of this years 11th Annual Woodward Dream Cruise</font></p> <font SIZE="2"> <p align="left">Josh E. Oliver<br><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> <br> </font></p> </td> <td width="2%" align="right" valign="top"> &nbsp; </td> </tr></table> </td></tr></table></div></body></html>

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings