Honda passes Chrysler and Ford in Canada

Wow - that is quite different from the numbers in the US:

Sept. 2006 Canadian sales (compiled from above link)

GM - 35,687

Toyota - 17,204

Honda - 16,888

DCX - 16,191

Ford - 15,343

Mazda - 7,044

Nissan - 6,544

Hyundai - 6,090

VW - 3,176

Look how close 2nd through 5th are - and how commanding GM's lead is!!

There are some smaller manufacturers missing here - but of the companies listed, GM has > 28% of sales.

I think GM's dealer network with a dealer in every one horse town helps them in Canada. As in the U.S. they are losing the battle of the big cities in Canada but sales in smaller areas probably make up a greater percentage of sales in Canada than in the U.S. cause we don't have that many big urban areas. This is just a guess. As for Ford and DCX they don't have a decent small car to sell. All DCX has to offer canadians are thier minivans and Ford only has the F 150. I am starting to see more Fusions though. I can honestly say I can't remember when the last time someone I knew bought a new DCX or Ford product. Imagine if thier fleet sales were taken off thier totals!!!- ouch