Random thoughts from Chicago's press preview.

http://www.automochatter.com/forum/showthr...p=5767#post5767

Just got back from from the Chicago show press preview.

I just wanted to get some random thoughts down.

Challenger:

Very cool car. Doesn't seem as big in the flesh, as it does in pictures. Also the interior is much nicer in the flesh, than I expected after seeing pictures. Speaking of interiors, I was expecting the Challenger to have a very roomy rear seat, something along the lines of a Monte Carlo. Not really though, the rear seat seemed surprisingly cramped. If you get two people back there, they won't be happy. Three, and they better be VERY little kids.

Looks sharp in black though.

G8:

Once again, much nicer in person than in pictures. Very comfortable interior. I don't even mind the fake hoodscoops. The GT rocks.

CTSv:

BADASS!!!! From it's suede covered steering wheel, to it's G-meter on the instrument panel, this car has got it going on.

CTS Coupe Concept:

Hot. What else can you say? It makes BMW's 6 look like your grandma's car.

BMW 135:

This car is gonna sell like crazy. Loved it!

Riviera Concept:

Ehhh. Wasn't too crazy about. Alittle over the top, and seeing Chinese character emblems on it was weird.

GMC Denali XT Concept:

I liked it WAY more than I thought I would. It kinda looks like a VERY large sedan with a pick-up bed. Oh, about that 4.9L smallblock that nobody's ever heard of? I don't foresee that displacement coming anytime soon. For all I know, the concept could have had the Tahoe's 6.0L hybrid powertrain, and that "4.9" displacement came out of PR thin air.

Hyundai Genesis:

It's okay. Interior is about the quality of...oh, say, a Nissan. Styling, is well, non-offensive. But it does pack a V8 and RWD.

Traverse:

Probably the best looking Lambda.

ZR1:

Scott Settlemire made sure I got on the platform to climb into it. Cool, but outta my league. Congrats to the lucky few who get them. Mandatory driving school will also probably be included for the price of admission.

Be back later.....

Thanks for the notes, Chazman :).

G8:

Once again, much nicer in person than in pictures. Very comfortable interior.

I so want to see this car in person, instead of just via pics. Maybe someday soon. Unfortunately, it won't be at the Chicago Auto Show ... since I won't be able to go this year.

Hyundai Genesis:

It's okay. Interior is about the quality of...oh, say, a Nissan. Styling, is well, non-offensive. But it does pack a V8 and RWD.

Go figure. Hyundai can build what GM/Ch#$r%*et can't.

*rolls eyes*

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I will not make the same mistakes" ... Kelly Clarkson ... 'Because Of You'