2004 CTS turn signal

This morning I got in my 2004 CTS and the left turn signal indicator on the dash remained lit while the headlights were on. If I turned the headlights off the indicator light turned off. If I used the left turn signal the light would blink at double speed.

I havent checked all the bulbs yet but I am hoping it means I have a light out. Any insights?

This morning I got in my 2004 CTS and the left turn signal indicator on the dash remained lit while the headlights were on. If I turned the headlights off the indicator light turned off. If I used the left turn signal the light would blink at double speed.

I havent checked all the bulbs yet but I am hoping it means I have a light out. Any insights?

I'm thinking it means just that. Assuming you didn't install a an incompatible bulb or blinker relay recently, blinking at double speed indicates a blown bulb. Why it remained on otherwise night be a CTS "feature"... though it would seem strange for it to go out if you turned the headlights on... as if the other filament lighting canceled any bulb-minding feature the CTS might have.

I would have immediately put the 4 ways on and did a walk around. I really detest blown bulb and getting pulled over for such a lame reason.

Surprised nobody would reply to this all day.

Knowing GM's supplier for lighting (or if not that, poorly engineered electrical for the lights) it wouldn't surprise me in the least to know that it is just a blown out turn signal light.

I swear, nearly every GMT-800 truck and suv I see has only one functioning running light, and remembering back to the days of our Suburban, the rear turn signals would always go out as well.

Seriously though, with the time it took you to make a post about it you could've simply flipped the signal and walked out to check and see if it was functioning.

Well the bulb was not working but I replaced it with a new bulb but it still has the same problem. I read on another board that this could mean a bad flasher relay. ANyonknow where this is located on the CTS?

Most cars have it with the rest of the fuses. Best part is that there are usually two relays... a blinker one and a emergency flasher one... so you can swap them and see if the problem follows the relay.