Experiment: Is community a gift?

As a member of various groups and message boards, I've met quite a few people during my road trips. With "small world" experiences such as this one...

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/1106/DSC07591r8_jpg.html

...I'm convinced that we are more of a community than just words on a screen on a particular message board. I'm STILL amazed at that connection ChevyTalk's DeeGee and I made that evening in Oklahoma City....

That written, I'm attempting an experiment. Last year, I started a thread asking people to state where all they have lived. For THIS experiment, I'm asking 3 additional questions:

Where all did you go to school (HS and college) and when?

Where all have you worked and when?

If treated/being treated for a health condition, at what hospital(s) have you been/are you being treated?

(and, of course)

Where all have you lived and when?

As people share, I will put together a list, by state, of people (I'll only use handles, not names) and where they've gone to school, worked, been treated and lived. Then, I'll post the list and see how many people are "connected" in different ways ... whether directly or indirectly.

If you so choose, please participate; maybe we'll illustrate that, as I believe and have experienced, community IS a gift.

My schools:

Larkin HS, Elgin IL ... 1988-1992

Manchester College, N Manchester IN ... 1992-1996

My places of employment:

The Courier-News newspaper, Elgin IL ... summers 1995 and 1996

Sears, Hoffman Estates IL ... December 1996-April 2005

Chase/Protective, Elgin IL ... July 2005-September 2006

Weber, Schaumburg/Palatine/Huntley IL ... October 2006-present

Hospitals for surgeries/treatments:

Sherman Hospital, Elgin IL ... born here

Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago IL ... surgeries = November 1977, March 1987, and January 6, 2003 [5 years ago now]

Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago IL ... ongoing care with cardiologist, etc.

My homes:

Elgin IL ... 1973-present

N Manchester IN (for college) ... 1992-1996

Nashville TN ... September 1996

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The world rolls by a million miles away" ... James Taylor ... 'Our Town'

Cort, If you're searching for connections you should prolly be asking about the parents of some of us younger guys.

EDIT: I see your experiment involves only people you know... no sense in mentioning my dad after all.

*chuckles*

I thought about that, but decided that, no, as you noticed, this only involves people on the boards ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Finding out the hard way what freedom means" ... Baillie and the Boys ... 'Wilder Days'

*My schools:

- Incarnation Catholic School, Ewing Twp, NJ: September, 1979 - June, 1985

- Antheil Elementary School, Ewing Twp, NJ: September, 1985 - June, 1987

- Fisher Junior High, Ewing Twp, NJ: September, 1987 - June, 1990

- Ewing High School, Ewing Twp, NJ: September, 1990 - June, 1993

- Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ: September, 1993 - December, 1997

*My employment:

- Foodtown, Ewing Twp, NJ <cashier, customer service>: August, 1992 - July, 1993

- NJ Manufacturer's Insurance Company, Ewing Twp, NJ <central files, claims dept/first reports>: July, 1993 - September, 1997

- Hamilton HS West, Hamilton Twp, NJ <permanent sub teacher>: February, 1998 - June, 1998

- Prudential Insurance, Cranbury, NJ <med claims ajudiacator>: October, 1998 - February, 1999

- Coleman Buick-Pontiac-GMC, Lawrenceville, NJ <Internet sales>: February, 1999 - July, 2000

- New Brunswick High School, New Brunswick, NJ <business ed teacher>: September, 2000 - June, 2002

- Pemberton Twp High School, Pemberton, NJ <bus ed teacher; marketing ed co-op coordinator>: September, 2002 to Present

*Hospitals for surgeries/treatments:

- Saint Christopher's Childrens Hospital, Philadelphia, PA <head/eye injury>: March, 1986

*My residences:

- Ewing Township, Mercer County, NJ: December, 1974 - September, 1999

- Lawrenceville, Mercer County, NJ <Lawrence Square Village, rental condo>: September, 1999 - November, 2001

- Bordentown, Burlington County, NJ <Williamsburg Village, townhouse>: November, 2001 - August, 2004

- Westampton, Burlington County, NJ <Deerwood Country Club Estates, carriage house>: August, 2004 to Present