Sales: January 2012 - Mitsubishi Motors

January 2012 Sales - Mitsubishi Motors

Sales down 17.6%

gallery_306_305_4469.jpg

CYPRESS, CA, Feb. 1, 2012: Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported January 2012 sales of 4,711 units, down 17.6 percent from January 2011.

"January was an encouraging month in several respects," said MMNA President & CEO Yoichi Yokozawa. "Many Mitsubishi dealerships showed healthy increases for the month and we are gaining great momentum from the roll-out of our exciting new all-electric Mitsubishi i."

The Mitsubishi i will be available for customer test drives at i-certified Mitsubishi dealerships across the U.S., beginning in March, and the Mitsubishi i will be available for customer purchase across the U.S. by summer 2012. Customers can reduce their wait time by preordering the Mitsubishi i now at i-certified Mitsubishi dealerships or online at www.mitsubishicars.com.

The year vs. year sales comparison continues to be impacted by Mitsubishi models whose production was completed last summer, however several Mitsubishi models showed increases in January:

• Outlander Sport sales were up 5.0 percent compared to January 2011
  • Outlander sales were up 2.2 percent compared to last year
  • Lancer Evolution sales increased 10.7 percent compared to a year ago

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, sales and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells cars and light trucks through a network of approximately 400 dealers.