more variety: old schoolness, ads & road trips

This has always been me…
…even now, despite all the “character builders” the last 3+ years, including frustration, panic & pain-swelling (feet & left knee).  Sometimes I wonder for what I’ve survived 4 open heart surgeries, but maybe someday I’ll know?  It could be worse, but wish I was getting cars out for the season, traveling, etc.  At least my car family (1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics) is FAR better than it was!

Potentially good news: Monday is my initial meeting with a Small Business Development consultant (a bit more on this in a post on my website, Monday, ~7a US central); looking forward to seeing if my business ideas might be viable….

Crafting keeps me positive & active: 04/19/2015 marked 3 months since I launched my website, 01/19/2015 … & 2 years + 4 months since I launched my Facebook page, 12/19/2012.

Thursday, featured 4 family-oriented ads: Dodge, VW, Porsche & Ford….

Saturday, featured 4 racing-related ads: a Raceway Park, Wrangler (featuring Dale Earnhardt), Mercury, & CAM2

& Sunday’s Special featured the Suburban, the longest continuous-use nameplate:

Speaking of the Suburban, just about any would make an awesome road trip vehicle, but I’ve never owned or rented 1.  I road tripped annually 2002-2011 & share a pic each Tuesday (7a US central) on my website; here are links to pics I’ve taken during the last few journeys….

09/2009, SOUTHWEST:

DeKalb IL (LH) to Pontiac IL (Rt 66) to Springfield IL:

Springfield IL to St Louis MO:

Stanton MO to Joplin MO:

Joplin MO to Tulsa OK:

Tulsa OK to Clinton OK:

Clinton OK to Amarillo TX:

Amarillo TX to Moriarty NM:

Moriarty NM to Holbrook AZ:

Holbrook AZ to Williams AZ:

Williams AZ to Kingman AZ:

Kingman AZ to Barstow CA:

Barstow CA to Rialto/San Bernardino CA:

Rialto/San Bernardino CA to Albuquerque NM:

Albuquerque NM (Rt 66) to Kearney NE (LH)...:

Kearney NE (LH) to Elgin IL:

11/2009, SOUTH:

08/2010, NORTHEAST:

06-07/2011, COAST-COAST/NORTHWEST:

A flood of memories rush back when reminded of people from your past…. &, odd how movies take ~120 minutes to do what songs do in 4 … make you think, learn, remember, wish, wonder what might’ve been, want better.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"It's kinda like Nashville, with a tan" __ Shawn Mullins __ 'Rockabye'