LucerneOwner

LUCERNE POWERTRAIN MOUNTS

2 posts in this topic

I read in a 2007 Lucerne promo of the "NEW DOUBLE ISOLATED” powertrain mounting system. Does anyone know whether this is different/better than they used in 2006? My own experience with my 2006 CX is that the engine noise isolation is not as good as it could be, and not as good as it was in my previous 1999 LeSabre. Otherwise, it's a nice, quiet car, especially after the source of an annoying vibration under acceleration was found & corrected by the dealer. If better mounts are now available, I'd be interested in retrofitting them to my 2006, if that's possible.

I read in a 2007 Lucerne promo of the "NEW DOUBLE ISOLATED” powertrain mounting system. Does anyone know whether this is different/better than they used in 2006? My own experience with my 2006 CX is that the engine noise isolation is not as good as it could be, and not as good as it was in my previous 1999 LeSabre. Otherwise, it's a nice, quiet car, especially after the source of an annoying vibration under acceleration was found & corrected by the dealer. If better mounts are now available, I'd be interested in retrofitting them to my 2006, if that's possible.

What was the source of the the vibration in your 2006 CX? The engine mounts?

EDIT: I read the other thread about this topic. Thanks for posting info about the resolution on your car.

Edited by chuck

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor