my old Chebby Blazer

Since I've never told the whole story of my beloved S10 Blazer I thought it was about time I do so. Esp. with all the S10 hatin' going on around here as of late. :P

It was a cool truck... gunmetal gray metallic, 4.3 liter V6, 2dr, loaded, 4x4 on the floor with 104,000 miles when I got it. If it had been an automatic I never would have looked twice at it.

I was in the market for a truck, but I wanted a BEATER truck. I wanted someones scummy throwaway beater S10, the ONLY requirement was that it would be a 5-speed. My buddy John Morris was going to sell me his 280,000 mile 88 S-10 P/U. It was a 4-cylinder (iron duke) extra-cab longbed with a manual transmission. It had freekin gloss black Ladder racks on it, the whole truck was done up in primer gray with Camaro IROC-Z Rims that had chewed up a few curbstones over the years.

$200. for the whole kit and caboodle. According to John the valvecover had never even been off the freeking truck. A testimate to Chevy/GM durrability.

Anyway A few days after I talked John into selling the S10 to me he trades in this gray Blazer in from a customer who buys a used 2000/1/2 Monte Carlo.

He drives it up to me and says: screw it, you buy my truck and I'll buy this bad boy! I'm like "eh, its nice but I have to have a 5-speed in my next vehicle so I'd rahter have your pickup."

John pints to the shifter knob sticking out of the trany tunnel and I'm like WHAAAAAT??? All of a sudden I WANT this thing bad... John's like I knew you'd be all hot and horny over this pile so have at it.

$600 dollars and a few days later I gassed that bitch up with Sunoco 94 and having JUST bought it drove it throught the biggest mud puddle in town.

I drove that truck for like 24,000 miles, beat the crap out of it every day, installed those amber fog lights I'm so smitten with and sold it for $1000 off my front lawn the first day I put it out for sale. Asking price $1300, the guy offered $900 and I was like NO way am Igoing less than $1000 and my CD player is not a pert of the deal unless you pay $1100.

Sold.

I miss that little guy. Of all the off roading I did in it and all the dumb crap I pulled behind the wheel of that truck my best memory of it was cleaning about 7" of snow off of it at Emerson Hospital on the morning of January 12, 2004. The day my little Sofia came into the world.

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

I had my Blazer for just about a year... from Summer of 2003 to summer of 2004. Considersing I put like 24K miles on it and beat the ever living life out of that truck it's cool to think I MADE money on it. I still see it on the road every so often. I went by the kid's house about a month ago and sure enought it was still there. :)