Oracle of Delphi

Something else going on at Springhill?

9 posts in this topic

Yeah I know they are getting ready for a new vehicle there, but the changes going on in Springhill are way over the top for just a new vehicle changeover, even my spys there are concerned. Time will tell!

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

what changes? I mean, they're removing tooling for both the Vue and Ion, and at some point adding tooling for the chevy lambda... is it something going on outside the scope of all that?

They decided to do it instead of adding a 3rd shift. Could have to do with expected production numbers, but I've also read some things that indicate it could be a move that's part of a series of efforts to get plants to accept more competitive employee practices, and using where product is produced as leverage.

They decided to do it instead of adding a 3rd shift. Could have to do with expected production numbers, but I've also read some things that indicate it could be a move that's part of a series of efforts to get plants to accept more competitive employee practices, and using where product is produced as leverage.

Shhhhhhhhhhh! :P

I picked it up from a news article... not exactly a secret. lol Heck, it's pretty straightforward. "Hey factory, if you can't build product at a competitive cost and quality, then we'll build it somewhere that can." Sounds like a good strategy to me. I don't know the details of what GM is asking for, but it's all mentioned like shorter breaks and people being accountable for showing up to work regularly. Gosh, what a shocker.

Yeah I know they are getting ready for a new vehicle there, but the changes going on in Springhill are way over the top for just a new vehicle changeover, even my spys there are concerned. Time will tell!

New flexibible manufacturing system.

New paint system.

New Lambda vehicle.

Right?

I would be shocked if that's not the case.

Hi Pontiac Custom -S!

I see you are located in Wilmington. Any idea of what is going to fill the empty space there? My friend is thinking Alpha?

Thanks!

Calh

Hi Pontiac Custom -S!

I see you are located in Wilmington. Any idea of what is going to fill the empty space there? My friend is thinking Alpha?

Thanks!

Calh

Calh,

I think I know what's coming here but I never kiss and tell. Welcome to C&G by the way, I see it's your 1st post! :AH-HA_wink:

P-C-S

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room