Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Did Cobalt go on a Diet Pill?

Z-06

I was browsing on Chevy website, and it said that the 2008 cobalts have following curb weights:

Coupe: 2681

Sedan: 2747

The 2007 cobalts show the curb weights as

Coupe: 2991

Sedan: 3216.

(Source edmunds and carsdirect)

That is a huge weight loss especially for the sedan. Wonder numbers are correct. If I am not wrong, the 2007 Cobalt specs on Chevy website were

Coupe: 2850

Sedan: 2980

Wonder what is Chevy doing.

Edited by smallchevy

GM's 2008 Product Information Guide lists curb weights as 2780 for the LS sedan and 2730 for the LS coupe, unchanged from 2006. LT's are also unchanged, and the new Sport is the same as the old SS. Why the Dealer Order Guide lists much higher weights I don't know. The original 2005 MY product information does list weights much higher (not quite as high as the order guide), but there have were substantial revisions to the lineup and equipment for 2006.

Edited by thegriffon