'06 GMC Envoy - loose rear doors weatherstriping

Though this is occurring to my '06 GMC Envoy, it also occurred on my leased '05 Envoy (dealer fixed under warranty) and I'm sure the equivalent Chevrolet TrailBlazer, Oldsmobile Bravada, Buick Rainier, Saab 9-7, and Isuzu Ascender all suffer from this issue too.

The rear doors of my Envoy have rubber weatherstriping around the wheel well curves that come loose, allowing wind noise and air to enter the cabin while driving. Here's what it looks like when it's properly in its place:

IMG_20120824_113016.jpg

Here is what it looks like loose and out of place:

IMG_20120824_113033.jpg

I'm getting tired of constantly pushing it back in place, only to come loose again. I'm wondering if there is an adhesive that can be recommended to hold the rubber weatherstriping in place. If there is, can you tell me what the name is and where to get it? Also, would this be the best DIY fix? I do not want to go to the dealer's service department and pay for this to be done.

Thanks!!

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Just put a tiny dab of RTV or silicone sealant over each hole, then push the nubs on the back of the weatherstripping through the holes. Wipe off any excess for appearance's sake. Problem solved.

RTV/silicone sealant should be avaialble at any auto parts store for under $10. Either (or both) are good to have because though they have adhesive properties they never "harden".

Though this is occurring to my '06 GMC Envoy, it also occurred on my leased '05 Envoy (dealer fixed under warranty) and I'm sure the equivalent Chevrolet TrailBlazer, Oldsmobile Bravada, Buick Rainier, Saab 9-7, and Isuzu Ascender all suffer from this issue too.

The rear doors of my Envoy have rubber weatherstriping around the wheel well curves that come loose, allowing wind noise and air to enter the cabin while driving. Here's what it looks like when it's properly in its place:

IMG_20120824_113016.jpg

Here is what it looks like loose and out of place:

IMG_20120824_113033.jpg

I'm getting tired of constantly pushing it back in place, only to come loose again. I'm wondering if there is an adhesive that can be recommended to hold the rubber weatherstriping in place. If there is, can you tell me what the name is and where to get it? Also, would this be the best DIY fix? I do not want to go to the dealer's service department and pay for this to be done.

Thanks!!

My 2008 Trailblazer SS had this same issue on both rear doors, I fixed it by using the GM black adhesive they sell when you replace the gasket on the rear stage coach doors on my 94 subruban. I had left over and use it as I squeezed it into the whole length of the weather strip and then pushed it back into place and boom it dried and has stayed in place with no noise, slippage or any other problems. I feel it is now fixed for good.