Charger vs. 300

Flybrian

Ocn's post in the Charger Sales thread got me to thinking and researching. Here are my findings:

Charger SE - $22.995
Advantages over 300:
ABS w/brake assist
AutoStick 5-speed
Traction Control
Stability Control
3.5l V6

300 Base - $24.200
Advantages over Charger SE:
Power driver's seat

:blink:

Are you kidding me? Why would you buy a base 300 over a Charger?

Chrysler needs to learn how to price cars. Rather, no, they don't, because this makes the Dodge a cheaper, better-looking, better value.

Ocn's post in the Charger Sales thread got me to thinking and researching. Here are my findings:

Charger SE - $22.995
Advantages over 300:
ABS w/brake assist
AutoStick 5-speed
Traction Control
Stability Control
3.5l V6

300 Base - $24.200
Advantages over Charger SE:
Power driver's seat

:blink:

Are you kidding me? Why would you buy a base 300 over a Charger?

Chrysler needs to learn how to price cars. Rather, no, they don't, because this makes the Dodge a cheaper, better-looking, better value.

[post="60389"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why would you buy a LaCrosse CX over an Impala LS?

I understand what you are trying to say.....but I think Charger and 300 are styled so differently, that they will appeal to different people. That's all.

Why would you buy a LaCrosse CX over an Impala LS?

I understand what you are trying to say.....but I think Charger and 300 are styled so differently, that they will appeal to different people.  That's all.

[post="60410"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Given more thought....I'd probably choose the cheaper LS Impala over the CX LaCrosse.

Newer V6 engine, a bit more power, much more attractive interior, etc.

Given more thought....I'd probably choose the cheaper LS Impala over the CX LaCrosse.

Newer V6 engine, a bit more power, much more attractive interior, etc.

[post="60412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

OK glad you came to your senses, as I was about to rip you a new one :AH-HA_wink:

Um... The point was the massive disparity in equipment level vs. price. A LaCrosse CX offers ABS, traction control, and a longer warranty for a $1,000 more than the Impala LS. In others words, you get more when you pay more. In the case of 300 vs Charger SE, you pay more but get less - far, far less. I don't see an appropriate comparison to the two.

Um...

The point was the massive disparity in equipment level vs. price.

A LaCrosse CX offers ABS, traction control, and a longer warranty for a $1,000 more than the Impala LS. In others words, you get more when you pay more. In the case of 300 vs Charger SE, you pay more but get less - far, far less.

I don't see an appropriate comparison to the two.

[post="60415"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh wait.....did you say Charger "SE?"

The SE is fleet-only, and has the 2.7L V6. The base "retail" Charger is teh SXT with the 3.5L V6.

Unless Dodge has recently changed this, SE is only available for fleet buyers.

Oh wait.....did you say Charger "SE?"

The SE is fleet-only, and has the 2.7L V6.  The base "retail" Charger is teh SXT with the 3.5L V6.

Unless Dodge has recently changed this, SE is only available for fleet buyers.

[post="60417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Negatory. Visit the Dodge website.

The 3.5-liter high-output V6 engine, standard on Charger SE and SXT models, delivers the perfect balance of performance and economy. This compact powerhouse kicks out 250 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque thanks to a host of performance features, including a precision aluminum block with cast-in iron liners, cross-bolted main bearing caps, and cast aluminum heads.

And, yes, I can buy it without being General Electric or Alamo.

Negatory. Visit the Dodge website.
And, yes, I can buy it without being General Electric or Alamo.

[post="60419"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Then that HAS changed.

Because SE was ONLY fleet....in fact, I looked at one at the dealership when I picked up my Jeep, and it was an SE and very clearly had the 2.7L V6 on the window sticker....and had the obligatory fleet "discounts" on the monroney.

Looks like now they offer an SE to retail....hmm....

Hey now...be nice  :angry:

Heh...I only go off when the logic doesn't make any sense whatsoever...and you caught yourself just in time  :P

[post="60422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh lord.....no worries.....

In a strange, demented, and totally effed-up way....I really like you..... B)

(and I don't mean like you in THAT way......heheeheheheh)

Then that HAS changed.

Because SE was ONLY fleet....in fact, I looked at one at the dealership when I picked up my Jeep, and it was an SE and very clearly had the 2.7L V6 on the window sticker....and had the obligatory fleet "discounts" on the monroney.

Looks like now they offer an SE to retail....hmm....

[post="60421"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm pretty sure the 2.7l has always been an option in the fleet edition of the SE as in the 2006 Fleet Buyer's Guide, it lists two seperate SEs, one retail with discounts and the fleet special with discounts.