949 HP Drift VE Commodore

When stunt-riding Irishman Robbie Bolger of Team VIP Petfoods decided to pilot an Aussie V8 in the Japanese born and bred category of Drifting, many shook their heads and said he was crazy.

It didn’t bother Bolger then, and it certainly doesn’t bother him now as he leads the field into this weekend’s final round of the Toyo Drift Australia Series at Oran Park after a nail-biting final thriller at his local Queensland Raceway last month.

If Bolger’s vision comes to fruition on Sunday he will be the first ever to pilot a V8-engined machine to title victory at any level of drift competition in Australia – a prestigious accolade fit to crown his growing list of history-making pursuits in the category to date.

Not only has he been the first to introduce the V8 to the Japanese-inspired category, he was also the first interstate driver to take a round win from the locals since Winton’s 2005 round when he won at Mallala in April this year.

Doing his own thing has paid off well to date, and irrespective of this weekend’s result next year’s Drift Australia series will see Bolger’s newest custom-creation unleashed – the Team VIP Petfoods 949 horsepower Holden Drift VE Commodore – another to add to the history books as the first ever drift VE to hit an Australian race track.

First unveiled at July’s Eastern Creek round, Bolger has elected to let new drifter Christian D’Agostin pilot the powerful machine as he has been unwilling to risk the championship with a relatively untested and underdeveloped car – a decision that while hard to maintain for Bolger has proved wise.

“The VE is just fantastic and I am looking forward to getting her into the racing action, but at the moment I am sticking with the Team VIP Petfoods Monaro as there is just too much on the line,” said Bolger.

“The Monaro has never let me down, she is always reliable, always quick and always on the money, that car is just perfect and with the championship in the works and so much development yet to come with the VE, I am hoping the Monaro can take me to the win this weekend.”

full article :

http://driftaustralia.com.au/news.asp?newsitem=240

I want a Monaro.... er, GTO, I'll even settle for a 5.7 liter 2004.

949hp is ALMOST too much for a daily driver.